Air Conditioner Suggestions

mcguire999

Right off the assembly line
I am looking forward to buying an AC for my home. I have never bought an AC before this so I would like some suggestions on what kind of AC to buy. I would be using it for around 6-10 hours probably just in summer months.

Here are some points that I would like to be clarified on :

1) Is there any benfit of a split AC over window AC?

2) Is going for an AC with higher energy really worth the extra premium? I compared the energy usage for a 3 star AC(assuming usage of 6 hrs/day and for 150 days a year) using this site(I want to save electricity) , according to it my Annual bill would be Rs 7254 and if it were a 5 star AC , it would save me Rs 4275 over the span of 5 years(thats long!).

3) It would be nice if you can post what kind of AC you have at your home and your approximate energy bill due to it.

Neo

Yea, split > window AC. A Split AC provides better cooling and takes less space , looks good as well.
Avd if you have the budget, get a 5 Star rated AC. Save Energy.

Hallo @mcguire999. I am Rose.
So there are many online shops who provide best and easy facilities to buying any thing. And For many homeowners, a split air conditioner is a great option for keeping their home cooled off during the hot summer days. Not only is the split air conditioner an efficient way to keep rooms cooled down, they are also a cost effective air conditioner.

I agree with you rosemarie..mcguire,You should go for Split AC as they provide better cooling...
Have you selected any brand till date??

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Windows AC always cool better and faster. Since they are not split between two units indoor and outdoor. But Split ACs are convenient because they are silent. A window AC will cool a hot room much faster than a split AC from as soon as you press start. Split ACs are easy to install as they require very less intrusion because of its design. Inverter ACs are better.

Good Brands - Daikin , Hitachi, Mitsibishi , General , Toshiba , Sharp.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Is going for an AC with higher energy really worth the extra premium? I compared the energy usage for a 3 star AC(assuming usage of 6 hrs/day and for 150 days a year) using this site(I want to save electricity) , according to it my Annual bill would be Rs 7254 and if it were a 5 star AC , it would save me Rs 4275 over the span of 5 years(thats long!).

The answer lies in "Unity". If all do it, then a power plant can be closed down without effecting anything, but if only one does it, I even can't get my full pocket money.

clickclick

Journeyman
I would suggest u to buy a window ac. Because in split ac, the charges are a lot to uninstall and install. For example, if u have a rented house or plan to buy a new one, the technician will charge for both. Here in mumbai they charge 3000 to uninstall and reinstall plus the copper wires, water outlet pipe etc is extra.

Where as in a window ac u have to get ur windows altered but that doesnt cost much, 800-1000 here in mumbai with labor and installation.

I have a split in my drawing room and had to bear all those expenses when i renovated my house cause we extended the drawing room. Where as in the bedroom there were no such expenses as i have a window ac installed.

Buy onida split ac, its the best and if u choose window the samsung or onida, do not buy LG.

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
First make up your mind on where you're planning to use it. Just for a room or the whole apartment. Now, look at the room allocations. If its in a straight line structure, split AC would be good. But for rooms interconnected by a lobby, it's always beneficial to go for a window ac. I have been using a Carrier 1.5 ton Window AC in my master bedroom (even though it's not required most of the time here!) for a good 8-10 hrs everyday and my monthly bills get jacked up by 1000-1200 bucks.

Ankit Omar

Broken In
Split ACs are silent, plus more efficient (since the heat outlet is much separated from the rest of the body). They are more aesthetic.

But they are more expensive , and may need further civil work if you want to put the inlet/outlet pipes inside the wall.

If you need multiple units, you may try the 1+1 split ACs that Hitachi and LG are offering - the per unit cost comes lower than a window AC of the same reading - civil work excluded.

Piyush

Lanaya
O'General Window AC= No worries + better cooling than most brands (except Western House and Blue star)

Top Bottom