All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

comparing daredevil and arrow is unnecessary imo. both as are different as x-men (2000) and the dark knight (2008). daredevil is a action/crime drama with a superhero in it. arrow is superhero show staying close to source material and all the weirdness of it. boxing glove arrow anyone?
Ra's Al Ghul isn't related to Arrow, he's a batman super-villain. The league of assassins was also unnecessary addition to the show.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

comparing daredevil and arrow is unnecessary imo. both as are different as x-men (2000) and the dark knight (2008). daredevil is a action/crime drama with a superhero in it. arrow is superhero show staying close to source material and all the weirdness of it. boxing glove arrow anyone?

I beg to differ here.

Neither Arrow nor Daredevil posses any superhuman powers. Rather Daredevil has super hearing powers whereas Arrow lacks any bit such augmented powers.

BUT, both are broke, fights crime staying more close to ground and with only sheer willpower. Arrow might have the help of gadgets here but that too seldom (I can talk about TV show only at this moment as we are talking about TV shows here only)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

Anybody here who has watched the UK and US versions of Being Human?
If yes, how do they compare?

I am about to complete UK version and feeling little down in the last season. Read somewhere that the two versions differ in the tone and storyline. So need to decide if it is worth my time to watch the US version too or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have watched both & US version has a happier storyline/ending.in fact US version deviates completely from UK version after the initial start.

Inceptionist

Journeyman

I was mostly talking about the tone of the show, not just the protagonists. Daredevil is aiming for the gritty crime action feel while Arrow has lighter tone and it is staying close to comic books. Even more so in next season.

A vigilante using just some facepaint and a hood to hide his identity? That wouldn't work so well in Daredevil. Or a characters like Felicity, or the Arrow-obsessed Cupid.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

I was mostly talking about the tone of the show, not just the protagonists. Daredevil is aiming for the gritty crime action feel while Arrow has lighter tone and it is staying close to comic books. Even more so in next season.

A vigilante using just some facepaint and a hood to hide his identity? That wouldn't work so well in Daredevil. Or a characters like Felicity, or the Arrow-obsessed Cupid.
Arrow has lighter tone, the flash has even more lighter tone

ashs1

Padawan

Guys..can u suggest a good tv series app that provides notification/alert/info on the next episode that will be broadcasted ??( for e.g : the next episode of suits will be broadcasted on 22 July..I need the app to provide me a notification/alert on 22nd to remind me of the broadcast )..If the app can provide additional info like the cast/summary, that is a great +.
So far, i've come across 3 such apps that meets my requirements :
1. Next Episode : This seems to be the most basic app of the three. RAM usage & space consumption is low, but the UI seems a bit unpolished. A bit slower than the other 2 apps. & not to forget, Ads. :(
Link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nextepisode.android&hl=en

2. Series guide : I found this to be a gr8 app. UI is pleasant, space consumption is around50-60mb, ram consumption is also not very high. One of the features i loved about this app is the ability to mark a particular episode/season as watched. It then calculates the overall time i've spent watching the episodes. ( very useful for making yourself feel guilty for watching episodes while you have exams :p )
UI is definitely better than next Episode..
LINK : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battlelancer.seriesguide

3. TVShow Time : Just like series guide, this app has a gr8 UI. Space consumption is low, while the RAM usage is slightly high.( around 80 mb .this shouldn't be a problem for 2GB phones though :p). This too has the feature to marl a episode/season as watched.
LINK : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tozelabs.tvshowtime

Among these three, i am confused between seriesGuide and TVShow time. If aany of guys have used these apps before, please suggest the better one among these two.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Have been using series guide for quite some time now and its does a great job
You also have an option of adding a widget to homescreen to show all the upcoming shows and timings

ashs1

Padawan

Have been using series guide for quite some time now and its does a great job
You also have an option of adding a widget to homescreen to show all the upcoming shows and timings
I am still exploring the settings in both apps..
Just realised that Series guide activates the notification feature when you buy the paid app. ( ₹349)..though it is not a huge price to pay , it seems less vfm considering that the only advantages of a paid version is notifications..
Tvshow time has the notification feature in the free version, will explore more and report .

ashs1

Padawan

Really liked Impractical Jokers ,now watching previous seasons
One of the best improv comedy shows if not the best !!! I don't know why this show hasn't gained much popularity..season 4 resumed yesterday ..

A

amit.tiger12

Nobody watching Mr. Robot?? its pretty good

it's not good.. it's great...

- - - Updated - - -

Among these three, i am confused between seriesGuide and TVShow time. If aany of guys have used these apps before, please suggest the better one among these two.

as you are in Nagpur.. you don't need those needless app just use to-do list like "Google keep" and complete the task..

Flake

Linux User

I have added iCal feed of EpisodeCalendar.com into my Google Calendar. Simple Calendar Widget for Google Calendars does a fine job as a reminder app/widget. You may not like widget's default settings and have to reconfigure a few options.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Guys..can u suggest a good tv series app that provides notification/alert/info on the next episode that will be broadcasted ??( for e.g : the next episode of suits will be broadcasted on 22 July..I need the app to provide me a notification/alert on 22nd to remind me of the broadcast )..If the app can provide additional info like the cast/summary, that is a great +.
So far, i've come across 3 such apps that meets my requirements :
1. Next Episode : This seems to be the most basic app of the three. RAM usage & space consumption is low, but the UI seems a bit unpolished. A bit slower than the other 2 apps. & not to forget, Ads. :(
Link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nextepisode.android&hl=en

2. Series guide : I found this to be a gr8 app. UI is pleasant, space consumption is around50-60mb, ram consumption is also not very high. One of the features i loved about this app is the ability to mark a particular episode/season as watched. It then calculates the overall time i've spent watching the episodes. ( very useful for making yourself feel guilty for watching episodes while you have exams )
UI is definitely better than next Episode..
LINK : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battlelancer.seriesguide

3. TVShow Time : Just like series guide, this app has a gr8 UI. Space consumption is low, while the RAM usage is slightly high.( around 80 mb .this shouldn't be a problem for 2GB phones though ). This too has the feature to marl a episode/season as watched.
LINK : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tozelabs.tvshowtime

Been using TV show time, it fulfills my need. I manually check upcoming episodes though.
Nobody watching Mr. Robot?? its pretty good
It was good, becoming boring now.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

The first episode was great almost spot on literally then it started to lost it marker for me but lets see how the next episode goes on

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

The fifth episode of Mr Robot was really good. Very intense. The girl used Freenode's IRC channel to try to talk with the Dark Army. Sad she was banned though. Epic realism.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0

The fifth episode of Mr Robot was really good. Very intense. The girl used Freenode's IRC channel to try to talk with the Dark Army. Sad she was banned though. Epic realism.
Yes it was more of my favorite techie techie stuff almost like the first episode

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Yes it was more of my favorite techie techie stuff almost like the first episode

Yea, but how many actual hackers have the guts to actually go into the Den's nest!!
I guess this is where the borderline between 'a show' is. That's not a documentary.

Top Bottom