Airtel to charge for VoIP calls

Minion

Conversation Architect
No point for discussing here.If you really want to change this ****ing situation its time to act.Boycott using airtel give them what they deserve a long time ago.:punch:

- - - Updated - - -

I got am MTS Wifi dongle and stopped using mobile internet a month ago. F**k Airtel, Vodafone.

The problem is MTS doesn't work in odisha here only tata photon plus works but heard they are costly.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Alright.. Tweeted. We can't let Airtel do this.
[MENTION=12308]PikachuTrAiNeR[/MENTION]: Cool portal you made to boycott Airtel.

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Register your protest : Net Neutrality in India
Retweet & Share on Fb.
Make everyone aware. Turn this in to a Internet movement. In future Nobody should f*ck with Net Neutrality In India.

Register your protest : Net Neutrality in India
Retweet & Share on Fb.
Make everyone aware. Turn this in to a Internet movement. In future Nobody should f*ck with Net Neutrality In India.

Done :thumbs: I'll make sure to post that AIirtel's facebook page multiple times daily.

Reloaded

In the zone
I think airtel is doing the right thing by charging extra for these service. Few years from now no one will recharge their phones for calls and messages, telecom companies will definitely sink with huge losses.
Simple solution will be to provide free internet and charge for other services.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think airtel is doing the right thing by charging extra for these service. Few years from now no one will recharge their phones for calls and messages, telecom companies will definitely sink with huge losses.

People are already using overpriced data packs (1 gb 2G data for 200 rs and 28 days validity, no thanks!!! :mad: ) which doesn't costs that much to the operator. They are making huge gains overall. SMS is already overpriced like fcuk. 1.5 Rs/sms and SMS packs being invalid on holidays and special days, WTF!!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

very true
they already overprice their data services by a huge margin

- - - Updated - - -

im on postpaid 3G airtel myplan does this apply to all airtel data plans?

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Instead of charging for VoIP, airtel can do right things like increasing their speed on their broadband plans and charge more or increase the price of 3G or 2G by increasing the data limit. People like more speed and more data, so they didn't think of the money

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
Days after it announced that its prepaid customers will no longer be able to access VOIP calls with regular data packs, Airtel on Friday announced new VoIP exclusive packs at Rs 75 for 100 MB data with a validity of 28 day.

“Our Customers can enjoy a superior VoIP calling experience on Airtel’s network by choosing from a range of new VoIP specific data packs that will soon be launched,” said a release, adding that the Rs 75 package will “allow customers to make between 200 and 250 minutes of calling”. It said affordable VoIP plans will also be launched for postpaid customers. “There would be no other charges in respective of VoIP calls,” it added.

- See more at: Airtel Brings New 100Mb VoIP Prepaid Pack

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
people use VOIP coz it is free and you can use it with your normal pack but what is the point of paying an additional amount just for the purpose of doing VOIP.

Inceptionist

Journeyman

Are you freaking serious? Everything on the Internet is part of it. Steam, Multiplayer games, Streaming services, VOIP... everything. Charging extra for these things will set a bad precedent.

Ever heard the term 'net neutrality'?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Are you freaking serious? Everything on the Internet is part of it. Steam, Multiplayer games, Streaming services, VOIP... everything. Charging extra for these things will set a bad precedent.

Ever heard the term 'net neutrality'?

but you can't really do anything about it. telecom operators are for maximum profit. don't give a sh1t about net neutrality. and politicians are better of getting money from telecom ops than getting your vote, i.e the vote of internet users, too less to bother.

Top Bottom