Android Phone in Rs. 20000

vishurocks

Journeyman
Under 20k is worst budget choice for android phone. Instead stretch ur budget and get a desire for 23k or cut ur budget to 12k-15k and get a lg optimur one or galaxy 551

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Under 20k is worst budget choice for android phone. Instead stretch ur budget and get a desire for 23k or cut ur budget to 12k-15k and get a lg optimur one or galaxy 551

absolutely correct. currently mobiles in 15-20k sucks. looks more like a concept mobile went wrong. maybe this yr we'll have a better range of ~18k mobiles that ppls can at least use.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Agreed with sam, heard about launch of motodefy. If available about 18k, then would be a great buy, considering its great build and high res screen. U should wait

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
till you are ready to install custom roms. with stock rom, not much. also those who can sell out 18k, why not add ~3k & get milestone?

ladoo1985

Broken In
Go for classic Desire.. i heard it is being sold for as low as 21500/- and apart from that u will also get timely android updates...from HTC..:):).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Is MOTOROLA DEFY a worth mobile???

nah. it's a good phone but motorola is really poor in updating firmware and they are kind of ignoring Indian end users. so, if you want to get a motorola device, you better wait for one that comes with Gingerbread as it could take eternity for current gen devices to get Froyo or Gingerbread.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
nah. it's a good phone but motorola is really poor in updating firmware and they are kind of ignoring Indian end users. so, if you want to get a motorola device, you better wait for one that comes with Gingerbread as it could take eternity for current gen devices to get Froyo or Gingerbread.

Ya, I am also looking for a android phone within 20-25K. I am expecting to sell off my NOKIA 5800 at 5-7K range.

I was thinking MOTO DEFY is gonna be good one. But if MOTO is not providing regular firmware upates then it ain't fun. I want to avoid HTC as i had a bad experience with HTC. No idea what to do :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
HTC Desire is much better than Defy. and it is a rock solid phone with no issues with h/w. Also, check Samsung Galaxy S (costs aroudn 27k, need to do rooting, customizing to get good performance out of the phone).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Motorola Defy to get Android 2.2 in Q2 next year. anyone who wants to buy Defy please go through the above link. when others will be releasing Android 2.3 update or maybe 3.0 (if it supports mobiles), Defy will be getting Froyo. & i feel this will be country dependent. US should get it & others may miss out.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
HTC Desire is much better than Defy. and it is a rock solid phone with no issues with h/w. Also, check Samsung Galaxy S (costs aroudn 27k, need to do rooting, customizing to get good performance out of the phone).

Hhm but i want to avoid HTC.How is the battery backup of Galaxy S ? I have read several issues with the battery backup of HTC DESIRE HD on android forums.

Bond how is ur N900 is it good ? Its available at 23K.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hhm but i want to avoid HTC.How is the battery backup of Galaxy S ? I have read several issues with the battery backup of HTC DESIRE HD on android forums.

Bond how is ur N900 is it good ? Its available at 23K.

if you want to do all kinds of R&D, do go for N900. To use it as a day to day casual use device, nah, it's not good.

The other day I was checking Dell XCD35. I think its a damn good phone for 16K. IMHO its worth checking.

it is a good phone. my only concern is that with the release of newer devices that are designed inside Dell, they might leave this phone out in cold, no updates, no bug fixes etc. Just a concern. I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom