All xperia arc owners, a big doubt, plzz reply!!!!!!

mayankks0604

Right off the assembly line
hi guys,
i bought sony xperia arc day before yesterday but since i bought dat i got some doubts in my mind which are:

1. we know RAM in arc is 512mb as stated by company then why its visible in settings->applications->manage applications->running services
the RAM is around 169mb used and 122mb free which may vary depending on the use but after summing it any time, its nt more than around 300-335 mb and even by 3rd party app its showing around 335mb RAM max so wht about rest of RAM.. is it kept for the hardware and wont b shown to user or is it in my phone only?? and i m not talking about internal memory which is 320mb....

2.the light fluctuates a lot which changes the brightness, while going from light environment to dark environment or vice versa.. is it normal??

3.how to end applications, there is not any particular task manager.. do we have to go to settings everytime to stop any app??

4.how much battery back up u guys having on a normal charge??

plz all the owners of arc, kindly check all these things in ur phone also and do let me know so that if something is wrong in my phone i can go n talk to company people...... and if someone can provide the snapshot of RAM thing den it wud b very helpful and i can b tension free:)

Soumik

Padawan
not an owner or user, but will try ans respond.
1 - some ram is reserved for GPU to use. Common with all phones.
2 - It has automatic brightness controls. So, its normal that the brightness changes with surrounding lights. (ambient light sensors)
3 - there should be some native widget to put on the main screen. Else, get some task manager app from android market and put it on one of the home screens.
4 - not possible for me to tell .. but usually all androids last just 1 day with heavy usage, and 2-3 days with minimal usage (just making occasional calls amounting to around 3-4 hours).

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
the light fluctuates a lot which changes the brightness, while going from light environment to dark environment or vice versa.. is it normal??
Yes, it is normal. You have enabled automatic brightness adjustment. The ambient sensor takes care of varying the brightness.

how to end applications, there is not any particular task manager.. do we have to go to settings everytime to stop any app??
Android takes care of handling the apps. You need not terminate it everytime. When the app is launched again, it is resumed from its old state. However if you do wish to terminate apps, download and install Advanced Task Manager from Android Market. It is a very handy little tool.

how much battery back up u guys having on a normal charge??
I hardly get a day of usage on every charge. But my usage is a bit on the heavier side and I run a lot of apps.

abhidev

Human Spambot
How much is the cost...and what all accessories did u get? did u get some replaceable colorful back panels?
A detailed review would be very helpful..thanks:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You have all the answers. If you want your phone to swim in an ocean of free ram, download ES task manager from the market and force close all apps once in a while. :p
Your battery life will get better with every charge. Dont worry.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ & the tasks will start again and eat up more processing power & battery. better let them run or at least those which are not required for Arc to function. like game or music player.

else, can try Fast Reboot. not sure if this app supports high resolution but it should.

Top Bottom