Alternate Web Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Konqueror needs a LOT of work. KDE4 will NEVER be a success (from my point of view) unless Konqueror has been improved a LOT. They are on the track, slightly off target though.
Konqueror is an unexplored gold mine! The webkit developers are already reaping benefits from it :)

@Infra_laal_dude: Why do YOU want to run safari over wine when you can run it natively?!! :confused:
Somebody pointed out Safari, hence the comment :D

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1 Links is superb, new browsing experience :D
You bet! :))

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Konqueror needs a LOT of work. KDE4 will NEVER be a success (from my point of view) unless Konqueror has been improved a LOT. They are on the track, slightly off target though.

So a DE success depends on Browser. .One of the lamest comments ever seen.. And I say KDE 4 rulez.. So low memry usage and much better performance . KDE 4 >>>>> Gnome .. and after applications ported hopefully in 4.2 everything will be back :)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ WTF dude. It is part of that D.E. they used to boast Konqueror till 3.5 as all in one thing. File manager + browser + K3b integration, etc. It is like saying, "yeah nautilus cannot show hidden directories well and cannot connect to networks, but gnome rocks" (just an example. Not true). Similarly, one cannot just abandon something like that. Lame or not, I stand by my point.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Seriously.. KDE 4 didn't fared well acc. to my expectations.. GNOME is stable and the best environment I've ever experienced.. working in other environments feels.. well... a bit incomplete.. Konqueror rocks though... Midori is also good.. but i've been experiencing some instability and crashes since a last few days...

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ I had never been surprised before by a software. Visual Studio 2008 , Dreamweaver, photoshop made me jump off my chair, but Links, I just fell down the chair :))

vamsi360

Always confused
Internet Explorer 8 really rocks (my opinion but may vary to others ). Try it definitely once in Wine if it works. It is really the best version of IE yet. Even the beta2 version is stable for me and am using it in xp.

I use Konquerer sometimes but mainly Opera and Firefox in Ubuntu.

Details please. Is it something like what OxygenOffice is to OpenOffice ?

Flock is a Web browser based on the open source Mozilla code integrates social networking, photo uploading, bookmarks, and other features.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom