All About Wordpress - Themes, Plugins, Tips and Tweaks

Do you have a Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

*img122.imageshack.us/img122/1953/96925416be4.th.jpg*img122.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

hey guys.. i needed to implement the following in my wordpress.com free blog. i do not know what they are called or from where i can get them. thanks.
what am talking about is circled.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^These are called blockquotes as you see in mags

Every wordpress theme has one, but you may need to apply some css to get the desired one

*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Screenshot-Visio159Quotes.png

nix

:( looks like ive got to be content with the inbuilt blockquote. do you guys know of any wordpress theme with good blockquotes.. as they are very imp to my blog i feel..
thanks..

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
WP Gallarado Wordpress Theme

WP Gallarado

*img518.imageshack.us/img518/4377/460kq1.jpg

Stunning, Elegant and Great looking Lamborghini Gallardo free Wordpress theme for your automotive blog.

Download / Demo

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am unable to insert images using imageshack uploader plugin. It says something missing on line blah blah blah..

And so I tried using the inbuilt image uploader of wordpress. I have images uploaded on imageshack, so I selected upload from URL.

Now what should I input under the Source field? which is above the URl field? :confused:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Turbo Charge Your Wordpress Dashboard!

*img79.imageshack.us/img79/882/gearcf1.png

This small tip is for “people who are not aware of Turbo feature in wordpress dashboard” only.

Turbo is a feature that lets you to store your entire wordpress dashboard aka the admin panel’s CSS/PHP and other core files locally on your computer, which enables faster navigation inside your wordpress dashboard. All this is done by using Google Gears. And (un)fortunately, Google Gears is only available for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. Just keep in mind that Turbo is available only from Wordpress 2.5 or so.

Read more on my blog

mrintech

Technomancer
Wordpress Bloggers Please Help

Friends, I need help. Got some queries:

1. With reference to the screenshot below, how to put these About, Privacy and Disclaimer Pages in the Footer of the Blog?

*i36.tinypic.com/25anqjk.png

2. How to put categories in place of Pages location as shown in screenshot below:

*i38.tinypic.com/2zfqt5v.png

Please clear above two queries

- Wishes

OP
DigitalDude

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Re: Wordpress Bloggers Please Help

1) create separate pages in wordpress, one each for 'privacy policy' etc and set them as 'private' so that they don't show-up anywhere.

next there will be 'footer.php' file in your theme files. open that file and just create links as you want (in this case near the copyright text) and link them to the wordpress pages.

2) DISCLAIMER: This step needs more info and explanation :p

open 'header.php' file from your theme files. find where this code is:

PHP:
<?php wp_list_pages(' '); ?>

and replace it with

PHP:
<?php wp_list_categories(' '); ?>

the theme you have might have diff. arguments in the function (stuff inside the single quotes ' '). for more info about the code refer these pages

*codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_pages

*codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_list_categories

I guess you can get more elegant step by step instructions on the web if you search properly :D

_

appu

Knowledge Nomad
Hi plz help me.....

I recently moved into a new host and the procedure i used to transfer my blog is

I had taken a backup of wpcontent and transferred that into my new host.
After that i installed a fresh copy of wordpress from Fantastico and then replaced the new content folder from the old backup one.

Took database backup from Wp dbmanager and restored that on the new host

everything looked fine but now when i post i cant upload any thing.
nor image nor any file or cant install a plugin. The error i get it
The uploaded file could not be moved to /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2009/02.

Added this code also which i found while searching

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

but still it didnt work

What Wrong did i do while backup and whats the solution for that??

Plz Help me...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Delete everything you have done till now and start over step-by-step:p

try this Guide:
*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/11/28/hosting-shift-for-chotocheetacom/

appu

Knowledge Nomad
did it

but while db importing either i get some error and when i try after dropping everything i get a error that operation timed out......

wht to do??? help

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Operation timed out means the Server is load so its taking long time to respond, better contact your webhosting support:)

ask them to transfer files on your behalf
if you are moving from Cpanel to Cpanel, you can also use 1-click Backup & Restore feature;)

appu

Knowledge Nomad
the prob is the new host allows only one domain and the earlier had 3....he cant restored via cpanal and he could not restore it seperatly and asked me to do.

i did what chotacheeta said and got this error then i tried to upload one by one it worked al except one plugin was restored.

but while uploading files i still get this error that

Code:
The uploaded file could not be moved to /home/xxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2009/02.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
the prob is the new host allows only one domain and the earlier had 3....he cant restored via cpanal and he could not restore it seperatly and asked me to do.

i did what chotacheeta said and got this error then i tried to upload one by one it worked al except one plugin was restored.

but while uploading files i still get this error that

Code:
Did you check the file permissions? looks like your permissions are messed up

appu

Knowledge Nomad
I havent changed any thing wit the permission at all.
Its as it was after installation....
just followed what instruction chotacheetah has given and reuploaded the whole site yet i get this error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom