Advise onTablet with great battery life ...

drsamratroy

Broken In
1. Budget? 20k to 30k
2. Display size? 8" or more
3. Preferred choice of brand? Brands with good ASS
4. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - Android or iOS
5. Preferred connectivity options - Wifi + 3G
6. Primary use of tablet (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Ebook reading, net browsing & multimedia usage sometimes
7. Any specific tablet in consideration? iPad mini Retina 32GB Wifi+Cellular
8. Any other info that you want to share - My main priority is battery life.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget? 20k to 30k
2. Display size? 8" or more
3. Preferred choice of brand? Brands with good ASS
4. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - Android or iOS
5. Preferred connectivity options - Wifi + 3G
6. Primary use of tablet (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Ebook reading, net browsing & multimedia usage sometimes
7. Any specific tablet in consideration? iPad mini Retina 32GB Wifi+Cellular
8. Any other info that you want to share - My main priority is battery life.

get the ipad,itll give you the best tablet experience with great battery life,gestures and aesthetics
android tabs dont give that premium feel on both software and hardware front plus ipads are much faster even years later

-owner of a Nexus 7(2013 and 2012) and ipads 2,3,4,mini 1

OP
D

drsamratroy

Broken In
get the ipad,itll give you the best tablet experience with great battery life,gestures and aesthetics
android tabs dont give that premium feel on both software and hardware front plus ipads are much faster even years later

-owner of a Nexus 7(2013 and 2012) and ipads 2,3,4,mini 1
Thanks mate...u mean the iPad Air or mini?

$hadow

Geek in making
Get ipad air 2. After yesterday if you are going to buy a ipad it better be air 2 or else you are just left out of few important ios 9 features.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks mate...u mean the iPad Air or mini?

either one is good

- - - Updated - - -

Get ipad air 2. After yesterday if you are going to buy a ipad it better be air 2 or else you are just left out of few important ios 9 features.

nah ios 9 features arent very significant imho
plus price difference is very vast
you can even buy a base ipad 2(now discontinued) and get a great experience
cheaper the better imho(not considering storage of course),you wont miss out on much

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
either one is good

- - - Updated - - -

nah ios 9 features arent very significant imho
plus price difference is very vast
you can even buy a base ipad 2(now discontinued) and get a great experience
cheaper the better imho(not considering storage of course),you wont miss out on much
Actually IPad 2 is slower,has a inferior screen and plus will be most likely discontinued in next iOS release
So its better to get the air/air 2 or iPad 4 cause once you get used to that screen res you'll never wanna go back to low res

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Actually IPad 2 is slower,has a inferior screen and plus will be most likely discontinued in next iOS release
So its better to get the air/air 2 or iPad 4 cause once you get used to that screen res you'll never wanna go back to low res

I wasnt implying that op should buy an ipad 2 :p :D
I was just saying,ipads last very long and you wont feel left out even with an older one
my logic being-
so if op buys an ipad air 1,he wont miss out on anything significant over the ipad air 2

also Off topic but iPad 2 will be receiving ios 9
despite its older hardware and "inferior" display,it still beats majority of tabs out there imho except the newer retina ipads ofcourse

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
I know that iPad 2 will get iOS 9 but it may be discontinued soon cause of its aged hardware
Also I do known that iPad last long cause of the software support ( I have a iPad 3 at my home)
I am just saying that the least you should get is the iPad 4 if not the air cause of the retina display ;)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
ipad 2 is horrible, don't buy. extremely outdated.
check out the ipad min 2 or ipad min 3 if that's coming out.
ipad air 2 is really good also.

also check out htc nexus 9 tablet, this one is really good! but only 16gb in your budget..

- - - Updated - - -

this thing is awesome if 16gb is fine for you.
*www.amazon.in/Google-Nexus-WiFi-Indigo-Black/dp/B00M6UC5B4?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=f9e627e6-86ea-4dcb-a909-2281b753df50&kpid=B00M6UC5B4

$hadow

Geek in making
If a person can buy why not buy what is best as per it's budget. And I would still insist on getting Air 2.

OP
D

drsamratroy

Broken In
Guys sorry to reply so late & thanks for the suggestions...actualy got some expense hiccups so would be spending around 10k to 15k...& i hv pinned it down to MiPad...guys how is it in terms of battery life? the size is perfect for ebook reading...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ipad 2 is horrible, don't buy. extremely outdated.
check out the ipad min 2 or ipad min 3 if that's coming out.
ipad air 2 is really good also.

also check out htc nexus 9 tablet, this one is really good! but only 16gb in your budget..

- - - Updated - - -

this thing is awesome if 16gb is fine for you.
Buy Google Nexus 9 Tablet (WiFi, 16GB), Indigo Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

dude I suggest you read before posting,I never implied op should get an ipad 2........
read my posts again

also thats bull,ipad 2 isnt horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Guys sorry to reply so late & thanks for the suggestions...actualy got some expense hiccups so would be spending around 10k to 15k...& i hv pinned it down to MiPad...guys how is it in terms of battery life? the size is perfect for ebook reading...

I dont think its a good idea,ipad mini is a better buy for the same price
dont be fooled by specs,ios performs much better than android
Mipad has Tegra which means overheating issues,MiUi is bloated and laggy,no dev support,no CM and android tabs arent upto the mark because most apps have issues running on tabs or simply dont show up
ipad has a much better user experience

OP
D

drsamratroy

Broken In
Guys hv finally decided to buy IPad Mini Wifi only 32 GB...can u guys suggest a good Screenguard and Cover for it which u may be using??

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Guys hv finally decided to buy IPad Mini Wifi only 32 GB...can u guys suggest a good Screenguard and Cover for it which u may be using??

I highly suggest a tempered glass screen protector
and for cover,something like this-
DMG Flip Cover for Apple iPad Mini - DMG : Flipkart.com

I have something similar but I cant recall the brand and my ipad minis are actually used at my office and shops so will have to check the brand later

Top Bottom