All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

shreeux

Movie Buff
Kaala Paani - (2023-
TV Series
Season 1
Episodes - 7

My Rating:- 7.5/10

An Excellent Survival Thriller...Awaiting Season 2...

Trailer:

shreeux

Movie Buff
Pagan Peak - 2018–2023
Original title: Der Pass
TV Series
Episodes - 24
Awards - 11 wins & 15 nominations

My Rating: 8/10

An Excellent Bone-Chilling Crime Thriller...

Trailer:

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Railway Men - 2023
Original title: The Railway Men: The Untold Story of Bhopal 1984
TV Mini Series
Episodes - 4
3h 58m

Based on the true events of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy of 1984,

The people who stand as a testament to the bravery of people who fought adversity and a harsh reminder that, even in the face of disaster, some societal concerns remain unaffected.

Trailer:

shreeux

Movie Buff
All the Light We Cannot See - 2023
TV Mini-Series
Episodes - 4
3h 48m
Awards - 1 nomination

Based on Anthony Doerr’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel “All the Light We Cannot See,"

A Superb War Drama...

Trailer:

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Continental: From the World of John Wick - 2023
Original title: The Continental
TV Mini Series
Episodes - 3
4h 29m

My Rating: 6.5/10

An Effective Action-Flip Entertainer

Trailer:

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Fall of the House of Usher - 2023
TV Mini-Series
Episodes - 8
8h 13m

My Rating: 6.5/10

Mike Flanagan's series.

A very slow-burn mystery series...

Trailer:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
The Railway Men (Netflix)

My Rating 8.5/10

Very good show with excellent acting, direction, screenplay. Based on a quite sensitive topic, the Bhopal Gas tragedy but it represents an unseen angle.

All the actors played very good roles including my favourites Kay Kay Menon & R Madhavan. Babil Khan also did well considering he has a lot to prove on his shoulders. After watching a few minutes, I got to know his background.

I would definitely recommend this to watch and its a mini series so you don’t have to waste your entire day.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Aarya - Season 3 (Hotstar)

My rating 7/10

A good thrilling show presenting predictable crime scenes but with nicely done directing and acting. Show will keep you glued to the screen at most of the times. Main lead Sushmita has done justice. I will rate it as good since its season 3 and many shows/sequels have destroyed their successes garnered in the previous seasons/prequels.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of most famous/loved series have several seasons. You don't watch long running series?
Such series are typically meant to be viewed regularly (aka a episode a week) as per their original broadcast schedule & not binge watch as many have become used to in recent years. Imagine starting a popular series now with 200+ episodes of 45 min duration, unless you are willing to specifically set aside a holiday of 2-3 weeks how will you ever finish such a series unless you plan on continuing with it for at least 2-3 years by watching few episodes every week.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Such series are typically meant to be viewed regularly (aka a episode a week) as per their original broadcast schedule & not binge watch as many have become used to in recent years. Imagine starting a popular series now with 200+ episodes of 45 min duration, unless you are willing to specifically set aside a holiday of 2-3 weeks how will you ever finish such a series unless you plan on continuing with it for at least 2-3 years by watching few episodes every week.
If we just start a series with the intention of finishing it ASAP then we won't be able to enjoy it to its fullest. Many of my friends re-watched entire FRIENDS season twice/thrice (though I am not a Big Fan of it).

Enjoy the journey, not the destination

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
One of most famous/loved series have several seasons. You don't watch long running series?

I’ve watched:
1. The Wire (All Seasons)
2. Breaking Bad (All Seasons)
3. Six Feet Under (All Seasons)
4. Game of Thrones (All Seasons)
5. Sons of Anarchy (All Seasons)
6. The Walking Dead (Upto Season 7)

& many many more which I’m not able to recall. But almost all of them during my bachelorhood.
Before employment, I used to spend most of my time in Gaming.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My stupid wife is not well versed in English so I have to watch content in Hindi (either in original or dubbed).

But luckily since I’ve started watching OTT content after 2018, my first being R. Madhavan’s Breathe, India has been producing quality content in Hindi and other languages. Also, lately, like in recent year or so, I’ve discovered that if I watch any movie in Hindi (my mother tongue) then I’m able to understand the plot much better than in English. This is despite I’m well versed in English so much so that I can differentiate between North American, Australian, British, Scottish, Irish, South African accents. And I’ve watched English content since my childhood, the good ol days of WWF, Steve Austin .

But if my family leaves for summer holidays then when I’m alone, I’d again prefer to watch English content like I finished Better Call Saul last year, Vikings this year, etc.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yes. I do set aside time for series. I watch one series over several months. No more binge watch. Another thing which I changed is watch more than 1 series on alternate months if the series is long to avoid losing interest from story. But nowadays anything above 40 mins of single episode is a no go. Or I end up watching 20 mins during lunch, remaining episode during next break or during dinner time. Sigh

shreeux

Movie Buff
Have you guys seen 24 (2001 - 2010) ? How is it ? 9 Seasons
Still on my list...Lets see
As of now, give preference to mini-series or below 40 episodes
In between covering a new movie,..Otherwise that will take more pending

Last edited:
Top Bottom