Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

deeprav_99

A Technology enthusiastic
Really a Bad situation for a common man again. This happens with Aam Aadmi only. They created so much hype for this that everybody just rushed for it without giving a second thought. Yes, definitely there is something fishy going in this project. Two things which is noticeable from this complete story:

1. By creating so much hype since December 2011 they have accumulated large amount of corpus from public. Surely, they would have utilized this money in share market other financial instrument to make big and quick bucks

2. It gave time for other competitive players to come up with some tablets. Now, if you see market is flooded with tablets from companies of which we did't know even there name till now.

God knows whether people will be really getting their unit or not in future.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
this tablet should be banned ...it would just increase the e-waste in the country.

Damn i cant imagine the level of pollution because of this.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^If you haven't paid(prepaying after booking), nothing to worry about.
It's your choice and wish,whether you will purchase Ubislate7+ Tablet or not....

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
this tablet should be banned ...it would just increase the e-waste in the country.

Damn i cant imagine the level of pollution because of this.

What? Until it hasn't come out of production lines how can you ban it?
It isn't available in the market. Since there's no presence on the so called Akash tablet how can someone ban it?
Just the thing is that Mr. Tuli has gulped on the hard earned money of some of our too eager buddys.
The Pre booking started in January, and even if in 5 months if they haven't been able to deliver a single piece of this S**t then I'm think Datawind is just a way to fool people and siphon off their hard earned money.:evil:

lol at the time of pre book i booked 5 :p

Good. You have your money in a Fixed Deposit with no gains at all.

kg11sgbg

^^ TO ALL FORUM FRIENDS.....
Seems,that we are lost,finished,because the f****** Datawind,does not keeps up to it's promises.
It' very doubtful,that whether we are going to receive the Ubislate7+ Tablet in our hands or not!!!!
They are only stating that the tablet will be delivered within 15th of June@#%&*(!!!

GOD KNOWS !!!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't trust anything the government says. I don't think India will by fully developed before 2200, when all corrupt ministers are dead and money has become obsolete.

As for Akash, I think private players will have come out with better alternatives by then.

kg11sgbg

You won't be able to enter:---> www.ubislate.com website.
Seems, Datawind will wind up its business operations in India,and the CEO will flee the country.Our Rs.2,999/- payment is gone(as good as theft or pickpocketing).

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

^Oh! It was a mistake on my part bubusam13.Thanks,Friend for pointing out the error.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The first Akash has not been delivered yet and Akash 2 is already on the drawing board.

Aakash 2 specifications by June-end: Sibal - Hindustan Times

techlover

In the zone
Ohh...Then why is there so much fuss about Aakash delays in delivery, etc?

See what i know is here

Well the Aakash tablet was the one which was put up to order online for 2500/-in December and was sold out in three days ...it was delivered to all though a bit late as they promised to deliver it within 7days but it was extended to some more days

After that the commercial version of Aakash - Ubislate 7 which was of 2999/- was up for the pre booked and advance payment ....there were so many orders for this that the delivery processs got problems and therefore there is fuss :p

And just now (last month) Ubislate announced an upgraded version of Ubislate 7 which is Ubislate 7+ ..prebooking of which has also started now

On 16 December 2011, DataWind opened Aakash ordering online in their official website at 2500 with one week delivery time and cash on delivery facility and its upgraded version Ubislate 7 is available for pre-order at 2999.

On 19 December 2011, DataWind reported that the first phase of Aakash tablet has been sold-out completely,just three days since it was opened for Online order. UbiSlate 7 production capacity of January, February and March has already been sold. Now, April production is open for pre-Booking.

By 3 January 2012 1.4 million orders had been received since the UbiSlate 7 was put up for sale online.

By the end of January, 2012 pre-orders for UbiSlate 7 have crossed two million.

Its still now clear whether we should call Ubislate 7 the original aakash or not :p haha :p

and i have also seen on other online websites which are selling Ubislate 7 tablet for 2999/- now ..dont know how did they got so many of them :( and whether they are really the akash tablet or not :(

kg11sgbg

need advise on how to deal with a fellow digitian

Da**W*nd <----> Fakewind <----> Falsewind<---->Cheaterwind/420wind<---->Theftwind<---->Robwind<---->Voidwind/Non-existentwind......the list continues...

Last edited:
Top Bottom