Add Paste and Go Feature to Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
1 of the many great features in Opera is the way it loads a site automatically when you paste the URL into the address box. *smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/winknudge.gif

The same applies to search, just paste the search term and the search runs automatically without the need to hit "Enter" or the Search button.

Paste and Go is a Firefox extension that gives you similar functionality in Firefox. It's not quite as elegant as the Opera implementation in that u need to use Shift Ctrl V to paste and go rather than just Ctrl V but, nonetheless, it will save you time every day.

here at *addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3035/

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx for sharing it buddy. ;)

I want one extension for firefox, which can do as following:

Suppose I select a sentence or group of sentences and when I right-click on it after selecting the text, I get an option to open it in a new tab or something like that. Is there any extension available for this task? :)

PS: It should be posted in Reviews section. ;)

eddie

El mooooo
Vishal Gupta said:
Suppose I select a sentence or group of sentences and when I right-click on it after selecting the text, I get an option to open it in a new tab or something like that. Is there any extension available for this task? :)
Can you explain it a little more and your purpose behind this functionality? That will help us in searching more properly.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
eddie there's such a feature called 'Go To URL' in opera. You can select a bunch of text, right click on it and press go to url. Comes in handy when the url isn't shown as a link. Consider foo.bar.com now this won't be automatically highlighted as url, you will have to copy/paste it into the location bar. Say, you are reading some .txt page on your browser and stumble upon a link, you can right away highlight that link, right click and click 'Go to url'

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Egg-zactly. :D
I didnt know that Opera has this feature. There should be an extension for firefox too. :)

eddie

El mooooo
In the order of their rating
Fetch Text URL (4.70/5)
Linkification (4.31/5)
Text Link (3.90/5)
Linky (3.71/5)

All of them can fulfill what you desire. Check out and see which one you like :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
*img341.imageshack.us/img341/5607/pastengoti8.th.jpg

:D .. No extension / plugin / whatever needed ...

stars4lucky

Right off the assembly line
Ur rrrrrrrrrr So good dude thankx but it is for older version pls give links for
firfox 3

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thanks.Was looking for a similar feature .
It says This add-on is for older versions of Firefox :(

Status
Not open for further replies.