All computers now under govt. watch

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^Careful,ISI agents might abduct you for your such "detailed knowledge" :lol:
Okay Thanks.
LIM is already in complete force and effect as seen by myself when building India's biggest ISP's data centre. They made us build them a room with individual cabins with terminals. Also a rack for LIM.

Cops already can do pretty much anything to an individual before his lawyer gets involved, so no great shakes there, but with the new laws they can legally seize equipment very easily, in case it makes it to court.

And i dunno what left leaning and the Hindu has to do with this, it's open news; and the FM himself went on to blame the UPA govt for these laws! If anything it's right wing supporters that are so blinded by what they think is "patriotism" that they ignore/condone such blatant assaults on Liberty and democracy.
This is from another forum.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read this:
Govt’s right for once. It’s been prying into our lives for years
Let us turn to the commotion over the government’s directive giving sweeping powers to 10 agencies to intercept personal communications of Indians. The fact is that this is how it has always been.

I can vouch that this is true. This is no different from what has been happening in the past and under previous governments. What is false is that this represents ‘streamlining’ (whatever that means in such a lawless environment as ours). No official and no minister can be held to account by citizens for violations of our privacy.

Right wing or left wing,aka bjp or congress,they all do it.Only difference is that congress did it secretly so not much noise in "liberal media" but bjp dared to do it openly & hence so much noise.

P.S.the author of above article is Aakar Patel,director of Amnesty India & a known bjp basher,just in case somebody accuses him of being "anti-liberal".:lol:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Truth is always sour. But one has to accept the ground reality of todays world as its a cruel world nowadays. Its not a sracastic jab at all.
All this nonsense about privacy and intrusion, if allowed shall render our society to into utter chaos if not controlled.
Take for example, Did any incident happen after 2008 for us? No right! Why it did not?

Do you want me to list all the incidents happening in Kashmir? Remember our great soldiers who martyr there so that we can live. Maybe it didn't happen for you or for anyone else but go ask the family of the one's who's fighting there. Those BC's took eyes of our soldier like few months back. Where was the government's intelligence then? I am sure they must have been watching naughty america. They can take away my privacy if they can guarantee no terrorist attacks anywhere in India not just in few big cities.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Do you want me to list all the incidents happening in Kashmir? Remember our great soldiers who martyr there so that we can live. Maybe it didn't happen for you or for anyone else but go ask the family of the one's who's fighting there. Those BC's took eyes of our soldier like few months back. Where was the government's intelligence then? I am sure they must have been watching naughty america. They can take away my privacy if they can guarantee no terrorist attacks anywhere in India not just in few big cities.
Until the elections in porkistan they were quiet and after that they wanted to kiss us, make love to us.
Because they suspect what we are capable of?

All of a sudden why show such love and affection?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
We cannot stop murders, rapes, dacoity etc from happening right.
Likewise it's an isolated incident.

Sure if we can stop any crime before it is about to happen why not then.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Until the elections in porkistan they were quiet and after that they wanted to kiss us, make love to us.
Because they suspect what we are capable of?

All of a sudden why show such love and affection?

DAFAQ reply is that brother? Fck that ****, my point is why isn't our government keeping us safe with all the data that they have as you have mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
We cannot stop murders, rapes, dacoity etc from happening right.
Likewise it's an isolated incident.

Sure if we can stop any crime before it is about to happen why not then.

Isolated? You need to read news especially about these incidents in J&K. Few happened in Punjab also. I am sorry but I spot a bhakt here.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
DAFAQ reply is that brother? Fck that randistan, my point is why isn't our government keeping us safe with all the data that they have as you have mentioned?
A single soldier got martyd right I mean KIA it's called.
Did you thought of those thousands who we lost during our 70 years?

All their sacrifices are not forgotten or lost at all. We shall and will make those responsible pay for their sins against our motherland.

With all the Intel we are gathering we are able to keep the large populace from harm let alone Kashmir.

Please don't compare a single life vs lakhs we were lost.
But life is life I agree.

When the lone gunman who survived in Mumbai shootings was handed death by hanging, all those pro- porkistan and some Ahole student organisations(kanhayya Kumar) in Delhi protested.

Should we give him clemency then to that bastard.

How many innocent civilians and best police officers died in that shootings? Tell me.

Compared to that massacre or carnage, we are safe now right.

Tell me.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Who cleanced Punjab from khalistan terrorists?
Who is primarily responsible for the so called situation in Kashmir?

The present situation is comparably better than before right?

They tried and are trying to corrupt our youth and use them against us.

In order to cleanse the corruption of minds, 1st we need security, then jobs, to prosper.

How in hell will anybody do that when we cannot give a commitment, tell me.

Then who is responsible for this situation.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK,enough off topic.
Serial PIL-filer challenges 'snoop' law in apex court - Times of India
Serial PIL advocate M L Sharma, undeterred by 50,000 cost imposed on him this month, moved the Supreme Court on Monday challenging the validity of the government's 'surveillance' notification and alleged that it violated citizens' right to privacy.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
uh please lets not get personal... attack the issue, not the person (please avoid statements with a "you")

the scary thing is not that they can intercept or whatever, that has been happening for ages, as many have pointed out
reading this update as a symptom of the govt being scared that common people may actually have access to strong encryption and channels for communicating in secret
so the change is the introduction of a punishment for not co operating with officials to help them access the data

still, have to read the whole thing properly, so just my initial reaction (news landed in the middle of mag issue closing)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Okay, went through it. Here is the source.
There is little information in it. At face value, no agencies have been given any new powers beyond what they already had. The order was passed to ensure that the due processes were followed for monitoring, decryption and interception, and that only authorised agencies do so. There is no introduction of additional punishment also. Essentially, nothing changes for the end user.
Much ado about nothing.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Why ‘I Have Nothing to Hide’ Is the Wrong Way to Think About Surveillance : technology

Desmond said this in his first post of this thread. It is a serious issue. If anyone is thinking that if they didn't do any crime then they have nothing to hide and support such rules must go through that link. I am also not saying our govt has implemented those Extreme rules now but people at higher positions are always trying for this, to protect themselves, not common citizen.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
This magazine gives info on monthly basis regarding everything:Defence & Security Intelligence & Analysis | Jane's 360
I regularly read this.
billubakra I am not any bhakt.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why ‘I Have Nothing to Hide’ Is the Wrong Way to Think About Surveillance : technology

Desmond said this in his first post of this thread. It is a serious issue. If anyone is thinking that if they didn't do any crime then they have nothing to hide and support such rules must go through that link. I am also not saying our govt has implemented those Extreme rules now but people at higher positions are always trying for this, to protect themselves, not common citizen.
This is spot on, thanks for sharing. Will forward to people that need to be educated on this.

Top Bottom