Amazon Prime will be Rs 999/- per year soon

Flash

Lost in speed
Amazon India will “soon” start charging Rs 999 per year for its Amazon Prime membership in India. The company has confirmed the same and is encouraging consumers to avail the special introductory offer of Rs 499/annum right now before the fee hike.

Amazon Prime members get free one-day & two-day deliveries on over 11 million items to 100+ cities across India. There is no minimum order value for free Prime deliveries, and users can save Rs 100 on each one-day delivery, Rs 80 on each two-day delivery. Prime members also get exclusive deals during sale events as well as 30-minute early access to top deals every day.

Source: Amazon to end special introductory offer for Amazon Prime, will start charging Rs 999 for yearly membership “soon” | Digit.in

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Rs 499 subscription is pretty darn good for the stuff we are getting.

Been hooked to binge watching various series on prime since Feb 2017. Recently they added classics of cartoon network like Dextor's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls... But that's not even the best part. We can also watch them in the original Hindi dubbing. :D

I will only hope I can subscribe for atleast one more year in advance before the price hike.

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Do they have Courage The Cowardly Dog Show & also the old Disney's Aladdin in original hindi dubbing?
Not atm. But the way they are adding content, it just might be in near future.

More classics which currently are available:
Johny Bravo (I wasn't into this tbh tho)
Dennis the Menace
Inspector Gadget (it's old, but I didn't watch it)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok!Let's hope they also add Captain Vyom someday to their content library though the odds are quite against this.
Not required. A channel Wow Teenz beat them to it. All episodes on YT now. :D
Link:
Code:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_y5ZBtl_8g&index=56&list=PLwMNlhB9pzRqLAt2FVpoRVxpB7XUX2kIz

The shows I rather want to have on Prime video are:
  • Ed, Edd n Eddy
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Rugrats
  • Hey Arnold!
  • TaleSpin
  • Duck Tales
  • Jonny Quest
  • The Flintstones
  • The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest (The show so awesome, it featured Virtual Reality in 3D animation!)

Btw, full disclosure, Prime don't have all episodes of the show Dextor's Laboratory and Powerpuff girls. They both starts from what is actually the mid of Season 2. Don't know why they skipped so many episodes!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see!Ducktales & Talespin have a thread here about their hindi DVD set but it is now out of stock everywhere:
Disney Release DuckTales and TeleSpin HINDI Dubbed TV series Dvds.

P.S.Whenever I see Johny Quest the show that first comes to mind is Johny Bravo.:D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I see!Ducktales & Talespin have a thread here about their hindi DVD set but it is now out of stock everywhere:
Disney Release DuckTales and TeleSpin HINDI Dubbed TV series Dvds.

P.S.Whenever I see Johny Quest the show that first comes to mind is Johny Bravo.:D
Don't even compare the two shows. -_-

The real adventures of Johny Quest was ahead of its time! Or atleast I think so.

mitraark

Decrepit
I believe the subscription is worth 499 or even 999 just for the delivery waivers and Prime access on products. It's insane to get Prime Video subscription too at just Rs 80 per month. I'll definitely be resubscribing next year.

EDIT: When I wrote this post yesterday, I didn't realise it has already been one year since i subscribed to Prime! I opened Amazon today to see that a Prime Membership is already added to my cart and my first thought was who'd be snooping into my PC ?!

But after confirming that a year did pass since I had bought the subscription, I went ahead and renewed it without giving it a second though. Honestly folks, if you're even an occasional online shopper, the Rs. 500 spent here is worth it, at least till Amazon continues being the undisputed e-commerce market leader like it is now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom