alternate option for fixing avi index?

jitu

Right off the assembly line
can anybody tell me the alternate option for fixing avi index which vlc player shows for a broken avi file....and it takes too much time for fixing it..:sad:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ mate MPC aka media player classic, doesn't fix a corrupt avi file, it just plays it

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^ mate MPC aka media player classic, doesn't fix a corrupt avi file, it just plays it

oh...ok :oops:

here use this

Download AVIFixed 2.0 b1 Free - It can rebuild the index part of the movie file - Softpedia

one more tool DivFix++
*www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-repair-broken-avi-files-that-wont-play-windows-only/

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sometimes when i encounter these errors i simply convert them to some other format using Format Factory (or similar converter). most of the time it gets fixed.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. most of the time. with format factory either you get a fully working file or the conversion will fail and there won't be any output. i do this for media files recovered from friend's formatted pendrive :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
yes. most of the time. with format factory either you get a fully working file or the conversion will fail and there won't be any output. i do this for media files recovered from friend's formatted pendrive :p

nope..three possibilities are there
A.fully working file
B.failed conversion
C.Partial working file (will be converted to a particular time line) :mrgreen:

Top Bottom