Dumbledore

Journeyman
I have a system with the following config

AMD Phenom X4 9950 BE
ASUS M3A-H/HDMI Motherboard
2GB RAM
Leadtek PX6600GT Grafix
Windows XP SP2 and Windows 7 on separate physical hard disks

My problem is that my processor gets detected as a quad core proccy in the BIOS but as a single core in the OS, both by the task manager and by CPU-Z. In the BIOS (American Megatrends btw), the CPU info says that the physical count is 1 and logical count is 4.

I had this same config working a month ago, shown as 4 cores in both task manager and CPU-Z. I've installed the given CPU driver too.

The most puzzling aspect is that in the device manager, under processors, I get 4 AMD 9950 processors, which I understand is for the 4 cores each. Every single device under that says its working fine.

I've installed the CPU drivers given with the motherboard, and I still don't get a positive result. Do I have to replace the CPU? Please help!!!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Is ur performance and everything fine? If yes, ignore the glitch. If no, report if under warranty.

OP
D

Dumbledore

Journeyman
I've got some additional information to help you guys - Windows 7 Beta too shows it as a single core though it too showed 4 cores previously. Anyway, the system acknowledges the presence of 4 cores through the BIOS, doesn't it? So, do I need to install drivers of any kind to get it working?

Burnout Paradise used to work on my computer before. But now, it freezes in the part after it asks for the online login details. This problem occurs only in Windows XP, but not in Windows 7. Can it be a result of the processor problem I have?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
all new AMD CPUs need BIOS update...the new CPU line up from AII 250 to PII 955BE need BIOS update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom