All webhosting and domain related queries here.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I have used all Hostgator, Hostso and Hostdime. (Still using them)

So as like others I'd also recommend Hostgator over other two. It's most reliable provider to go for.

Now as you said
2.A cheap web hosting service [ maybe Rs 50-100 per month ]
, I named Hostso and Hostdime.

You need to check Hostdime India : Dedicated Servers, Reseller Hosting, Web Hosting, VPS Hosting

Their price is lower. Sorry, I provided you wrong site (That's US Price)

Now, to your questions...
Yes Hostso is reliable. I'm hosting my 5 domians (of my clients) from 3 years, no problem yet.

Hostso is better than Hostdime. Hostdime gets down sometimes, but I never saw Hostso got down. Their Customer Care support is also great. Always available. (But nowadays they declined a bit)

But yes, again lastly, Hostgator is always recommended over other two if you can afford.

clmlbx

Technomancer
At last I believe I will go with Hostso. It will be my First Website so it should be ok.

FYI Website I will design, build and host on hostso will have my portfolio. so lot's of Images(photoshop images ,web & print layouts and designs)

Price difference is huge in hostso & hostgator.

Where hostgator is Rs 6K+ for multiple domains , on hostso it is just Rs 1600K

finally Decided then I guess, any major difference in hostgator and hostso.

I will choose Achieve Plan from hostso.

I will run wordpress, joomla, drupal on it.. well First is it possible to run all at once. I will do that to learn those CMS and blog.

Will price change from second year.

Any major difference in Windows and Linux host, advantages or disadvantages.

And does unlimited bandwidth actually mean unlimited or there are some restrictions.

sorry if it is too many questions, but I wish to learn this all, so can actually do so. tight on budget but need website badly for portfolio.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
At last I believe I will go with Hostso. It will be my First Website so it should be ok.

FYI Website I will design, build and host on hostso will have my portfolio. so lot's of Images(photoshop images ,web & print layouts and designs)

Price difference is huge in hostso & hostgator.

finally Decided then I guess, any major difference in hostgator and hostso.

I will choose Achieve Plan from hostso.

Hmm..!! Ok..!!

I will run wordpress, joomla, drupal on it.. well First is it possible to run all at once. I will do that to learn those CMS and blog.

Yes. Ofcourse.

It's just a matter of path. For Eg.
www.yourdomain.com/wordpress
www.yourdomain.com/joomla
www.yourdomain.com/drupal
www.yourdomain.com/some_other_cms

You can also create subdomain to access then easily and map them. For Eg.
wordpress.yourdomain.com
joomla.yourdomain.com
drupal.yourdomain.com

Will price change from second year.

Hosting Price..?? No. Never. They doesn't change hosting fees. But yes, domain fees can alter anytime.

In that case you may like to shift your domains to Mitsu / Some other Domain Provider.

In my case, I have domains from Mitsu (As domains in mitsu is much lower priced, and hostso charges much higher than that for domains) and hosting from Hostso, Hostdime and Hostgator

Any major difference in Windows and Linux host, advantages or disadvantages.

Yes, everything is different. The whole platform is different.

You can't host ASP / ASP.NET + SQL Server in Linux.

Whereas Windows prices are much higher than that of Linux.

Well, but if you are hosting Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and all go with Linux hosting. Pocket friendly.

Almost every other site you see is Linux Hosting, with PHP + MySQL..

So if you are not using ASP / ASP.NET + SQL Server no need to invest in Windows hosting.

And does unlimited bandwidth actually mean unlimited or there are some restrictions.

No never..!! That's marketting gimmick..!!

sorry if it is too many questions, but I wish to learn this all, so can actually do so. tight on budget but need website badly for portfolio.

It's ok..!! I can understand. Everyone must judge and verify everything before making a decision :)

Anyway, I hope you are viewing the Indian version of hostso, the prices are really lower in that case. Just make sure you change from US to India at top.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I am not a developer so don't care for asp or asp net,

My website will just have my portfolio for now at least

us or India version prices are almost same. Rs 1617 or $33 yearly..

Achieve plan also offer Free domain so am gonna Register from them, unless you-some one suggest some thing better.

At last Decided, thanks a lot krishnandu.sarkar

Now need to wait to get my pan card, to use paypal to pay it. still waiting :(

Just Noticed.. 6K>1600K :lol: :rofl: :-D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It's ok, if you are going for achieve plan, the domain will always be free as long as you use Hosting. So no need of renewals..!! So you don't need to think about renewal price..!!

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
It's ok, if you are going for achieve plan, the domain will always be free as long as you use Hosting. So no need of renewals..!! So you don't need to think about renewal price..!!

Its a bad idea to keep domains with the hosting company, they throw tantrums when you wish to shift out...

clmlbx

Technomancer
Its a bad idea to keep domains with the hosting company, they throw tantrums when you wish to shift out...

so what to do?

If I choose linux do I need to be familiar with linux OS..

hopefully next week will buy it .. Paypal problem almost resolved, now just waiting for verification.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Guys, I have to buy a VPS hosting. There is one with the following specs:
CPU: 1 x Intel Xeon CPU Core
RAM: 256MB RAM
Burst RAM:384MB
Disk: 10GB RAID10
Bandwidth: 250GB @10Mbit port
1 x IPv4 / OpenVZ
$2.99/mo (pre-paid annually)
is 256mb ram sufficient to install and run php/mysql/apache/smtp ?

Last edited:

hari1

In the zone
Can anyone recommend a good free webhost with atleast 100mb data storage and about 5gb bandwidth with .htaccess enabled??:razz:

Last edited:

hari1

In the zone
If I embed youtube videos on my website, does it violate this rule-----
You agree not to use the service for ---upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of broadcast / streaming types.

mrintech

Technomancer
If I embed youtube videos on my website, does it violate this rule-----
You agree not to use the service for ---upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is of broadcast / streaming types.

You will face NO problems if:

1. You own the license of YouTube Videos
2. The uploader has enabled Embedding - Just give the uploader credit and everything will be fine. But don't upload videos of someone else in your account

For more, contact the Webhost directly :)

V

virendramathur

Thanks @ ICO.... it's really such a nice and very helpful information.

clmlbx

Technomancer
hey guys from where to buy "Just" Domain.. (.com).. Already have host so need just domain.. and what & where should I look for..