Amd or Intel

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
if ur happy with ur current proccy, good for you. but c2d is really powerful right now , and amd is trying to counter that with their upcoming chip lets see what happens then

swap_too_fast

Broken In
i have just bought Core 2 D E6550 and its simply awsome.

Dont know about AMD but intel has following new family

Core 2 duo-- 2 ( i dont know what is the 2 , 4 and 8 stands for?, it may be cores or cpus)
core 2 quad - 4 cores
core 2 extreme -8 cores.

And there is amd 5000+ who has some little bit more performance than some of the core 2 duo processors below from E4400 processor.

Who

Guess Who's Back
core 2 extreme is not equal to 8 cores , extreme means domination ( at least intel defines it by that) , so a core 2 extreme quad is more powerful & costly then a core 2 quad. also core more like cpus more cores better multitasking & if the game benefits from the more cores it will give better perfomence.

Also not to hurt anyone but if any person goes buys an AMD64 X2 i would call him stupid unless he wants to buy very cheap proc. sloution , if anyone wants to buy a proc. now he should go with core 2 quad because its future proof or he should wait for barcelona but a core 2 quad E6600 is very good choice , reviews show that C2Q E6600 can beat C2D E6850 in overclocking & in many other application, games etc.. so people go buy a quad , even though it costs more its 100% future proof.

utsav

damn busy...
where is celeron:lol:

i think buying a celeron proccy now is awful.one should go for atleast a E2140

intel will always rock as they hav large amount of money to support the research team.

Nav11aug

In the zone
smit said:
core 2 extreme is not equal to 8 cores , extreme means domination ( at least intel defines it by that) , so a core 2 extreme quad is more powerful & costly then a core 2 quad. also core more like cpus more cores better multitasking & if the game benefits from the more cores it will give better perfomence.
Core 2 Extreme has extra cache makes all other processors bite the dust. The performance is TRULY mind-boggling

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
it was even available 1 yr back?
anyways i think the 3 ghz one costs round 1k dollars, thats round 40k rupees
but dude that much power is a sheer wastage of money just buy what u need now

Who

Guess Who's Back
entrana always remember in the world of technology , the more you invest today (i.e if you bought the Core 2 Extreme Quad E6850 right now which is very costly) you will never need to upgrade it for 4 years or more but if you go for a C2D E4300 or E4400 you will have to upgrade it next year for sure if you want to play those beautiful games....with max or high details...so investing in a high end pc isn't a bad idea after all...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Dude you can assemble a very good pc for 50k.We don't know what will come next year forget next 4 years.WE have got 60nm core now 45nm core is just round the corner so maybe a 10nm core in 4year.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
yes but what im saying to say is just buy the things u need now because l8er the good stuff would be cheaper, and when ur current thing becomes old then only replace it

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^+1 that's what I am saying buy it you need it today,no need for waiting or buying highly priced products just to be future proof because you don't know what future holds for you.

Who

Guess Who's Back
entrana said:
its not always like that

Wrong its always like that, at least technology it is the case , here is an example for instance i bought an AMD X2 4400 + 3 years ago at that time buying a X2 would burn a pocket , i mean i could buy a decent single core computer at time for the price of a X2 but since i bought an X2 then i didn't have to upgrade it for the last 3 years see this the meaning of FUTURE PROOf
hardware, but if you are one of those guys (like me) who upgrades his pc every year or two then they should go for the mid range hardware like C2D E6400 period.

The_Devil_Himself said:
Dude you can assemble a very good pc for 50k.We don't know what will come next year forget next 4 years.WE have got 60nm core now 45nm core is just round the corner so maybe a 10nm core in 4year.

i can even bet that 50 k pc won't even last the year 2008, i am sure at mid 2008 many games,application etc.. will come out that your pc can't handle, i.e not being able to play on max settings, like i gave an example above if you buy an C2E quad E6850 right now i am sure you won't even need to buy the 8-core proccer which intel is currently working on , yes it is naturel that an 8 -core E6600 will be as powerful as a C2E quad E6850 but it will have enough power that you won't need upgrade to a 8 core solution so anyone out there buying an C2E quad E6850 should only upgrade there CPU when either intel or AMD would launch there 16 core solution :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I agree with you man but first of all not many people can spend that much cash and secondly its always like that,you buy the best and soon it becomes outdated.It's a wild goose chase.Look at my case I bought c2d e6300 when it just debuted in India at pretty high price and now there are plenty of options within that price range and better than that.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
^^yup dude not everynoe can afford a core 2 extreme for 40k now can they? for now they core 2 duo would suffice wont it? it would suffice for 2 years now wont it? after two years u could get a core 2 extreme now cant you? it will be cheaper than going for it right now. making pcs future proof just burns a hole in ur pocket, an unnecessary hole

Who

Guess Who's Back
entrana said:
^^yup dude not everynoe can afford a core 2 extreme for 40k now can they? for now they core 2 duo would suffice wont it? it would suffice for 2 years now wont it? after two years u could get a core 2 extreme now cant you? it will be cheaper than going for it right now. making pcs future proof just burns a hole in ur pocket, an unnecessary hole

C2D would suffice for 2 years ??? of course not a C2D E6600 won't even be suffice after 6 months from now on , right now quad has already hit the market games like suprme commander can already benfits from the 4- cores & many dual core optimized games are being benfited greatly from the 4 -cores & delvopers are now working on games that are optimized for 4 cores so buying a C2D right now is waste of money unless you like to upgrade your CPU every 6 months or so...

i know when people the price of 40 K they saY 'OH MY! how can i pay so much money for C2E !!' so they go with a cheaper solution but they have to upgrade often or they will lose behind in this wild chase (i.e again not being able to play on max or high settings) so at end of 2 years they would have spend just as much money as they would gone with the C2E then but you see many people won't see this, because they are used to pay money quartly just like the E.M.I schemes right now...

& why would anyone buy C2E after 2 years , i mean when software will optimized for 8-cores why would anyone would go with 4 cores, why would someone would buy an dying tecnology , would you buy an 8800 GTS 640 MB when 9800 GTS hit the market & they just cost 4k more , of course not you would go with 9800 GTS ..

so anyway i hope you will understand now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom