amd phenom II x4 series vs intel core 2 quad series

Status
Not open for further replies.

anagh.k1

Broken In
is a amd phenom II x4 processor better than than a intel core 2 quad processor(for multitasking & gaming)&in wat ways?
is the amd processor better compatible with other components than a intel core 2 quad so that one dosen't need to upgrade the processor regularly?
& is the amd processor future proofed(meaning will it be compatible with future components)?
and also suggest a ddr3 gigabyte motherboard compatible with amd phenom II x4 950,965,925,810

giprabu

In the zone
is a amd phenom II x4 processor better than than a intel core 2 quad processor(for multitasking & gaming)&in wat ways?
is the amd processor better compatible with other components than a intel core 2 quad so that one dosen't need to upgrade the processor regularly?
& is the amd processor future proofed(meaning will it be compatible with future components)?
and also suggest a ddr3 gigabyte motherboard compatible with amd phenom II x4 950,965,925,810

i guess intel's processors are slightly better than amd.. Intel processors have high potentiality which amd lags.
However high clocked amd processors (quad core) can easily outbeat intels quad core series..

when comes to future proof..,, amd is the way to go..
but i'm not sure about the 810 model...

ajai5777

Youngling
Problem with intel is that they wont deliver the performance for the price paid.If you go for any processor in AMD with the same price, you will get 20-40% performance increase.Intel think that reputation will do business for them.Sponsors of tomorrow :p bhum-- bhum----- bhum-- bhum :lol:

Also dont go for C2Q because you wont get any further upgrade as the i series socket is different.This is another problem, they change the socket every time when they introduce a new series.pentium series,core2 series,core i series etc..

But in AMD,
Athlon II X2,X3,X4 Phenom II X2,X3,X4,X6 all are in AM3 socket.Most of the proccys can be supported even in an AM2+ board as its backward compatible.
So some of the future proccys from AMD will be in AM3 socket.Then they will introduce AM3+ even those processors will be backward compatible with AM3 board.

phenom II X4 965 and Intel C2Q 9550 performs exact similar
price is 9k for AMD and 12-13k for intel.

If you have budget go for

Phenom II X6 1055 @9.5k + 6-7k DDR3 8series board.

or phenom II X4 945 @ 7.5k + Biostar TA785G3 HD @4k as a cheaper solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom