Android Device for 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss max

Broken In
LG O:2X is a very powerful device but to unlock its full potential, you must install custom ROM(s) till LG brings out the updates. Yes, it is worth paying 25k for this phone and it will be a very good learning experience for you. On the other hand, if you want to do minimum amount of playing with ROMs etc, nothing beats N:S and it will keep geting updates for next or 1.5 yrs atleast and when the official updates stop after that, you can swtich to custom ROMs.
Absolutely true.
:+1:

tousif

Journeyman
N:S is plain android phone.. but if i want can i install custom UI like similar to sense or touchwiz into it... and do i need to root the device to install custom UI.. and does rooting the phone voids its warranty???
one more thing wat actually custom ROM(s) means???

i heard much abt CM7 ROM...wat actually it is.? and can i install it in both o2x and N:S??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
N:S is plain android phone.. but if i want can i install custom UI like similar to sense or touchwiz into it... and do i need to root the device to install custom UI.. and does rooting the phone voids its warranty???
one more thing wat actually custom ROM(s) means???

i heard much abt CM7 ROM...wat actually it is.? and can i install it in both o2x and N:S??

yes. There are lot of applications like launcher pro. For some you ned to root the phone while some need not require root.
Manufacturers say that rooting will void warranty but that is more like a casual rule.

Cutom rom is rom that is devwloped by devs unoffically. Cyanogen is a modding community that develop cyanogen mod rkms for various devices. A custom rom is not provided or sorted by manufacturer.
Cm7 is available for nexus s, need to check if it is available for optimus 2x

tousif

Journeyman
Is thre any point waiting till sept or oct coz iphone5 will be launched... So will thre be chances of other mobile prices going down coz of announcement of iphone..
And will india c a pricecut in mobiles due to launch of iphone5 though it wont b launched in india any time soon...

guru_urug

iGoogle
@tousif
u have been waiting long to get a phone :razz: I know how one feels if I wait a month more I can get a better phone for the same price. But unless there is substantial reason to believe that there is no point postponing there will always be a better phone :p u just have to go with whats best right now. If u are not into self-customization then by all means go for a htc phone, their sense interface looks good out of the box

OP
soham

soham

In the zone
Phew ..quite a lot of healthy (or rather unhealthy) discussion i must say . I have finally decided to go for the Incredible S bocz :
1. The Custom Sense UI felt awesome and even sense.com was very good..HTC seems to take android to a totally new level.
2. Lookwise it was great.
3. Camera, though not that good, wasn't my selection criteria..as I prefer digicam over cell phone cam on any day.
4. Heard HTC support is very good. They r very prompt in providing upgrades and even plan to bring Sense UI 3.0 to non dual-core devices.
5. The vanila Android interface, to me, feels to less polished, as compared to say iOS. Even the one on Samsung galaxy felt childish with so less of customise. It is a strictly personal opinion though.
I have a iPod touch 4th gen, so i am more used to fancy UI and find it difficult to settle for much less.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.