AGP from abroad. how much tax i have to pay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
i find AGPs r cheap abroad. my sis is coming frm Italy. so if i ask her to get one AGP frm there how much import duty i have to pay? and also for an iPod too.. 8) :D

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dunno abt Italy. But I think the general rule is you wont be taxed for goods under 500$ in total. So your graphics card and your ipod if it is less than 500$ then it wont be taxed. However I would reccomend you check the same for Italy.

OP
amitava82

amitava82

MMO Addict
i heard that u have to pay some 40% tax for computer hardware. but if u bring a full system then you dont need to pay anything..!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Full system kaise laoge ....Will you pay airlines extra baggage charge :D ....One laptop you can bring from abroad..that is tax free.......

PS: At delhi int'l airport arrival they dont search for any electronic goods ......just kehdokuch nahin hai...(this is my personal exp)....

amitava82 said:
i find AGPs r cheap abroad. my sis is coming frm Italy. so if i ask her to get one AGP frm there how much import duty i have to pay? and also for an iPod too.. 8) :D

Indian customs has a INR 25,000 allowance. So anybody coming into the country can get in untaxed if he/she can prove that the TOTAL worth if electronics etc (not older than 6 months) is LESS THAN 25K.

You will need reciepts to prove it. 25K is per adult traveler. So it's 50K for a couple and so on.

Tip1: You can exclude the iPod from duty. Keep it on your person and use it. Now it's an item for personal use (no tax). Same with mobiles. Unfortunately not so with cameras and handycams.

Tip2: Get rid of the packing for your gfx card. Do not declare it. If caught say it's an used part from an old PC and it's for personal use. Not for resale. If the customs officer is insistent, underquote the price of the card. Say US$ 150. Or anything that keeps the total under 25K.

Tip3: Don't let customs officers intimidate you. Don't take sh1t from anyone.

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom