AMD Ryzen Build

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Try this solution mentioned at the end posts

Cant enable freesync

after enabling it , go to resolution settings and there should be an option of selecting 75hz

75Hz over 1080p - Displays - Tom's Hardware

Last edited:
Reactions: Oli
OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
That cable from amazon is v2.0 so it should work.
Try this solution mentioned at the end posts

Cant enable freesync

after enabling it , go to resolution settings and there should be an option of selecting 75hz

75Hz over 1080p - Displays - Tom's Hardware

Thanks guys. Looks like i need to use my other HDMI cable (2.0) and then the freesync option should appear. I’ll try that tonight.

Complete build pic - 84BFC5F5-8653-47BB-B935-B39C3AE176D5 — Postimage.org

Need to do something about the messy cables.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Guys I am using the same monitor with an nvidia gpu. What exactly is fastsync in layman terms and how will it improve the visual experience?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Hey guys,

It worked! After switching to HDMI 2.0 cable i could see the "freesync" option. Then i enabled it and restarted my PC, went to nvidia settings and selected 75hz.

Thanks a lot everyone for helping me build this machine. Already tested 2 games (WWE 2k18 and Elder scrolls online) and they work so smoothly.

Thanks again!

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys I am using the same monitor with an nvidia gpu. What exactly is fastsync in layman terms and how will it improve the visual experience?

Fastsync/Enhanced Sync is different , it is supposed to help only if your game frame rates are higher than monitor's refresh rate .. it eliminates screen tearing with less input lag .. and can work on any monitor , this is done by GPU .. this is tearing -

the above procedure mentioned is different , most standard monitors are 60hz monitors , by doing the above procedure you are increasing/unlocking the refresh rate of monitor itself to fixed 75 hz.. it will improve the smoothness and responsiveness of the game compared to 60hz monitor.. and can be done on select monitors only

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hey guys,

It worked! After switching to HDMI 2.0 cable i could see the "freesync" option. Then i enabled it and restarted my PC, went to nvidia settings and selected 75hz.

Thanks a lot everyone for helping me build this machine. Already tested 2 games (WWE 2k18 and Elder scrolls online) and they work so smoothly.

Thanks again!
Thanks for explaining. So, do I need that cable only for my LG monitor or is there any other requirement?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Hey guys,

So its almost a month since Ive been gaming hard on this machine here are few games that i played on high quality 1080. GTA 5, PUBG, Rocket League, League of legends, WWE 2k18, Path of exile..been using the MSI afterburner to keep a track of CPU/GPU temps..CPU temp doesn’t go over 40 degree and GPU hits 60 degree then its fan start running and cools it down to 50 (same repeats). I honestly thought the CPU would be hitting 70 degree’ish but its surprisingly running very cool, even after 8-9 hours of straight gaming it stays within 40 degree.
My laptop use to hit 70 degree within an hour (vents are clean, Fan is new).

Anyone else with Ryzen getting such results (low temps)? Or maybe its just good air flow in cabinet + winter weather?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is most likely winter weather not to mention playing games is not exactly pushing processor to its limit.For that you need to do some serious video encoding or run some heavy virtualization software.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are supposed to see freesync enable option in monitor's menu & after that you need to enable fastsync(freesync is for amd cards only,fastsync is kind of cheap copy of freesync for nvidia cards with freesync monitors) in nvidia panel after reboot.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You are supposed to see freesync enable option in monitor's menu & after that you need to enable fastsync(freesync is for amd cards only,fastsync is kind of cheap copy of freesync for nvidia cards with freesync monitors) in nvidia panel after reboot.
Nope not getting anything brother. Maybe cable is crap or is there need of a particular processor, GPU etc.?

Top Bottom