All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly,Batman is a superhero but not superhuman.A superhero can be an ordinary man with exceptional fighting skills too(think green arrow). Daredevil though is a superhuman because of his "hearing ability".

sygeek

Technomancer
Definition of a superhero:
*i.imgur.com/Nf0zt3E.png

All superheroes are superhumans but not all superhumans are superheroes.
Exactly,Batman is a superhero but not superhuman.A superhero can be an ordinary man with exceptional fighting skills too(think green arrow). Daredevil though is a superhuman because of his "hearing ability".
Daredevil is a crime-fighting superhuman vigilante. It's the basic definition of a superhero.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definition of a superhero:
*i.imgur.com/Nf0zt3E.png

All superheroes are superhumans but not all superhumans are superheroes.

Daredevil is a crime-fighting superhuman vigilante. It's the basic definition of a superhero.
The keyword here is "usually".

Not all superheroes are superhumans.Not all superhumans are superheroes.

Would you consider green arrow a superhuman?If yes then what does that make daredevil,a level 2 superhuman.

So, Punisher is what then?
A human fighting expert(for comparison deadpool is a superhuman fighting expert,if you take away his regenerative ability then he is still a fighting expert just not superhuman).

sygeek

Technomancer
Would you consider green arrow a superhuman?
Yes. Superhuman doesn't have to mean supernatural. And as to why he is a superhuman (or a superhero), I would blame comic book logic. Same goes for Batman.

If yes then what does that make daredevil,a level 2 superhuman.
He has different superhuman abilities. What tier you put him in with other superheroes is a topic of another discussion.

My point is, the terms Superhero and Superhuman are not mutually exclusive.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Good movie according you, may be not according to me.

I've been watching movies even before getting accounted with you. Built my taste, built my good and bad checkpoints for movies.
I do not look for movies that you praised and then bash them.

I still refer you one of the sane ones when come to the movies but off late you are too much into CGI stuff rather drama. Your taste and yardstick of judging movies changed.
Mine did not.

I would still watch movies that you recommend if had not seen them already though. They used to be good. Made a habit of that. Can't help.

If you will go through the Ratings you will see I still rate the same, ...... what CGI movies you talking about???? the DCs and MCUs....... yes I do enjoy them .... but again if you see how I have rated them ... none will go beyond my infamous 6.8 rating ......baring few exceptions, like Infinity wars, Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier, which I gave a 7. But a 7 also quite generously. Any movie that goes beyond 7.5 will most likely be drama .... again baring few exceptions like Matrix ..... what does that say????? ....... I have seen a LOT of drama, movies lately.... but I might not share them all here, or forgot ... off late its not that I am into CGI...... ...off late I have reduced my sharing posting here ..... just coz of time constraints... Like I recently saw "wind river" and "three billboards outside ebbing" ...both ultimate movies, but for some reason I forgot it to share. Does not mean I have gone into too much CGI. Plus TV series have taken my space, and the level of quality and drama they have, surpasses Movies, easily.... lot many TV series I also do not share in the thread like ....recently the ultimate "BOSS" ..... so movies have taken a back seat ... that I agree. Anyway thanks for your honest opinion ..none the less..

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Per your theory, Batman is a Superhuman but not a Superhero?

.. ....."per your theory???" what that suppose to mean??? there is no theory here, have some sense and try to get the context of what has been said ...... ..... Calling punisher superhuman was just trying to say what whitestar_999 said, his ability to fight and inhuman like "level of tolerance" ....... A super hero is just a "tag" we generally give to a comic character that has non-human capabilities, so they are superhumans as well. .... ... if it quenches your inquisitiveness, I will put Punisher as well as a SuperHero........

A superhuman might or might not be a SuperHero, but per comic logic, all superheroes are superhumans.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Haunting of Hill House 9/10

This could be the best horror series ever. Not "could be" but I'm sure, this IS the best, the numero uno horror series.

Making a 90min horror movie is tough.
Keeping audience glued to the seat and spooking them now and then is a tough job. Then, horror is very personal. Not everyone gets terrified on same elements.

This series however puts every assumption at bay, every speculation proved wrong and previous benchmark (American Horror Story S01) shattered.

First time ever in a horror story the story started after the horrific elements are removed. It shows how everyone turned out after impacted by the incidents at the house.

I would have liked to rate it 10 but a bit more horror elements would have been good. At times felt like watching a drama.

Mike Flanagan take a bow! You proved a good horror series can be made. Yes it can!

Leave everything and go watch it.

(Horror is my fav. genre. I like getting spooked and I never watch such movies past 8PM because I get scared. No shame in admitting. But, that me watched this till late night like 2AM! Well, with lights on!)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The Haunting of Hill House 9/10

This could be the best horror series ever. Not "could be" but I'm sure, this IS the best, the numero uno horror series.

Making a 90min horror movie is tough.
Keeping audience glued to the seat and spooking them now and then is a tough job. Then, horror is very personal. Not everyone gets terrified on same elements.

This series however puts every assumption at bay, every speculation proved wrong and previous benchmark (American Horror Story S01) shattered.

First time ever in a horror story the story started after the horrific elements are removed. It shows how everyone turned out after impacted by the incidents at the house.

I would have liked to rate it 10 but a bit more horror elements would have been good. At times felt like watching a drama.

Mike Flanagan take a bow! You proved a good horror series can be made. Yes it can!

Leave everything and go watch it.

(Horror is my fav. genre. I like getting spooked and I never watch such movies past 8PM because I get scared. No shame in admitting. But, that me watched this till late night like 2AM! Well, with lights on!)
I loved the series until the last 2 episodes. I was very disappointed with the ending ASI am used to big climax ...
... at the end of the series and the last episode is nearly same as a drama serial.
I will rate it 7 for story and entertainment. Penny Dreadful S01 was better in terms of horror part among horror series

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
BodyGaurd .. Loved it ... anyhow usually Britt shows are top in their respective quality. Last one I saw The Fall was also extremely quality induced show, in fact I liked the fall more than bodyguard, not to say Bodyguard was not good, its just not as good as The Fall. Independently it is really good, with very high in technical details, believable performances, gritty investigation. The"only" small grip I have was, I felt the ending was rushed a bit ...... in comparison to the show that is slow and develops gradually..... 7.3/10 I will give this

harry10

Gadgets freak
BodyGaurd .. Loved it ... anyhow usually Britt shows are top in their respective quality. Last one I saw The Fall was also extremely quality induced show, in fact I liked the fall more than bodyguard, not to say Bodyguard was not good, its just not as good as The Fall. Independently it is really good, with very high in technical details, believable performances, gritty investigation. The"only" small grip I have was, I felt the ending was rushed a bit ...... in comparison to the show that is slow and develops gradually..... 7.3/10 I will give this
I hope you have also seen Line of Duty. I rate it above all. If not then do watch it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

harry10

Gadgets freak
Patriot
Came on my radar due to it's second season release. Don't know how I missed this gem. A very different kind of spy stuff. Saw only first season. Highly recommended. It's a slow burn so if you like guns blazing it's not your kind. But, if you like character development, great acting and screenplay this one is for you.

Also, don't miss the songs lead actor sings on his guitar. They all have great meaning regarding the story progression.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Sinner S02

The S01 was nothing but an art and this is underwhelming compared to that.
Good acting but story is a bit scattered everywhere.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bodyguard S01 (Netflix)

This, this could have been much more, but I would hate to say a hurried climax closed that possibility.

A chance encounter between two important characters brought the whole thing down. The climax and redemption of the lead is dependent on this whole chance encounter. This bugged me, and this would bug me until they release a S02 for this.

Acting was great, screenplay was awesome, thrill factor all good.

Check it out for sure.

8.5/10

I must add one more thing, this might be the only show where they show how Asians (specially Indians) are integrated to everyday life of such countries. An Indian character was not a mere caricature here. Good to see that.

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Mirzapur ... Blown out from all corners ... what did I watch ... ..... Mirzapur has gone way beyond my expectations ..... Sacred Games was good very good no doubt, but Mirzapur is terror man!!! ... I actually felt the tension all over while watching Mirzapur ..... the shock value is very high. Yes Blood and Gore is too much at times, but the tone and feel of this kind of series justify it. I thought it might be like any other crime drama and will try to copy Gangs of wasipur but this very much holds to it own, It has it own style, dialogues ... it isn't even fair to compare it with GOW in any way ........... lastly the ending!!!!........... just pure terror .....I couldn't get the images out for hours, and when that happens I can say the direction, feel and mood of the series lived up to any top quality Hollywood TV gangster series..... 8/10 for this one

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
What's wrong with Secretary Kim? - 6/10

Cute but should have ended in 12 episodes. Watch if you have nothing else to watch.

ashs1

Padawan
Started Brooklyn Nine Nine !! Slapstick comedy of the highest quality !!! Definitely recommend for fans of this genre.

Top Bottom