All laptop related queries here!!!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks. But iirc, there are lots of thermal pads with different size and thickness needs to be applied. Please check below video link. It is a similar model from 2017.

Not sure, if a layman like me can able to do that.

So which one is good? And also please do post online buying links.
Here it is:Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste - 1.0 Gram *www.amazon.in/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_7ZHgEbGHJZX5P

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys !

Happy New Year !

I was wondering if someone can tell me what is the acceptable temperature for a gaming laptop. I am having Predator Helios 300 G3-572 (2017) model. While playing Doom (2016) with ultra settings, my Avg CPU temp is 85 + and avg. GPU temperature is 79+. Idle state temperature is 38-42. CPU is undervolted with .100 offset. The internal components were never cleaned and thermal re-paste has never applied. And while playing game fans are super fast and noisy with 5000+ RPM. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Those are good enough temps. Considering its the old Helios, those are good temps, that laptop is pretty hot. Modern gaming laptops have noisy fans, needed to keep temps in check. Use a headphone while gaming.

Do clean the dust accumulated in the fans & possibly repaste it, even Arctic MX4 2019 edition is good enough. My laptop was crossing 90C for CPU every game & hitting 95C many times as avg, cleaned the fans, temps dropped down by 10-15C, depending on the game.

Here it is:Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste - 1.0 Gram *www.amazon.in/dp/B011F7W3LU/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_7ZHgEbGHJZX5P

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
I personally repasted my m15 with Kryonaut, didn't see any difference. Either the stock paste was good or Kryonaut isn't great for laptops as some say. Some say Kryonaut isn't good for high temp (90C) situations like laptops, also some say its better to use a more viscous paste for laptops.

Can't say for sure before further testings, but for an old laptop, MX4 will do fine. 2019 edition is said to be even better than earlier. The ones SaiyanGoku mentioned are premium pastes which aren't as expensive as Kryonaut, you can get those. Noctua one & Master maker nano have good reviews.

TIMs.png

sohan_92

In the zone
Buy Online | Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound | in India
Buy Cooler Master MasterGel Maker (MGZ-NDSG-N15M-R2) at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
MASTERGEL MAKER NANO GREY COOLER MASTER
I personally repasted my m15 with Kryonaut, didn't see any difference. Either the stock paste was good or Kryonaut isn't great for laptops as some say. Some say Kryonaut isn't good for high temp (90C) situations like laptops, also some say its better to use a more viscous paste for laptops.

Can't say for sure before further testings, but for an old laptop, MX4 will do fine. 2019 edition is said to be even better than earlier. The ones SaiyanGoku mentioned are premium pastes which aren't as expensive as Kryonaut, you can get those. Noctua one & Master maker nano have good reviews.

View attachment 18723
Thanks.

Will one syringe will be enough to cover both CPU and GPU chips? And also which method do you recommend to put paste on? (X or spread)

Thanks.

Will one syringe will be enough to cover both CPU and GPU chips? And also which method do you recommend to put paste on? (X or spread)
That 1g Kryonaut should suffice for 1 CPU & GPU repaste, even if you apply a bit generously. I spread it when I repasted, but line might suffice for CPU & an X for the GPU.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I tried to cleanup the heatsink, but one of the screw overhead on GPU was partially-damaged. Any suggestions?
Check with local computer shops for spare laptop screws. You can get 5-10 for 5 Rs depending on the shop.

Edit: Please share your before and after results and what paste you got along with method of application used.

Last edited:

sohan_92

In the zone
Check with local computer shops for spare laptop screws. You can get 5-10 for 5 Rs depending on the shop.

Edit: Please share your before and after results and what paste you got along with method of application used.

I took Local Service guy's help to cleanup the laptop as one of the heatsink screw was damaged and I was unable to open. I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for Thermal paste and used spread method. Now the temperature surprisingly came down by 10 degree plus, which is pretty good.

I took Dishonored 2 as benchmark (Very High Settings)
Before dust cleanup and re-paste - Avg CPU temp 85 and Avg GPU temp 81
After Dust cleanup and re-paste - Avg CPU temp 70 and Avg GPU temp 67

I took Local Service guy's help to cleanup the laptop as one of the heatsink screw was damaged and I was unable to open. I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut for Thermal paste and used spread method. Now the temperature surprisingly came down by 10 degree plus, which is pretty good.

I took Dishonored 2 as benchmark (Very High Settings)
Before dust cleanup and re-paste - Avg CPU temp 85 and Avg GPU temp 81
After Dust cleanup and re-paste - Avg CPU temp 70 and Avg GPU temp 67
I observed 10C difference on my laptop by just dust cleaning, 95C+ with thermal throttling to 85C. It was already UV & power limited. My friend observed upto 10C difference in his Helios 300 as well with dust cleaning. These gaming laptops with high RPM fans do suck in a lot of dust.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesnt have dvd writer...is it not availible in all ssid lappies
You won't get a dvd drive in most good laptops with pre-installed ssd as dvd drive is getting obsolete nowadays. If you really need dvd drive then I guess you don't have much options so get that hp model.

andy_65_in

Padawan
folks ...please advice on another hp model...online purchase from hpstore..model 15 DB1060 AU....with the follwng specs
  • AMD Ryzen™ 3 3200U Processor with Radeon™ Vega 3 Graphics (2.6 GHz base clock, up to 3.5 GHz max boost clock, 5 MB cache, 2 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home Single Language 64
  • 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
  • 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
  • 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • AMD Radeon™ Vega 3 Graphics
  • includes a dvd writer and ssid

offer till 31st jan helps me get a 2yr waratee extension in Rs 999.00...meets my requiremet...ut hows the ryzen processor...for home use only

Top Bottom