AMD 7670M CCC & Driver Issue

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
AMD 7670M CCC & Driver Issue

Got a new laptop.. HP Pavillion G6 2303TX, with 7670M.

i installed Win 8 x64 and it came with Intel HD graphics Driver v 9.17.10.2932.

i downloaded AMD mobility drivers for the 7670M from HERE[*support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx]. I uninstalled the intel HD drivers and installed the AMD 13.8Beta drivers.

However, when i restarted the lappy after installation, and tried to start CCC, it gave an error "AMD CCC cannot be started. There are no settings that can be configured using CCC.". also, the hotkeys for brightness control wouldnt work too..

Please Help

Mods please dont move it to Laptop section.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Use leshcats 13.1 most stable drivers till date
Leshcat

And follow this guide to install
UnifL Manual

Best drivers till date that I have used just follow the guide carefully and read it before trying it out

For the brightness control download the quickset drivers(that's what dell calls it dunno about hp)

Hope I helped :). Pls get back to me if u want any further help

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Re: AMD 7670M CCC & Driver Issue

thanks a lot buddy..

it looks good.

i'll definitely post back in case i get stuck :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Do you have Net framework 4.0 installed in your system? Catalyst control center can't be started without it.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

yep.. i have Win 8 x64 on the lappy, so it comes pre installed with .Net framewrk 4.0.

i have Visual Studio 2010 Prof installed too..

to be sure i tried installing .Net fw 4.0 from MS site. it said that the frmwrk was already installed.

@kkn13: bro you are a life saver... it worked!!

one thing though, before installing, i went into Control Panel>Programs & Features>Add or Remove Windows Features and Enabled .NET 3.5 Support.

the configurable gfx is working now, as is CCC.

Thanks a lot again! :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

yep.. i have Win 8 x64 on the lappy, so it comes pre installed with .Net framewrk 4.0.

to be sure i tried installing .Net fw 4.0 from MS site. it said that the frmwrk was already installed.

@kkn13: bro you are a life saver... it worked!!

one thing though, before installing, i went into Control Panel>Programs & Features>Add or Remove Windows Features and Enabled .NET 3.5 Support.

the configurable gfx is working now, as is CCC.

Thanks a lot again! :)

Np buddy glad to know i helped!! :))

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
alright, another issue, but not related to GPU...

during the process of installing Win 8, i created 3 partitions.

Windows partition is C:

the next partition is D:

the next partition is F:

DAFUQ?

the DVD drive got named E: :evil:

how to correct this??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
alright, another issue, but not related to GPU...

during the process of installing Win 8, i created 3 partitions.

Windows partition is C:

the next partition is D:

the next partition is F:

DAFUQ?

the DVD drive got named E: :evil:

how to correct this??

change the drive letter of 3rd partition to some J,
now change drive letter of DVD drive to F
and now change the drive letter of 3rd partition to E.
all can be done in windows disk management.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
alright, one more issue cropped up.. i ran Fallout NV, and in the Gfx options window, in the drop down list for Select GPU, only the Intel HD 4000 shows. and it runs on the Intel iGPU.

how do i force it to run on 7670M??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
alright, one more issue cropped up.. i ran Fallout NV, and in the Gfx options window, in the drop down list for Select GPU, only the Intel HD 4000 shows. and it runs on the Intel iGPU.

does only this game show intel hd 4000? can you check some other games

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Well brother IDK but the .net issue is a bit flimsy thing. Me & one other Forum member faced similar problem
from CP try activating older versions like .3.5 or 3 & it says it needs an internet connection... bla bla.. after it's done all .net fwrk issues will be settled.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

does only this game show intel hd 4000? can you check some other games

i have only FNV atm.. cant try with other games

Well brother IDK but the .net issue is a bit flimsy thing. Me & one other Forum member faced similar problem
from CP try activating older versions like .3.5 or 3 & it says it needs an internet connection... bla bla.. after it's done all .net fwrk issues will be settled.

i have all ver of .Net activated. andd that issue is resolved. this is a new issue.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

it should auto switch to AMD GPU. play the game on high and if it runs without lag, you can be sure 7670 was turned on.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Can you post a screen shot of gpuz showing both discrete card and integrated gpu after gaming a while?

Top Bottom