All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^As TV series continues,quality falls.This is true for all TV series in Hollywood.I have yet to see an exception to this rule(not counting series that got axed & never got a proper ending).

Flash

Lost in speed
Geez, Flash S3 is bad. And the CGI is embarrassingly bad. I know, I am asking too much for a TV series, but comparing to their previous seasons, this was a let down. Almost halfway through this season and this doesn't create tension like the last two seasons. And this season is full of people keeping secrets from each other and then getting confronted about.!! Hope, they pick up the pace and end the Season on a high note!!

*cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder490/57158490.jpg

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^^As TV series continues,quality falls.This is true for all TV series in Hollywood.I have yet to see an exception to this rule(not counting series that got axed & never got a proper ending).

*Cough GoT*
S06 was probably best season so far, with highest viewership numbers. Although that can be attributed to the fact that its based on a book, so show runners have a stable base to write the script from.

sygeek

Technomancer
*Cough GoT*
S06 was probably best season so far, with highest viewership numbers. Although that can be attributed to the fact that its based on a book, so show runners have a stable base to write the script from.

Not really. It was blatantly obvious by the decline in shows quality of writing and poor dialogues that's it's no longer following the source material. Definitely not at par with previous seasons barring a few episodes (that involves holding doors).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haven't seen Justified or Seinfield but did saw Breaking Bad & like someone said above,though still good compared to other shows I found it less interesting after exit of Gus Fring.As for GoT,in my opinion anything that deviates from source material will gradually go down in quality(found same with Potter movies) so if GoT is not following source material faithfully then it can not continue same quality season after season.

To me the most important thing in any TV series is natural flow of story instead of something which was added as an afterthought once series became famous.As it is well known that fate of a TV series depends on ratings of 1st few episodes/seasons,the writers try their best to put everything in hope it at least run for that duration.However once a series gain fame,it becomes a classic case of milking the cow as long as possible.

A good example of this is Person of Interest(yet to watch final season so no spoilers).Season 2 felt like a natural extension of season 1(& a rare case where season 2 was better than season 1) but season 3 felt like a forced continuation.Season 4 felt like a continuation of season 3 but wherever they tried to connect it with season 1/previous timeline it again felt like a forced effort.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Haven't seen Justified or Seinfield but did saw Breaking Bad & like someone said above,though still good compared to other shows I found it less interesting after exit of Gus Fring.As for GoT,in my opinion anything that deviates from source material will gradually go down in quality(found same with Potter movies) so if GoT is not following source material faithfully then it can not continue same quality season after season.

To me the most important thing in any TV series is natural flow of story instead of something which was added as an afterthought once series became famous.As it is well known that fate of a TV series depends on ratings of 1st few episodes/seasons,the writers try their best to put everything in hope it at least run for that duration.However once a series gain fame,it becomes a classic case of milking the cow as long as possible.

A good example of this is Person of Interest(yet to watch final season so no spoilers).Season 2 felt like a natural extension of season 1(& a rare case where season 2 was better than season 1) but season 3 felt like a forced continuation.Season 4 felt like a continuation of season 3 but wherever they tried to connect it with season 1/previous timeline it again felt like a forced effort.

Absolutely agree

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. It was blatantly obvious by the decline in shows quality of writing and poor dialogues that's it's no longer following the source material. Definitely not at par with previous seasons barring a few episodes (that involves holding doors).

Y U DO THIS

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Iron Fist 5 episodes till now.

This sure is fast paced than 'Luke Cage' but a bit clueless till now.
He's a martial artist and the script is literally creating situations to make him fight.
He's yet to be earn his fight or purpose here.

Well, 8 more episodes left, hopefully would change my opinion by the time it ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Fist 12 episodes.

This should tell enough about this TV show that 1 episode away from the finale I could take a break to write this.

This show has failed to build the big bad crisis which our hero would fix or fight for. The tension is not tense enough, fights are not articulate enough.
A show based totally on a martial arts expert lacks good had-to-hand combat scenes. In contrast 'Daredevil' had best fight sequences.

Still, a hell lot better than 'Luke Cage'

Dare Devil>Jessica Jones>Iron Fist>Luke Cage

That is how I would rank the team defenders.

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Fist 7/10 : Conclusion

Story: The story is not clear even after 1 full season. Iron Fist is supposed to guard path of Kun-Lun but Danny (now Iron Fist) escapes and comes to NewYork. He finds his biggest enemy here. Well. this is the main story. I'm sure the comics must have had some good storyline but the TV-show sure failed to stay on a particular track. Rather trying to be smart made a hotchpotch of multiple subplots. Neither of the subplots provide enough clarity on what is going on, nor help establishing the big crisis.

Character Development: Danny/Iron Fist should have been in focus and he was but his character was not given enough solid background. I mean, this is the origin story of 'Iron Fist' and we hardly see any such background story. What is the point of making an origin story then?! His character hardly shows struggles of modern world coming from a remote monastery. He used to drive a bullock-cart but can manage an Aston Martin without any hiccups. Proficient in internet, tablets. bank account transactions all. How, how the hell it is possible?!! We are reminded in each episode that he was away for 13 years but the gap does not seem to make any impack on him.
I've read in once review that the character "Daughter of Dragon" deserves her own spin-off show. I'm in full agreement with that. Given a scenario where her spin-off and 'Iron fist' airing at same time I might opt for the spin off.
Then comes the clueless connection between all i.e. Claire Temple. She went away from Daredevil in fear of her life and increasing complexity of the situation and then willingly travels with Danny to China to capture Madame Gao!!! Are you ****ing kidding me?!

Action: This was supposed to be about a hero who is the final word on martial art but 'Finn Jones' can't fight. Seriously, take Colleen in the role of 'Iron Fist' she fights better than him. I mean, in the whole show everyone fights better than 'Iron Fist'.

Verdict: I'm a comic book fan. I know that I must not look for logic in such shows/stories but at least do some good in any department. A poor story in an 'action' based show can easily be forgiven with the help of some marvelous action. We didn't even get that. A good Kung-Fu choreographer is what I recommend to the makers of this show.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It would follow source material if source material was available. There's still no TWoW. Writing 1 sentence blast offs is easy on the internet but seeing the amount of work that goes into a show isn't. Episodes like Battle of bast4rtds is regarded one of the best depictions of battles on the screen. Some people are ranking it with the battle of Saving Pvt. Ryan.

And yet you say "lul not same as source material, so it sux". Okay, then :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everyone has their opinion.Lord of the Rings trilogy has epic battle scenes but I found the original novel much better in terms of story telling & character development.I understand it is not possible to fit a classic like LOTR in 12-15 hours, still it was a good effort.My question is, what happens when source material for GoT starts diverging from TV show.Skipping things is one thing but totally different direction is another.Many people may not like it if they are also reading source material but those who have not read any source material so far may have no issues with it.

sygeek

Technomancer
It would follow source material if source material was available. There's still no TWoW. Writing 1 sentence blast offs is easy on the internet but seeing the amount of work that goes into a show isn't. Episodes like Battle of bast4rtds is regarded one of the best depictions of battles on the screen. Some people are ranking it with the battle of Saving Pvt. Ryan.

And yet you say "lul not same as source material, so it sux". Okay, then :)
Are you dense mate? That was implied when I said no longer following source material.

Episodes like Battle of bast4rtds is regarded one of the best depictions of battles on the screen. Some people are ranking it with the battle of Saving Pvt. Ryan.
Please read the full post "Definitely not at par with previous seasons barring a few episodes". And are you really comparing game of thrones to saving private ryan? lmao

Top Bottom