Android phone btw 22 to 27k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Samsung Nexus S is released in India
now. Check it out. People are
reporting that it is available for as less
as 27k.
Don't know how many stores it will be available in but at flipkart.com , it costs 26.5k

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Here in Kolkata stores the Sansung Nexus S is available and Price is Rs.26,000 including all. :)
But@OP- You should go either with Arc or with Neo. If looks is no factor then go for NEO.

OP
@

@|\||_|:)

Broken In
guys just checked engadget.com and xperia arc is rated 7 outta 10 while play 6 and incredible s 8..... and they have also said that xperia arc has some software issues and also its video quality is disappointing... would you still suggest xperia arc over incredible s.....

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Course ARC will be better than Incredible S, but Incredible S has 256MB extra RAM. But Design, Camera quality, Reality Display and Audio quality are far better in ARC, and that mentioned Video quality issue is software related, a FW update will fix it and AFAIK Incredible S's video recording has more issues than ARC's. Read Gsmarena's review on both of them.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc review: Android de Triumph - GSMArena.com

HTC Incredible S review: Smart and curvy - GSMArena.com

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
guys just checked engadget.com and xperia arc is rated 7 outta 10 while play 6 and incredible s 8..... and they have also said that xperia arc has some software issues and also its video quality is disappointing... would you still suggest xperia arc over incredible s.....

I'd say... wait for dual core phones... No Android phone is perfect.

I like to change phones every year... so for me, 12k is the limit... 1k for each month...

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, no android mobiles are perfect at release. software updates fixes most. wait for Arc to receive some patches & then make your move.

Soumik

Padawan
Am quite impressed with the Arc review actually. Its a few months late.. i mean it will be beaten by the dual cores in a battle of the flagships in a few months from now, but it still is a damn good looking and powerful phone. I'd say if u cant wait, go for it over HTC incredible s,se xperia neo or play. Play just aint got the right hardware in it for a true gaming phone. I'd rather get the latest PSP instead.
Neo's the subsidised Arc, so if u have the budget, forget neo, get Arc :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Am quite impressed with the Arc review actually. Its a few months late.. i mean it will be beaten by the dual cores in a battle of the flagships in a few months from now, but it still is a damn good looking and powerful phone. I'd say if u cant wait, go for it over HTC incredible s,se xperia neo or play. Play just aint got the right hardware in it for a true gaming phone. I'd rather get the latest PSP instead.
Neo's the subsidised Arc, so if u have the budget, forget neo, get Arc :D

Perfectly said, ARC is some design beauty :)

OP
@

Broken In
arc is now available near my place and my brother brought it for 29300....
its awesome looking, i mean i can easily say its by far the best looking android phone....
it has a great camera no doubt but i dont think its worth it....
its slow and u can easily notice that....
going from each homesceeen to another and then checking the photographs,,, its lacking something i dont know what becoz i am not xpert at this...
but i can easily say that its not worth 30k.....
nobody would like to spend 30k just for some sleek and super good looking gadget.....
atleast i wont....
sooo what will you suggest me now.....
i mean incredible s does not have good camera and smart design...
and arc does have that but its so not right for 3ok...

aroraanant

Explorer
and arc does have that but its so not right for 30k...

I just saw Incredible S 2 days back at a showroom in Jalandhar, but couldn't get a chance to operate it,Is is a nice phone,it looks good and camera is also not that bad as I asked the dealer n he said "its best android phone available in tha market till date and the camera is also good",you can also compare its camera with help of photo quality compare tool at gsmarena.com.
Have a look at Incredible S at store near u n i hope u will surely like it,

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
going from each homesceeen to another and then checking the photographs,,, its lacking something i dont know what becoz i am not xpert at this...
The photos albums are arranged as piles of scattered prints, the animation from click to a gallery is pretty long and blank squares appear before the photos get loaded
yeah there are a whole ton of these UI glitches, but they are a mainstay in every single android phone I have seen

Theres an elephant in the room, it makes a little more sense to get even an older iphone, yeah its not worth 30k if your expecting a certain set of things, but it has plenty to offer as a device on its own and most importantly, it really is better than a lot of other android devices out there

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
its slow and u can easily notice that....
going from each homesceeen to another and then checking the photographs,,,

Well that's unexpected. Android Gingerbread with Scorpian Proccesor; and it still lags!!!
This may be result of heavily customised UI.

sooo what will you suggest me now.....
and arc does have that but its so not right for 3ok...

Under the hood, both Arc and Incredible S are almost same (though Incredible S has bigger amount of RAM). So, I dont think Incredible S would prove to be a much better performer than Arc.
Since your budget is great, I think you should wait for arrival of dual core phones. The "single core" phone era soon gonna meet its end.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
The photos albums are arranged as piles of scattered prints, the animation from click to a gallery is pretty long and blank squares appear before the photos get loaded
yeah there are a whole ton of these UI glitches, but they are a mainstay in every single android phone I have seen

You need a faster SD card (class 6 or above) and should consider upgrading to the 20k+ Android phones which have 1 GHz processors and tons of RAM. That way, your experience would be excellent.

How much would a 2 year old, used iPhone 3Gs cost you?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
arc is now available near my place and my brother brought it for 29300....

Flipkart Price is Rs.28499 for ARC, and I am sure store Price will be 1-1.5k lesser than that, so the Price is around 27k if not less :), now how your bro got it for Rs.29300? :!:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Look I seriously dont think the hardware is responsible for the UI bugs. Although most Android phones have a lot of bells and whistles in their UI, they are full of glitches and bugs. This is in every single model, only less in some and more in others, and different in each. This can be looked past, I think every single android purchaser has made this sacrifice. Im not reco the iPhone over the Arc, they are meant for different things, and I believe both of them have their markets. Im saying in terms of UI, the touchscreen, the applications, and the ecosystem, it is simply better, despite (or because of) a lack of multi-tasking, customization etc.... and every android purchase has to be made in the light of these realities. It makes sense to pay a premium for a product when its good at something. This is the reason why its not OK to buy a phone just because it has a touchscreen remember that trend? In this case, the premium would be for the multimedia capabilities which is the only thing the phone really has to offer despite the abysmal default memory, not for the touchscreen or the ecosystem at all and if it does not seem worth it, then the phone is not for you.

Last edited:
OP
@

Broken In
@ Anorion
i know arc is not for me... :neutral:
see the thing is i have been saving for almost 10 months and my last phone was samsung f480i, and now i want an android phone which i wont be changing atlst for a year and half.... so i want the best phone available under my budget which should not disappoint me atleast for a year...
i know this may sound too demanding in this fast pace of changing technology...but all i want is a phone that should be a pleasure for the first six months and should not be a disappointment for another six months..... i think dats not too demanding after spending almost 30k... is it??????
soooo please suggest me something because i am not gonnna change my phone every now and then....

aroraanant

Explorer
@ Anorion
i know arc is not for me...see the thing is i have been saving for almost 10 months and now i want an android phone which i wont be changing atlst for a year and half.... so i want the best phone available under my budget which should not disappoint me atleast for a year...
i know this may sound too demanding in this fast pace of changing technology...but all i want is a phone that should be a pleasure for the first six months and should not be a disappointment for another six months..... i think dats not too demanding after spending almost 30k... is it??????
soooo please suggest me something because i am not gonnna change my phone every now and then....

Go for Incredible S coz HTC has the best UI after Apple.
And I m also searching for a phone from more than a month for myself and I m having a budget of 25K,Incredible S will cost somewhere around 26k.I m going to buy it very soon coz after getting hands on and reading the reviews on the internet of almost all the top phones available in a budget of 30K,I have came to conclusion that Incredible S is the best.
U can also have a look at this thread and u can see that Incredible S have got the maximum votes.
So now its upto u... :)

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Weird that you say that the arc is slow. Most reviews i have read says that the arc is silky smooth. Oh yea, delete the timescape widget from the home screen and then say.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Mobile phones

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The ARC is not slow by any means, it just can't be :) and you can't expect iPhone type silky smoothness in it also. That's because one runs on iOS and other on Android.

Top Bottom