Advice on Assembling a Rig

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Any other suggestions about the GFX card from other members?
Why the i5 2500k over i7 2600k?
Any reasons?

However heavy softwares you use you wont max out your i5 2500k ..
BTW if even more power is required then you may overclock it..

Also if you save on your Proccy then you may get a nice GFX like
Buy MSI R7850 Power Edition 2GD5-OC Card in Mumbai India@ 17k

For CPU coolers you may look at this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-ivy-bridge-cpus.html#post1425515

If you want to get i7 then you may drop GFX for now & get one later since upgrading such costly components again & again is not easy for everyone..
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
As you can see for yourself HD 7850 beats GTX 560ti. also see DX11 comparision ... Won't you regret after 2~3 months that if i had spent ~4k more then.................
Also imp to say this diff will inc. in future titles & Also you get huge power saving & much cooler card.. So be wise. :-D

Pls avoid Viewsonic products.. I heard it someone saying in this forum.

Although i have no personal opinions but as far as my views go I would suggest this monitor that recieved best buy award from DIGIT..

BenQ GL2250HM 21.5" LED Monitor

abhidev

Human Spambot
well I called the ASUS guys again...they said that ASUS P8Z77 M pro is out of stock and will be only available by 10th Aug in the market.

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Now which one to buy ?

Saphire 7850 HD or MSI one?

Saphire was bout 16k in Nehru Place ...

The total has gone up to 75K now :(

exceeding my budget by 10k atleast ...

will post my config that i am considering as soon as i reach home ...

Btw,

Asus PA238Q looks like a real beast.
Or should I go for BenQ GL2250?
Or Dell U2312HM? :confused:

@ abhidev ...

Any tentative price? Is it worth waiting for over Z77 Extreme 4?

Any other suggestions? I am going to NP tomorrow and plan to buy the rig tomorrow itself ... If it's worth the wait, I will Wait :)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
well I called the ASUS guys again...they said that ASUS P8Z77 M pro is out of stock and will be only available by 10th Aug in the market.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/shopping/...ng-advice-thread-kolkata-235.html#post1717605

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
since someone PM ed me about llc...my reply...
"see...basically the board incorrectly gives the cpu vcore..if you put 1.24v in BIOS the board will increase it upto 1.36V..now for sandybridge chips..voltage fluctuations like this can be deadly..now since i have seen this behavior on Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 i urge anyone to stay away from this until they solve this...."

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Asus PA238Q looks like a real beast.
Or should I go for BenQ GL2250?
Or Dell U2312HM? :confused:

Either Asus PA238Q or Dell U2312HM. Both are very good. Recently AOC intoduced a 23" IPS panel @ ~12k, it is also very good (reviewed at AnandTech), though can't say if its in league of Asus & Dell. Have a look at them to satisfy yourself :p And don't miss 7850.

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Ok guys ...

Have somewhat finalised the config, going to get it today:

i7 2600k
Asus P8Z77-M
Saphire 7850 HD
G.Skill RipjawsX - 8gb X 2
Corsair Force GT 120GB
WD Caviar Black 500 GB
Corsair GS 600 PSU
Corsair 400R Cabinet
Samsung DVD R/W
Asus PA238Q or Dell U2312HM Monitor
Logitech Mouse+Keyboard combo

Any final points?

Also, Tell me, do I really need a CPU cooler that's worth 2.5K (like cooler master hyper 212 evo)?

OP
R

rachitsaran

Broken In
Someone above quoted that Z77 Extreme 4 has known issues...

"see...basically the board incorrectly gives the cpu vcore..if you put 1.24v in BIOS the board will increase it upto 1.36V..now for sandybridge chips..voltage fluctuations like this can be deadly..now since i have seen this behavior on Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 i urge anyone to stay away from this until they solve this...."

And what's wrong with Asus P8Z77-M

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
i don't get it......either u guys have no idea about how sensitive SB chips are...or u guys don't really care about quality stuff....

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
P8Z77-M isn't good for OCing. Though P8Z77-M pro is good enough, so it'd be good if you wait for it to be in stock again.

Get P8Z77M Pro, don't get P8Z77M.

Top Bottom