amplifier for audio technica m35

evilwit

Journeyman
hey guys finally got my audio-technica ath-m35 from dealer himself(will post the pics in show off section soon).when i connected the headphones to my samsung galaxy note 2 the volume which i got was too low even when the cellphone's volume was full.so why is it happening?do i require a headphone amplifier?if yes,then after adding the amplifier will volume and bass will increase?and if i add the amplifier to my computer will the performance increase even more?if i need an amplifer,please tell me which one should i go for?and how does a amplifier functions?i mean does it runs on battery?thanks

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
yes the impedance of that headphones is 65 ohms, cellphone cannot drive that. you need a amp for that. for exact models others will help you :p .. tell us your budget also. in the mean time connect it to your PC/Audio Player and check sound output.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
increase your budget

& go through this

our forum member dashing.sujay is having a E6 lying around pm him he is willing to sell it

red dragon

Master troll
yes the impedance of that headphones is 65 ohms, cellphone cannot drive that.

I have a Sennheiser HD25 1-II,which is 80 ohms and cellphones can drive it to ear splitting level.
On the other hand Denon D5000 is only 16 ohms and they are pretty difficult to drive from a portable source!
The equation is not that simple.
@op,for 1k,there are not really many options available,try using the cans with your laptop/desktop and buy a more efficient portable can/iem for use on the go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom