All webhosting and domain related queries here.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
free type like you.host.com

should be work with Tapatalk
There are many like:
zetaboards.com
proboards.com
freeforums.org

Not sure how reliable they are and their support to Tapatalk.

Better get a .NET domain and free 1GB hosting at bigrock.in for just Rs. 399/- per year.
*www.bigrock.in/free-dotnet-website

And install your own favorite forum script.

Please remember: Free hosting always has many limitations. Like forced ads, emails per hour, server speed, uptime etc. They can even delete your account anytime without giving you any backup.

techlearn

Broken In
Hi I am searching for web hosting space for a simple website containing 8-9 static html pages and a contact us form (php) which will be used to send mail. It must also provide 2-3 mail id under the same domain name as well.

Was thinking to buy starter plan from hostingraja.in is this plan sufficient or is there any better plan available already purchased domain from znet.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Guys need cheap hosting to run SMF forum.. any suggestions ??

if it will be a small community, you can try free hosting from 000webhost. I ran my smf from there for a few months. They have a cap on number of emails sent though. You might want to check that.

Daisy

New to this forum
It is essential to choose a reliable web designing and web hosting company because if you are related to any online business such as ecommerce services then one of your main concern will be to generate more traffic to your site to increase profit. So it is important to choose the web hosting company wisely as their web designing experts are experienced in working on Ecommerce Website Design and other online business projects to keep your site safe and accessible.

Last edited:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
One of my close relatives is starting a new business in the area of sale of arts and handicrafts. they want to build a website for the same.
1. After i purchase/register a domain from like bigrock or godaddy, what is the procedure to follow next.
2. Are the website builders in the above sites any good?
3. are there any other cheaper alternatives to building a website?
4. and is there any difference between domain registration and hosting?

They don't want to use the services of a web designing company, and would prefer if i do it or they themselves can do it.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Domains costs the same for everyone there is no reselling and retailing. when you have to buy like 10 domains a month keep your eyes wide open for coupon codes which will get you some hefty discount like $2-3 off or may be domains for only $1 $2 depends on the registrar company you chose. mostly good offers you will get from godaddy name[dot]com namecheap.

if you buy your personal ones and going to keep it and not selling it again then don't register with go-daddy they have tendency to hijacking good domains. hope that helps.

There is nothing wrong with any domains they all serve their own purpose. you need indian providers or any will work?
asking cause foreign companies will need you to have credit card for buying domains from them.

assuming you have credit card then you can go with namecheap they are quite good after go-daddy. i would personally suggest you to stay away from godaddy.

Oh Actually my domain on namecheap was going to expire and I was unable to pay due credit card, so I transfer my domain to godaddy.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
^ i find a friend with HDFC account credit card so they can create VCC for me and thats how i renew my domains and other online stuff.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Currently I run my blog at bugs3.com free hosting but I would like to move on to a professional name

So what should I purchase now : hosting or domain? Or both ?
If I buy domain only will it still work with the current bugs3.com setup?

If I buy hosting + domain then do I need to restablish the whole site again?

Suggestions required

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I don't have personal experience with bugs3.com, but in most cases, just purchasing the domain should be fine. You can usually then use the new domain and the old server.

If you buy hosting and domain, then you will have to migrate the site, which can be easy, or it can be PITA.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Thanks aaruni
One more question: What about whois data ? I dont want any of my personal info. to be available online! Which indian provider can offer that?

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I don't know about indian providers, but Namecheap offers free Whois protection for the first year.

techlearn

Broken In
I need to purchase a .com domain ASAP.
godaddy is offering it at Rs.120/Yr. How is there service and should I purchase it?
or is there any other better option?

techlearn

Broken In
@120 rs?? Link plz.

I have gone through there home page. No discount coupon applied. :-D
btw how is their service?

go daddy.jpg

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I have gone through there home page. No discount coupon applied. :-D
btw how is their service?

View attachment 14133

What coupon you applied?

godaddy is one of the best service in India. and you are getting it cheaper. BTW, just to let you know this price is for the first year, not per year. and you need to subscribe a hosting plan as well to run your website.

techlearn

Broken In
What coupon you applied?

godaddy is one of the best service in India. and you are getting it cheaper. BTW, just to let you know this price is for the first year, not per year. and you need to subscribe a hosting plan as well to run your website.

Thanks Arijit,
I have applied no coupon they are offering this for 1st year (new or transferred), and I will go for free some hosting as it is just a static website. So i don't think that would be of any problem, just few free hosting website names from this thread.
offer.jpg