Advise a Web Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman050

Journeyman
Hi guys, I need some help on choosing a web host. I want to run PHP Fusion on my site. I need atleast 2-4 GB web space as ill be putting about 1000 files about 100 kb each for download and some bigger files as well. So I would also need sufficient bandwidth, as you can imagine, people would be downloading these files. Can anyone suggest a GOOD and CHEAP webhost (I know find both together is tough).

Thanks

OP
H

hitman050

Journeyman
Thanks mate. My eye caught the economy plan here. Can anyone give any feedback?

*www.godaddy.com/gdshop/hosting/shared.asp?ci=260#tabs

Also, should I go for a Linux plan or Windows plan?

shashank4u

Youngling
register domain..from any gud company..
i ve today registered my domain with ..aalphanet.com..
also they provide .org domain name in 199 rs..
and .com domain in 369 rs..
if u find this useful do rep me ..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
daemon said:
Go for godaddy.com or dreamhost.com they are best i think
!!!

Absolutely Incorrect. Both are biggest oversellers on planet :D Try visiting few webhosting forums and decide after reading some reviews :)

shashank4u

Youngling
ya ..
there are some indian companies who are proividing cheap and reliable hosting..
host4cheap is yr site..

OP
H

hitman050

Journeyman
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Absolutely Incorrect. Both are biggest oversellers on planet :D Try visiting few webhosting forums and decide after reading some reviews :)
Now that shocked me a bit. Im not sure which webhosting forums to visit. Thats why I asked here. Can you help?

Edit- Alirght I checked here

*www.host4cheap.org/overview.html

Beginner plan sounds good, I think the bandwidth would be enough? Now do I choose CPanel or Direct Admin.

Also, do I have to buy a CPanel account seperately here?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Beginner plan sounds good, I think the bandwidth would be enough? Now do I choose CPanel or Direct Admin.

Both are very good.... to me i find DA better than cPanel.... but i suggest u go for cPanel as Help will be all around because of large number of users... but personally I like DirectAdmin Better than cPanel...

:)

lso, do I have to buy a CPanel account seperately here?

Nope... its included in the package...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Well, i am not Advertising my site here. I just want you guys to be aware....as all is not what it seems. :(

I got into Webhosting Business....because i was ripped of by some Webhosting Gaint. I payed like 150$ for yearly and my hosting was suspended like in 10 days because i could not use those *resources*

Honestly, DREAMHOST or any other overseller cannot give 100GB and 1000GB for like 7-8$. This is something .....NOT GOING to happen. When you use like 5% of the resources..BOOOOOOM! ACCOUNT Suspended. REASON : FAIR CPU USAGE POLICY.

Here are some of my tips :
1. Always....read the Terms before signing up with any host.
2. Dont pay yearly to any host
3. Setup FEES : on shared plans.....100% crap. No such thing. They just keep the setup fees high on Monthly plans so that you pay for full year and they can make some easy money.
4. Just checkout offers at webhostingforums like ...... webhostingtalk.com and freewebspace.net/forums. Also check the reviews.

As for Control Panel....Although i like DirectAdmin myself.....i will suggest cPanel for Beginners and DirectAdmin later :)

Yeah, my website is in contruction. Shall be done in this week or next week, well finger crossed :D

OP
H

hitman050

Journeyman
I think I will go for this with CPanel

A few questions

Is this on a Linux server or a Windows server? Also are you using Apache as PHP Fusion can only run on Apache?

Also, if I want to use it for 4 months, can I directly pay 20$ at a go? Also once I buy a domain from say here

*aalphanet.com/

How do I transfer it?

Thanks, this forum is great!

PS Reps to Sukhdeep, Saurav and Shashank :) Sukhdeep can I still buy the package today or tomorrow?

Last edited:

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
This could be ur best choice.... *www.110mb.com (Referer URL)

The features that this hosting site offers is : (Just copied from that site :D)

- 2 GB (2000 MB) Web Space
- 100 GB (100,000 MB) Monthly Transfer
- Apache Server 2.0
- FTP Access (CHMOD Allowed)
- MySQL Database (v5.0)
- GD Lib Fully Functional
- PHP v5.1.4
- Mod_Rewrite Enabled
- Shockwave & Flash
- Run Zend Encoded Scripts (Zend Optimizer)
- XML Support
- CURL Enabled
- SSI Support **
- Web Based File manager/FTP
- ImageMagick Support
- PHPMyAdmin
- Zlib Enabled
- Run IonCube encoded PHP scripts
- Total CGI and Perl Scripts Support (.cgi, .pl) * **
- ASP Pages support (.asp) **
- Python support (TorrentFlux is not allowed!) **
- IceCast support **
- FrontPage Extensions **
- Curl **
- DOM XML support **
- Sendmail *
- Safe Mode OFF *

* means that those features are only available for members the provide proof of ID.
** means these are not yet activated as 110MB recently switched (on 10 Nov 06) to a new system. Currently we're doing system optimization for speed. After that, each of these features will be added

I am currently using this host.. and although it doesnot support cPanel for free users, a nominal fee upgrade panel does.. with 100 GB of storage.. Worth visiting this site guyz...

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
ofcourse it is free... and u have upgrade plan whenever u want it which offer 100 GB space.. since these guyz are new.. many ppl are not aware... see my site without a single ad.. *sridatta.110mb.com

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
hitman050 said:
I think I will go for this with CPanel

A few questions

Is this on a Linux server or a Windows server? Also are you using Apache as PHP Fusion can only run on Apache?

Also, if I want to use it for 4 months, can I directly pay 20$ at a go? Also once I buy a domain from say here

*aalphanet.com/

How do I transfer it?

Thanks, this forum is great!

PS Reps to Sukhdeep, Saurav and Shashank :) Sukhdeep can I still buy the package today or tomorrow?
First of all thanks for vote of confidence :) I will answer point wise

1. Since its cPanel....it is Linux server as cPanel is only for Linux Server at the moment. Same goes for DirectAdmin

2. Yes it is Apache, Apache/1.3.37 to be exact.

3. Yes, you can prepay for 4 months. No probs. As a matter of fact, i will throw one month free for you ;)

4. You can register Domain from *aalphanet.com/ no probs. I am not sure if they offer Full Domain Control with it so you can point it to my server.

What i suggest is that....you get Domain from me aswell. It is cheaper aswell :D 7.95$ for 1st year while they are have price of (8.4$) approx. You will be having Full Control with Domain + FREE WHOIS Privacy (another 4$ benefit) :)

If i have missed something....let me know and i will be glad to help :)

Last edited:
OP
H

hitman050

Journeyman
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
First of all thanks for vote of confidence :) I will answer point wise

1. Since its cPanel....it is Linux server as cPanel is only for Linux Server at the moment. Same goes for DirectAdmin

2. Yes it is Apache, Apache/1.3.37 to be exact.

3. Yes, you can prepay for 4 months. No probs. As a matter of fact, i will throw one month free for you ;)

4. You can register Domain from *aalphanet.com/ no probs. I am not sure if they offer Full Domain Control with it so you can point it to my server.

What i suggest is that....you get Domain from me aswell. It is cheaper aswell :D 7.95$ for 1st year while they are have price of (8.4$) approx. You will be having Full Control with Domain + FREE WHOIS Privacy (another 4$ benefit) :)

If i have missed something....let me know and i will be glad to help :)

Thanks for the help mate. I do trust you, as your one of the most helping members of the forum, and yeh thanks for the free month :D

Yeh I will register domain from you as well, din't see it earlier. So if I am getting it correctly, I can run PHP Fusion on your server, as it requires Apache Web Server 1.3x/2.x with PHP 4 (4.1.0 or higher) and mySQL installed. So, I guess I have made my choice :)

Thanks for the help guys, Ill be buying this today or tomorrow.

shashank4u

Youngling
yes u shud buy domain and hosting from the same service provider
whichever u prefer...
bytheway what do u ve for yr site ..what yr content
yr site will be abt what..

so sukhdeep must be happy man ..
i wanted to ask if hitman is yr first customer..
congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom