Android Mobile with focus on Camera,Music @ 25k Budget

tkin

Back to school!!
It is losing pretty badly.
Xperia SL has 8260 Snapdragon, with two 1.7 Ghz Scorpion cores and Adreno 220.
which Similar to Xperia S, or the older HTC Sensation Soc except for the increase in clockspeed.
Scorpion Core doesn't have the raw performance to match Cortex A9. So any Soc designed around Cortex A9 is likely to perform better than the one designed with Scorpion Core.

Besides Exynos 4412 has shown excellent performance in various benchmarks compared to other. Anandtech gives detailed review of galaxy s2 and hardware capabilities.
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com
S2 has 20 to 30% better FPS over Xperia S in nenamark 2. Even for Xperia SL, the benchmark is 38. but S2 pushes to 45.

however Krait Socs have solved Sony & HTC Problems. They have clearly beaten Exynos quad as far as raw performance is concerned. But Sammy will soon come out with a Cortex A15 cum Cortex A7 Soc called Exynos 5 Octa and Mali T658 GPU which will probably the turn the tables. Mali T604 itself is giving Adreno 320 a run for its money if the nexus 10 benchmarks are to be believed.
Wait a minute, if the CPU of SII is faster, why is it losing in CPU intensive benchmarks like browser mark or sunspider?

And next time read the review instead of seeing the pics and jumping with joy:
For graphics performance, the Sony Xperia S and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus are at a disadvantage performance-wise with their 720p screens, but the image quality is better. Still, the Xperia S and its Adreno 220 manage the very playable 37.5fps, second only to the Galaxy S II, which has only about 40% of the total pixels as the Xperia and manages 46.2fps.

Based on this, the 60% less pixel containing SGS II should have nenamark score of 59.5 (Xperia S gets 37.5, calculate), yet is gets 46.2, Adreno 220 has always been faster than Mali 400MP, and the Snapdragon is faster than A9, just like krait>A15

And their conclusion:
The Sony Xperia S can successfully take on the best current-gen droids and come out the winner in several key areas. Its biggest problem, however, is that the flagship trend has moved on to quad-core packing, Android 4.0 ICS running phones and Sony isn't there yet.
The OS update is coming soon, which will neutralize one of the two major complaints.
The second complaint - the number of CPU cores - is not necessarily a deal-breaker as not all tasks require that many cores and games are often more limited by the GPU than the processor (even the new iPad sticks with just 2 CPU cores, but packs upgraded graphics).
The 12MP camera is definitely a key selling point for the Sony Xperia S and luckily for it, it's practically alone in its field (except some Japan-only or obscure phones). It did very well in video capture too.
The Xperia S also benchmarks well, so it should feel as an upgrade over some older dual-cores, it has very decent battery life and it's armed to the teeth when it comes to connectivity (LTE is missing from the list, but its very rare outside the US, where the Xperia ion takes over).
The Xperia S has its advantages over the Samsung Galaxy S II such as screen sharpness and the camera. Still, we wish Sony had fixed the screen viewing angles perhaps by using an IPS matrix and overall, the phone could have been thinner.
The price premium of the Xperia S over the Galaxy S II seems to vary from market to market (it's €30-€60) and we'll leave it up to you to decide if the Xperia S is worth the extra cash.

So? They cost same here.

PS: Battery life of SII is higher than Xperia S, but its pushing a lot less pixels.

And finally the big bomb: Xperia SL has a 200MHz faster CPU than S, so that's about 14% faster, Xperia SL will beat SGS II black and blue, period, and again I say this, SGS II is a fine phone, but for 26k that Samsung charges its daylight robbery, SGSII is the killer at 22k, not 26k, big boys play here(Optimux 4X HD etc).

Now peace, let the OP chose, he has enough material now.

ajaymailed

In the zone
SGS2 Plus is disappointing, after two years Samsung hasnt made any improvements over original S2. Probably coz it might hurt S3 sales. I expected 720p resolution and an improved camera. There is no wow factor with either S2 Plus or Galaxy Grand, worse they put some Broadcom Soc, without Exynos, Sammy high end phones lose the sheen.

Xperia S is a good all rounder, if we can ignore lack of replaceable battery and microSD Card Slot. Xperia T is a much better option since its powered by Krait Soc

tkin

Back to school!!
SGS2 Plus is disappointing, after two years Samsung hasnt made any improvements over original S2. Probably coz it might hurt S3 sales. I expected 720p resolution and an improved camera. There is no wow factor with either S2 Plus or Galaxy Grand, worse they put some Broadcom Soc, without Exynos, Sammy high end phones lose the sheen.

Xperia S is a good all rounder, if we can ignore lack of replaceable battery and microSD Card Slot. Xperia T is a much better option since its powered by Krait Soc
Yes, Xperia T is an amazing set: Sony Xperia T - Full phone specifications
But sadly it never came to India officially, cause priced at say 32k(same as SIII) it could have given SIII some good competition and lower prices, but SIII still reigns supreme over 28k.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Is Optimus 4XHD so bad that i haven't seen anybody suggesting it, apart from no updates thingy i don't see any harm in it :p

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
See this
Buy LG Optimus 4X HD P880 (Black) online, LG Optimus 4X HD P880 (Black) Price, Reviews @ Indiatimes Shopping

and this
My Virtual Plaza

and this
LG Optimus 4X HD P880 (Black): Buy Online @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal.com

and this :p
LG P880 Optimus 4X HD

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ First link, thieves, stay away, second link no idea, never heard of them, third link, heard mixed reviews, tread with caution, fourth link seems ok, heard ok reviews about them.

BTW, ebay has only 4 links, and only one seems ok: LG Optimus 4X HD P880 | eBay

Rest are either too high or zero feedback, LG must had pulled it back from India, a shame really.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Check out 91mobiles
LG Optimus 4X HD Price in India, Latest Price, Specifications, Reviews - 91mobiles.com

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys what do you think of this one(HTC one X AT&T Version):

Brand New in box AT&T HTC One X Grey | eBay
You like gambling with your money?
No bill or Indian warranty. Item imported from the US.
Phone is AT&T branded.

There are three types of phones sold in ebay:
1. Imported, no warranty = Gamble
2. Imported, dealer warranty(software mainly) = A bit gamble, may go if dealer has high rating, but still not advisable
3. Indian warranty = Pay a bit more, get peace for one year.

So, if you want One X go for this: HTC One X | One year Mfg Warranty | eBay
Add a 7.5% coupon and get it for 27k around.

The One X is an excellent set, faster than Xperia SL but lacks a tad in the camera department, but if you are willing to spend an extra 2k get the One X eyes closed: HTC One X vs. Sony Xperia SL - GSMArena.com

PS: Oe X might locally go for a bit cheaper: HTC One X Price in India, Latest Price, Specifications, Reviews - 91mobiles.com

OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

In the zone
^^^ I know the warranty terms on ebay sellers. But was little tempted :D

Anyways thanks for the warnings....I like the unibody design of HTC One X, will decide it soon.
Thanks once again Tkin. :)

OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

In the zone
hmm... i dropped the idea of getting HTC ONE X after reading this article:
*www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/26/beats-me-why-htcs-amazing-sound-on-the-international-one-x-isnt-amazing-at-all-even-by-the-numbers/

It seems only Galaxy S3 /Note 2 got the Wolfson DAC and the rest all (Xperia S/SL/T/TL,HTC One S,AT&T HTC One X, SGS3 US version) uses an slightly inferior On-board Qualcomm WCD9310 DAC for audio.

Last edited:

bhokal

Broken In
How is LG Optimus 4x HD for 21k ? ...It was going for that price in homeshop18 superdeals 2 days back and I suggested one of my friend to go for it.

tkin

Back to school!!
You can coz the deal is up again now for 21k :D
HomeShop18.com Superdeals - Deals that last only minutes

I think I'll buy this very shortly :)
Kill me nao: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-583.html#post1835377 :cry: