AMD VS INTEL laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramkumar.research

Right off the assembly line
hi,
Iam planning to buy a laptop.Iam confused with the perforamance of
INTEL 's core 2 duo processor(T5200) and AMD's TURION dual core 64 bit processor(TL50).
1.Can anyone help me to choose the best processor....???

2.What should i opt...INTEL or AMD....????as far as the laptops are concerned...

3.Which one is performing well....AMD or INTEL as far as the laptop's are concerned.....

4.Please help me with the motherboard also which one is best ATI radeon or NVIDIA...????please tell me which one performs well.......

5.can i compare the clock speed of AMD with that of INTEL....B'cos many of them say that AMD has a different processor architecture so AMD's clock speed shoud not be compared with INTEL....whether this is correct.....

6.whether the INTEL core 2 duo with 1.6 GHZ speed will perform the same as AMD's TURION 64 X2 with 1.6 ghz speed....????

OP
R

ramkumar.research

AMD or INTEL ???

hi,
INTEL 's core 2 duo processor(T5200) and AMD's TURION dual core 64 bit processor(TL50).

2.What should i opt...INTEL or AMD....????as far as the laptops are concerned...

3.Which one is performing well....AMD or INTEL as far as the laptop's are concerned.....

4.Please help me with the motherboard also which one is best ATI radeon or NVIDIA...????please tell me which one performs well.......

5.can i compare the clock speed of AMD with that of INTEL....B'cos many of them say that AMD has a different processor architecture so AMD's clock speed shoud not be compared with INTEL....whether this is correct.....

6.whether the INTEL core 2 duo with 1.6 GHZ speed will perform the same as AMD's TURION 64 X2 with 1.6 ghz speed....????

assasin

Banned
Re: AMD or INTEL ???

its better to buy AMD based lappy cuz they have better onboard gfx as compared to Intel.

sabret00the

Youngling

No I'm a professional portable tech and I have been troubleshooting both intel based and amd based portables from the same manufacturer...Intel's core duo systems are a class apart....personal opinion....

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
hi,

My choice AMD

go in for the Turion TL-60 if u can

Intel is percieved to be better, but still my choice AMD

If you can wait for sometime, AMD (ATi) is going to come up with some kewl chipsets for laptops or else u can go in for a Go7200/7400 or better if u have the budget

That is correct!

Core2Duo vs Turion 64 X2 .. yeah they r almost the same ... but i stil prefer AMD .. windows performs better on AMD .. so do games n some other apps which have 64 bit versions ...

Pathik

Google Bot
1. C2D > Turion > Centrino
2. Try to go for the c2d T5600
3. Well refer 1..
4. Depends on wat chipset u r getting...
5. nope u cant
6. c2d consumes less power than turion... and is more powerful..

sabret00the

Youngling

assasin said:
^^^ but onboard gfx solution of AMD lappies r better than Intel aint it??

not quite ya as far as multimedia is concerned AMD turion is a tad better than Intel coreduo procs....but the case of laptops is that everything is custom built and hence an intel centrino platform completely rules out issues like driver incompatibilty and high end lappies have supporting nvidia or ati gpu s attached....look for XPS 1710specs and u'll understand or compare AMD based Dell inspiron 1501 with Intel based Dell inspiron E1505 and u'll know the difference!!!

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz

I just bought Compaq Presario V6000 (V6112AU) and it cmae with AMD Turion 64X2 1.66Mhz, NVidia 6150, 1GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM, 120GB HDD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Writer, in-built Altec Lansing Speakers, Fax/Modem, Network Card, Witeless Lan 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth Wireless PAN 2.0, 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader (reads SD, XD, Mmc, Memory Stick, Memory Stick pro etc), Express Card/54 slot, Windows Vista

I am pretty happy with it also does a pretty good job for gaming, the wi-fi is really amazing. I paid Rs.43000/- 10 days ago.

This is my first ever AMD system as I've alwyas been a Intel fan.

I don't know if it is better than Intel or not but the Intel config (with similar config) was a good Rs.8000/- more.

sabret00the

Youngling

caleb said:
I just bought Compaq Presario V6000 (V6112AU) and it cmae with AMD Turion 64X2 1.66Mhz, NVidia 6150, 1GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM, 120GB HDD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Writer, in-built Altec Lansing Speakers, Fax/Modem, Network Card, Witeless Lan 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth Wireless PAN 2.0, 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader (reads SD, XD, Mmc, Memory Stick, Memory Stick pro etc), Express Card/54 slot, Windows Vista

I am pretty happy with it also does a pretty good job for gaming, the wi-fi is really amazing. I paid Rs.43000/- 10 days ago.

This is my first ever AMD system as I've alwyas been a Intel fan.

I don't know if it is better than Intel or not but the Intel config (with similar config) was a good Rs.8000/- more.

congrats for the new lappy...good choice...AMD is definitely the best choice for the price sensitive customer

premsharma

In the zone

assasin said:
its better to buy AMD based lappy cuz they have better onboard gfx as compared to Intel.

AMD based Lappy is far superior than Intel based, when considering the onboard graphics solution either from Nvidia & ATI. Intel GMA is totally useless infront of these.

caleb said:

I infact after a lot of deliberations have bought V3000 series [V3228AU] compaq lappy just for 32000 + taxes. Mine is not X2 but it is 2.0Ghz Mk36 and it has same graphics, only your is 1GB RAM [mine 512] and your HDD is 120 [mine 80], you have been forced upon with vista [mine came with free DOS].

It is good for games. Its equivalent in IIntel are far costilier than this and still that GMA is not up to Nvidia or ATI.

Your decision to go for AMD based is very wise.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I rcvd several PM's asking me for the contact info of the place where I bought my lappy...since I'm travelling a bit extensively these days I'm unable to reply to each msg seperately so I'm replying to all thru this post. here is the address:

CROMA
Palm Spring Centre, Mald Link Road
Malad West
Mumbai 400064
Ph No.67254411

For those who don't know, Croma is a TATA venture

They were also giving away TATA or Reliance (customers choice) Data Card (at 50% discounted rate) if you bought the any Compaq Laptops.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
pathiks said:
@caleb is this a limited time offer????
and CROMA certainly rocks... :D
Although I cannot be certain I vaguely remember that there was some sort of a special offer going on...I did not pay attention as I was leaving the country and had to buy a lappy urgently.

One more thing that I forgot to mention is that this Croma at Malad West, Mumbai is a very new outlet so they might be offering some extra discounts to attract customers.

But u r right when u say "Croma rocks"...coz they let u try out ANY electronic item displayed there before purchasing...which is rare in india.

ramadevi1

Hi,
I have purchased Compaq Presario V3000 with model no is v3133au ,AMD Turon with Nvedia graphcs card. I used it only for year after that laptop was dead and now no waranty for this. Can I change the mother board with Intel processor and Intel Graphics chipset.
Please let me know if the laptop model supports the intel boards.
Many Thanks,
Rama devi.
Chennai, India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom