All laptop related queries here!!!

dragonlord

Broken In
Do u mind telling us how u managed to bargain with the so called DELL guy ? :) Sure will be handy for many of us here..

DipDaWiz said:
For Core 2 Duo only dell have some models and they definitly cost you not less then 60K. This week I orderd a Dell XPS 1210 with Core2Duo 1.83Mhz, 1x1024MB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM, 12.1" WSXGA, 80GB 5400rpm SATA, 8x DVD RW DL, anyway graphics card is same as HP dv6114 that is 256Mb (64MB dedicated,up to 192MB shared) Geforce Go 7400TC.
It cost me Rs.67048 after discount. It comes with 1 year complete cover that means any accidental hazard is covered.

The funny thing is I burgained with the Dell guy and he sent me a quotation that deducts the TAX and Octroi and saves Rs.4300.

as gunshotsilence said Aci have Core2Duo laptops. But I am not sure about its service and availability.

But before buying, the main questions should be Requirment and Budget. try to finalise these two. It will be easy for you to narrow down your search for a laptop :)

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
actually theres been a mistake

the specs u can see of ACI matrix, are UK models.

in INDIA u will get the same specs as the s96j, for around same rpice.

u can upgrade the processor to 1.8 (cost unknown) through them and u get 1 yr UK and india warranty.

rest all specs and prices r same as that of s96j

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@dipdawiz

Dats not a gud move. Say u can save on octroi by giving addr of place whr thr is no octroi. But 4 tax, I doubt if dey wil giv u a proper bill or whthr ur warranty wil b intact...

aneeshkj

Broken In
Dual core HP laptop

plz suggest a dual core hp laptop with a wide viewing angle lcd about 15"
with 1 GB ram and 160 GB hdd..
Plz tell me comparitive prices..

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Akshay said:
@dipdawiz

Dats not a gud move. Say u can save on octroi by giving addr of place whr thr is no octroi. But 4 tax, I doubt if dey wil giv u a proper bill or whthr ur warranty wil b intact...

For your information in maharashtra octroi is applicable. and in pune its 3%. govt is thinking to make it 0%. And DELL are not giving it without taking any tax or octroi. they just deduct same amount(TAX+ Octroi) from total as a discount. :)

Simple go to www.dell.co.in make your customized laptop or PC. ask for a quotation. with in some day a sales representative will call up. dont commit on the buying or confirm the order. but tell him that you are interested and ask for any discount and if he doesnt agree tell him if he can ask abt discount to his manager etc etc. most probably you will get a discount. - all these things were told by a friend of mine who is in DELL. But there is no gaurranty that you will get a discount. I think, it fully depends on the sales representative of dell whether their daily/weekly sales margin is filled or not.

Try your luck. All the best. :)

Last edited:

dotcommakers

Journeyman
Hi really need your helps guys.. i need following configurations

Core 2 duo... [intel preferred]
2gb ram
160gb hdd *
xp pro
bluetooth/wifi **
12cell batteries
microphone/web cam **
graphic card [really wish if this can be achieved]

* this options can be accepted in lower configurations
** this is optional if not available than ok

plz tell me if this configuration can be achieved in mumbai than i can come there .. i am from rajkot.. how much it cost me

regards

ash24

Right off the assembly line
hi there can anybody suggest me a laptop my budget is around Rs 60,000
iam thing of Sony or Compaq-HP.plz also suggest me a good configuration.

dotcommakers

Journeyman
hi ash i am also searching.. and so far i think dell inspiration 6400 is the best for my need.. i am web designer so this model is the best for me with dual core 1gb ram and 80gb hdd 256 graphic card

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
you can do the performance comparision betweem 7400 and 7200 at followin pages :

See 7200's performance :
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-Go-7200.2146.0.html

See 7400's performance :
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-Go-7400.2143.0.html

dotcommakers

Journeyman
i need to your suggestions guys

i choose two models one is hp nx5325 and one is dell inspiration 6400

here is hp link
*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/sm/W...24051-1124051-12434656-12433944-77995399.html

here is dell link
*dellstoreroa03.sg.dell.com/public/cart/configurator.jsp?prd_id=40111&sr_no=1
Dell Inspiron(TM) 6400 Notebook

let me know which one should i buy.. hp has amd processor and dell has intel core 2 duo

Hi Team,
NEED : laptop within 45000 INR
FOR : working in Flash 8 and 9(when it is launched) and gaming on weekends - like Doom 3, HL2

which one of these 2 is good?
Compaq V3155AU - Rs.35000(exclusive Tax)
Compaq V6106AU - Rs.43000(exclusive Tax)

Is it ok to go for amd turion64 X2 (or) the basic amd turion64 will do?
In other words, when shud one go for dual core processors?

Also, how much time does it take to burn a cd/dvd with 8x supermulti drive dl dvd writer?

Thanks.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys,

I need to buy a laptop under a price range of say 50-55K, so tell me wich laptop shud i go for? (please note, i hv no idea abt laptops, this is my first time buying it although i hv a PC at home).

The main purpose will be official work with NO EXTREME gamin' but light gaming, bit of movies and music listening.

I saw a few days back tat laptops hv cum with a web camera at their top(above the screen)?? Please advice me... step by step.

I want it from a good brand wich also has good after sales customer support, How are Sony, IBM, HP laptops?

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

salils

Journeyman
ashu888ashu888 said:
Guys,

I need to buy a laptop under a price range of say 50-55K, so tell me wich laptop shud i go for? (please note, i hv no idea abt laptops, this is my first time buying it although i hv a PC at home).

The main purpose will be official work with NO EXTREME gamin' but light gaming, bit of movies and music listening.

I saw a few days back tat laptops hv cum with a web camera at their top(above the screen)?? Please advice me... step by step.

I want it from a good brand wich also has good after sales customer support, How are Sony, IBM, HP laptops?

Cheers n e-peace....
you can try either hp dv 6114tx or hp dv2117 tx.
In my home I have both,good performers for good prices.........
6114- 55-56K
2117-59-60K

kushal_657

Right off the assembly line
my workin wud be downloading,programming, movies & songs and a little bit of gaming(not EXTREME)..pls advice me for a PC or a Laptop?????

Sum laptops hav also cum with a web camera at their top(above the screen)?? wat about 'em???

Be it PC or Laptop ;I want it from a good brand wich also has good after sales customer support, wat about Sony(Vaio), IBM, HP laptops???

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
salils said:
you can try either hp dv 6114tx or hp dv2117 tx.
In my home I have both,good performers for good prices.........
6114- 55-56K
2117-59-60K

Thanx for the reply, can u tell me exactly wats its configuration? :)

Cheers n e-peace....

Top Bottom