Advice for New Phablet and Samsung note II queries.

chetan.g

Journeyman
Hi guys,

Some days back while I was updating My Note II , through kies, the mobile was stuck in between and rebooted. From then, when ever I try to boot its not booting at all , not even the welcome screen of Samsung is showing up. Also the mobile is not even booting to recovery mode.

I have shown the phone to Samsung service center and they told me that Motherboard needs to be changed !! .

I do not believe that for such a little tiny thing they are replacing the whole motherboard. Moreover, My mobile condition was absolutely good and it was in healthy mode. I guess it wad Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS) may be due to "INSANE CHIP" which note II have (m not sure in it). But finally I opt for changing the motherboard of note II. I have some Questions regarding:

1. What is the Warranty period of New hardware or motherboard post installation.

2. How to confirm that Samsung service center have installed original Samsung note 2 motherboard.

3. What will be the actual valuation will I get, if I sell Note - II.

4. Also I want to buy new Smartphone/phablet and rounded three models - LG G2 , Sony Z1, Samsung Note 3 (m little bit skeptical about note 3).

Please help me in clearing the doubts and which one is better to opt for.

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have shown the phone to Samsung service center and they told me that Motherboard needs to be changed !! .

thats their solution to every problem.

But finally I opt for changing the motherboard of note II.

DON'T. you'll be charged upwards of 5k (maybe 10k+) for some small problem.

4. Also I want to buy new Smartphone/phablet and rounded three models - LG G2 , Sony Z1, Samsung Note 3 (m little bit skeptical about note 3).

if you need a better camera, go for G2. Else stick to Nexus 5. But i still believe a local repairing center can fix N2 for a small fee. Load a custom rom, downclock the processor and keep using it.

OP
C

chetan.g

Journeyman
Thanks sam for guidance .... before giving to center ... I tried every thing.. tried flashing via odin ... tried Re-formatting ... etc ... finally when there was no alternative I had to give it to service center .. and yes buddy u are correct they charged a hefty amount of 8k :-( ........ but anyways, I have to make it run. Just want to know .

1. What is the Warranty period of New hardware or motherboard post installation.

2. How to confirm that Samsung service center have installed original Samsung note 2 motherboard.

Kindly give inputs

Thanks and regards.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks sam for guidance .... before giving to center ... I tried every thing.. tried flashing via odin ... tried Re-formatting ... etc ... finally when there was no alternative I had to give it to service center .. and yes buddy u are correct they charged a hefty amount of 8k :-(

gosh. thats a huge amount. heard that mobiles that won't boot can be recovered by JTAG. anyway hope your mobile doesn't show anymore problems.

should be 6months. but mostly depends on the service center guys.

this will be tricky. check/match IMEI number maybe?

OP
C

chetan.g

Journeyman
LOL ... ya Sam its huge amount .. i know the samsung guys are leveraging their cutomers ... 1 year and the motherboard problem ... what the use of brand name SAMSUNG .. very poooor quality from samsung .. m done with it ... G2 will be good.!!

6 months !!! .... hmmmm i thought may be they will offer 1 year ...

ill check on it ... thanks for support sam ...

Top Bottom