All Metalheads here

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, IM is coming to India again.
Feb 15th, 2009 @Bangalore. (LINK)

2-3 days ago d news came in Times of India, that they "MAY" do a show b4 or aftr the actual date @Mumbai.

Last time they came (This year, 1st, Feb) I missed d show as I was alone in d city.
This time I don't wanna miss. Any one interested to attend (if its in Mumbai only), plz contact me.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
someone over here had mentioned in flames coming.is it true?????
they r really good.

currently diggin demon hunter(christian rock) and BTBAM(between the buried and me)(grindcore metal)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Hey you are that talented guy who thinks every band is talentless.... hail dude \m/.

Anyways, I would like to attend the concert but I live far from B'Lore and have exams :(.

aditya1987

Extheist
Currently listening to Nightwish (Symphonic Power Metal).

It's so sad that Tarja Turunen left the band. She had a beautiful opera voice.

ancientrites

In the zone
the new female singer isnt that bad.in few years she will be as equivalent to tarja.Since i am black metalhead and after listening to album like "once" the band is striving towards commercial gothic **** mallcore.the previous album wishmaster and before where all nice but after wishmaster everything is going into pit.
its just my personal opinion upon these bands.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, can't recommend any new album having that much guitar.
But, currently I'm addicted to discography of "Yngwie Malmsteen". He's awesome.
In queue is Steve Vai (am I late to listen him? but, better late than never, what say)

Just try ur hand on "Yngwie Malmsteen". My first of him was "Black Star".

hey guys, suggest me some latest albums having lots and lots and lots of guitar.
That's a bit n00bish if you ask me (I mean no offence here)
Asking about a song with lots of guitar is like asking Tendulkar what is his favourite shot. :|
You'll need to be more specific.
Again, I mean no offence, I'm just trying to help you.
What genre? Have you listened to metal before? Did you like it? What kind of songs are you looking for?
Hope you got the drift...:wink:
PS. A huge thanks for whoever bumped this thread. :D

Currently I'll recommend Eluvietie
A great folk metal band (bagpipes, flutes, hurdy-gurdy et all with the distortion we all know and love :D )
Check out "Your Gaulish War", "Inis Mona" and "Primordial Breath" :twisted:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I know it's n00bish as I have started trying rock these days. I liked AC/DC, Linkin Park, Aerosmith. Somthing in lines of these.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I thing desiibond is asking for power metal... throw some at im

A few days ago, heard a new (? maybe not, new for me) power metal band from Bangalore called Dhwesha... the lyrics were in kannada... they were pretty good, reminded me of Rudra.

Throwing Elvenking and Human Fortress in, for those into power metal.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Power Metal eh ?

How about Children of Bodom (its not melo-death so please dont argue), Edguy, Pantera (their album power metal) and likes ? They are some awesome power metal works!

For guitar :-
1) Steve Vai
2) Joe Satriani (god of all :D)
3) Eric Clapton (has vocals and lyrics too)
4) Stevie Ray Vaughan (who can forget a blues and a guitar legend)
5) Yngwie Malmsteen (shreeeeeed!)
6) Eric Johnson (^_^)

Also try famous works like Metallica, Megadeth, Testament (mediocore but highly hyped band), Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (HowTF can people forget Gilmour ?), etc

Also lesser known bands like Vio-Lence, Overkill, Death, Morbid Angel, Metal Church, etc (i know the list mixed genre).

I am currently hooked to AC/DC!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@thewisecrab
Yeah, like Eluvietie too... check out Mithotyn, Tyr, Dreamtale and Skyclad. Great stuff, particularly skyclad.
Love the way these bands mixed their mythology with the music.
Wish bands back here did it... most of em go only for black/death stuff with loads of growling and screaming.

Top Bottom