AMD Athlon II x4 645 vs Intel i3 2120T

nithesh123

Broken In
Guys i am buying a system and i want to decide which one of the above processor to choose... i hear both are good so can u suggest me which is better????

if i use AMD Athlon II x4 645 then i can have ASUS M5A78L-M LE as my motherboard... but if i use Intel i3 2120T then i dono which motherboard to use so tell me... for rest of the components i am gona use 25k reg of this post mentioned below by Jaskanwar Singh....

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...1-pc-buying-guide-2011-q4-20.html#post1505224

And also i need inbuilt graphics which i know it comes with intel but dono with AMD... cause i am not buying graphics card now but will buy later in future... Help out in suggesting which is good..... :(

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
If you're not buying a discrete graphics card then its best if you go with amd. Amd has much superior onboard graphics on its motherboards compared to intel and you can run most games on it(though with immense lag on some games).
Bottomline,go for amd eyes closed.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The AMD athlon is lot better than that i3 processor. Yes you can use that Asus mobo.
You can even use the Asus M478LT-M LE if you want to save more money :wink:

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
But i got to save money too as i am having only 20k for whole PC[without graphic card] well then the processor is fixed i am buying AMD Athlon II x4 645... So now which motherboard of the two mentioned should i choose???

ASUS M478LT-M LE
ASUS M5A78L-M LE

I'm going with this rig which jaskanwar suggested earlier in the PC buying Guide

Component Make Price
Processor AMD Athlon II x4 645 4000
Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M LE 3000
RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) 1350
HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 2150
DVD Writer ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD 1150
PSU FSP Saga II 500W 2300
Case NZXT GAMMA 2000
Monitor Acer P206HQ 5150
Keyboard & Mouse Logitech MK200 700

Total 21800

Soo with this rig say which motherboard is better..... cause of tight budget...:(

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
nithesh123,you can go for zebronics bijli cabinet for 1000 and invest saved money on good motherboard such as 880GM UD2H for 4,200 again price of 500 GB harddrive is 1,650.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Will you be buying a graphic card anytime soon? If not then you can get something cheaper than Fsp Saga II 500w. A 350w Fsp Saga might suffice.
Yes you can also save by getting a Zebronics Bilji without PSU.

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
okay i will go for FPS 300w ups and zebronic bejili... now can u tell me which motherboard is best for my processor in below motherboards??

ASUS M478LT-M LE
ASUS M5A78L-M LE

And one small question if u dont mind... in my friend house he has LCD monitor which has to be viewed in particular angle otherwise cant see properly... :( so thats the main reason i am thinking of going for LED. the above monitor is LCD right??? will i have same problem with it????

This is the only questions i have plz help... thanks for everything up until now... :D :mrgreen:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
1 Get the ASUS M5A78L-M LE. as Jaskanwar already said its more future proof
2 There is probably no Led monitor in the 5k range. Even if there is it will be cr@p.
And read this Difference Between LCD and LED TVs

OP
N

nithesh123

Broken In
Okay guys Thanks..... gona buy this rig which has been mentioned above in all the posts based on the money i will get the best ones possible.... :D

Thanks for everything and moderators please close the thread.... :razz::))