Android phone for around Rs 18,000 (can extend budget to 20k)

Hi guys!
I want to buy an Android phone for around 18k. I am looking for a device which is running jellybean (or atleast will get an official update). It should have a good gpu which can run graphic intensive games. A good PPI would be nice. It would be appreciated if I can get a lag-free phone :p . Camera quality doesn't matter.

In short,

1. Jelly bean
  2. Graphic intensive games
  3. Good PPI
  4. Lag free :p

I am thinking of buying the Lg Optimus L9 or Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

Which phone will you guys suggest (not necessarily the above two mentioned) ?

Thanks in advance!

(This is my first post so I am not well versed with the etiquettes of this forum. I hope my question fits in :) )

NexGen

Broken In
LG optimus L9 best in the segment below 20k. U wil get it easily for around/less than18.5k. I bought it few days back n i tell u this is really a beauty with brains. dual core a9 cortex processor,1 gb ram, 4,7 inch screen. No lags/hang even while multi tasking. no lag or hand even playing heavy graphics games like modern combat, call of duty, dead trigger.

As far as jb is concerned u may urself get it by rooting it. Screen is pretty sharp clear n viewing angles also nice

NexGen

Broken In
U can also check l9`s review in the reviews section , which is given by a fellow member who bought it recently.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Go for L9. It is awesome and you can get it easily for 18k from stores or a bit more from online. It is worth it, lag-free UI-X, big screen. If you want to know more about that just read the review from link in my siggy.

OP
U

^Ultimate~Master

Broken In
LG optimus L9 best in the segment below 20k. U wil get it easily for around/less than18.5k. I bought it few days back n i tell u this is really a beauty with brains. dual core a9 cortex processor,1 gb ram, 4,7 inch screen. No lags/hang even while multi tasking. no lag or hand even playing heavy graphics games like modern combat, call of duty, dead trigger.

As far as jb is concerned u may urself get it by rooting it. Screen is pretty sharp clear n viewing angles also nice

Thanks for the reply NexGen. Since, you have the phone, how do you rate the screen quality? Is the text crisp and how is the browser experience? Can it play HD movies/clips jitter free?

PS- Good to hear that it doesn't lag even while playing graphics intensive games! :)

OP
U

^Ultimate~Master

Broken In
Go for L9. It is awesome and you can get it easily for 18k from stores or a bit more from online. It is worth it, lag-free UI-X, big screen. If you want to know more about that just read the review from link in my siggy.

Thanks for the reply! BTW how is the battery life on this phone? Say, if my daily requirement is: 2-3 hours wifi + 45 min graphics intensive games + casual music ?

NexGen

Broken In
Thanks for the reply NexGen. Since, you have the phone, how do you rate the screen quality? Is the text crisp and how is the browser experience? Can it play HD movies/clips jitter free?

PS- Good to hear that it doesn't lag even while playing graphics intensive games! :)
Screen is crisp clear n bright. I havent played hd videos coz i use 1gb airtel plan so downloading hd vids wud use most of my mb's. Browsing is pretty fast over my 2g airtel
Network. (On chrome browser). Even apps from play store also get downloaded pretty fast.

And guys, how is the browsing experience on LG L9? is the zooming and panning responsive and smooth? and is the touch quality good?

zooming n panning is smooth and very much Responsive. viewing angles are pretty good, sharp n clear(dont compare it to super amoled devices, but its the best in non-amoled screens). screen is decently clear, sharp n crisp. photos n videos look pretty sharp n clear

touch is quick, no false touches as of now. one thing i noticed that i would like to share. sometimes few buttons only work from a particular hand. like i was holding phone in left hand and pressed a button with left hand(holding the phone in same hand),but it dint respond but when i pressed it with right hand(still holding the phone in left hand) it worked. this thing occured few times. dont know is it a mechanism of huge screen phones that u need to press button with particular angle or what but otherwise touch is quick and responsive.

Thanks for the reply! BTW how is the battery life on this phone? Say, if my daily requirement is: 2-3 hours wifi + 45 min graphics intensive games + casual music ?

After charging to 100% i could browse for around 200-220 mins continuously with downloads before it went 0%. it consumed 10% battery for listening continuous music for 30 mins.

I have also loaded camera samples n screenshots of the phone here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/169251-need-buy-best-android-under-20k.html U can check them from post no.27 onwards in this thread

5fusion

Journeyman
Apart from L9 you can also consider Desire SV.
Desire SV?? ..an 18k phone with mere 480p video capture and cant even play HD videos even after being a dual core:hyper: . this one reason itself makes Desire SV a "crap" phone :facepalm:

L9 anyday and by far the best droid right now in 20k budget IMO;).

OP
U

^Ultimate~Master

Broken In
Guys I have found three variants of the LG L9
1. Lg Optimus L9 P760 (also P768)
2. Lg Optimus L9 P765
3. Lg Optimus L9 P769

Are all of these available in india? The P769 looks good with 4.5", 245 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass!

And is it true that after android 4.0.4, you cannot use apps2sd?!

NexGen

Broken In
Guys I have found three variants of the LG L9
1. Lg Optimus L9 P760 (also P768)
2. Lg Optimus L9 P765
3. Lg Optimus L9 P769

Are all of these available in india? The P769 looks good with 4.5", 245 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass!

And is it true that after android 4.0.4, you cannot use apps2sd?!
bro i am from india and the model available over here is LG L9 P765, which is not a gorilla glass one and comes with 4.7 inch screen. and yes, in this model apps cannot be moved to sd card. the only option is to root the phone to move apps to sd(which i wont suggest as rooting the phone makes your company warranty null n void)

Top Bottom