AMD Unwraps ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series Graphics Cards in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

4T7

Journeyman
AMD recently announced the ATI Radeon HD 4600 series, claimed to be a mainstream graphics offerings that deliver exceptional gaming and HD multimedia performance while consuming less power than a standard light bulb.

Comprising the ATI Radeon HD 4670 and the ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics cards, the ATI Radeon HD 4600 series leverages the technology found in the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series, including support for the latest DirectX 10.1 games, HD multimedia capabilities and performance-per-watt, all delivered at affordable prices for the mainstream graphics segment.

The ATI Radeon HD 4670 and ATI Radeon HD 4650 graphics cards feature AMD’s TeraScale graphics engine, with 320 stream processing cores, and are based on AMD’s advanced second generation 55nm process.

“The success of the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 series validates that AMD’s shift away from the traditional means of producing large, hot, monolithic graphics chip continues to be a successful strategy AMD continues to execute against its timelines and deliver leading graphics performance at every price point,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Products Group, AMD.

Both the ATI Radeon HD 4670 and ATI Radeon HD 4650 deliver substantial gaming horsepower with minimal power draw – the ATI Radeon HD 4670 operating at under 60 watts and the ATI Radeon HD 4650 operating under 50 watts under full load – eliminating the need for additional power connectors and making installation a cinch.

The ATI Radeon HD 4670 is immediately available with a frame buffer of 512MB GDDR3 memory with an MSRP of Rs 5,000 with a 1GB DDR3-based variant is scheduled to ship later this month. The ATI Radeon HD 4650 features a frame buffer of 512MB GDDR2 memory and is expected to be available later in the month at an MSRP of Rs 4,250.

Source

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
This is great. Finally these cards are here. And that's an awesome price.
AMD are hitting back.
Now we can expect further price cuts by Nvidia on the 9600GT.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Is the 4670 more POWERFUL than 9600GT; the 8800GT too? I'm kinda lost here with so many benchies from so many sources and so many cards overflowing in the market.. :confused:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
9600GT is more powerful but price of 4670 is better. Well am much more interested in 4850 considering that it won't last much.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
So.. should I keep my 8800GT or move on to 4870 series.. I've a Cooler Master 460w power supply though.. so it is clearly an issue...

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
from gaming point of view.

yeah 128bit memory interface will be a bottleneck and then i did change my mind in next post. Let the prices come down for 4850.

can u just tell me , when i assasin creed on my hd 4850 , i get windows error while between playing , its buggy game ???

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah its buggy, then comes driver update and even before that comes a poorly cracked exe (if its a pirated game)

IronManForever

MetalheadGautham said:
This is supposed to be just below HD3870 in performance, so 1GB won't make a difference over 512MB that much IMO.
So this is 15-20% better than HD3850? Thats good Indian pricing despite the fact that USD has got relatively stronger... :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, performance wid price wise:

1. HD 4850 @ 10.5k now
2. HD 4830 @ 7.5-8.5k to be released
3. 9800GT a.k.a 8800GT rebranded @ 7.5k
4. HD 3870 @ 7k
5. 9600GT @ 6-6.5k
6. HD 3850 @ 5.5k
7. HD 4670 @ 5k

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Bu hu hu hu....I bought a Radeon HD 3650 for Rs 5k in March & in just 7 months Radeon HD 4670 is available for 5K :(

One thing you guys are forgetting, nVidia has an ace upon there sleeves, CUDA while ATI still doesn't have a Standard API for GPGPU. nVidia can do wonders if GPGPU & CUDA is properly leveraged. This will add more VFM to current GeForce cards.

IronManForever

^^ I still see scarce usage of CUDA in general gaming scenario unless you are playing with Intel Atom. :lol: ... The edge that ATi is providing for gaming more than compensates for CUDA; unless of course, your work asks for it..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
This is where you are wrong. CUDA is not just for game physics calculation or for Games only. CUDA can also be used to increase the encoding speed during DVD ripping etc

IronManForever

^^
gxsaurav said:
This is where you are wrong. CUDA is not just for game physics calculation or for Games only. CUDA can also be used to increase the encoding speed during DVD ripping etc

IronManForever said:
unless of course, your work asks for it..
Ergo, I do not need it and I dont know why YOU need it so much.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I have a GPU in my computer, it works while playing games & 80% of it's power is wasted when I am just working in Windows or Photoshop etc. So, I want it to accelerate my day to day work & not just sit idle eating electrisity. I want it to accelerate applying filters in Photoshop, make the 2D UI fast in Illustrator, help compiling code I write in WPF./...so yeah, I do want GPGPU.

Thing is, that GPU is your computer is there & eating electrisity so why not use it for something,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom