Active Screen of Nseries in S60 2nd edition phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsreality

Broken In
hello frndz!

As yet I cudnt find any other software which brings icons on the idle screen (desktop) so vividly and seemlessly as DesktOper...

This software is for Nokia S60 2nd edition phones...tested on 6630

Here's my screen of Nokia 6630..

*img243.imageshack.us/img243/3125/screenshot0004jy7.jpg

Doesnt that look quite superb? Very much like other phones in which this feature is in-built in the ROM itself..

Gud points---

1. Huge variety of icons to select and display on the desktop panel..
  2. Very detailed customisation...we can change color of almost every aspect of the feature including selection box, label, label background etc..
  3. The distance from the top to show the icon list can also be changed! Thus my network info and icon list fit quite nicely..isnt it? Very Happy
  4. Program list to show on the desktop is exhaustive including phone memory, mmc and ROM drive...so calendar, inbox, camera, music player, etc all can be set on desktop.
  5. Calendar entries are displayed below the icon bar and it can be disabled..infact the icon bar itself can be disabled. Memos and anniversaries/birthdays are displayed. MEETINGS ARE NOT. Some other garbage is also shown..(check the photo).
  6. The Edit key is used to show/hide the icon bar and calendar info..
  7. Icon bar can be displayed in various animations and a random option is also there.
  8. Its in 2 language: English & Italiano.
  9. No performance loss...no memory hog...it doesnt run in the background..
Bad points---

1. The icons are a bit ragged around the edges. But I think more icons can be downloaded from the site.
  2. To Do items are not displayed...N70 and other phones show that also which is wonderful!
  3. I wish the selection box could have been a solid box rather than a rectangle..it wud look more like N70.
  4. Sometimes the icon bar doesnt hide itself when contacts or other dialog boxes are opened. It has to be manually hidden (Edit key).
  5. The calendar items can be displayed in a much better, precise and concised way.
But overall this software fulfilled my wishes to have icons on desktop...full credit to the developers for that! I hope they improve it in future versions.

Friends, if you find any such software, do tell us about it here..

Download it here:
*oper2phone.altervista.org/

You will also need this software to run this file..
*sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154155

Do give ur views and suggestions plz..

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
ya..."active desk" comes close to this but it doesnt work on 2nd edition phones..its more of an organizer...but this just focuses on bringing icons to the desktop.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Pardon me but isn't this the same as the Active Standby that comes inbuilt?

Tools > Settings > Phone > Active Standby > On. ?

It displays calendar entries for the day and the next but not as many options like the random ones you say .. But it comes along. At-least I see it on my 3230 and 6681 phones.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Even in Active Standby you can choose among any software you've installed.

Tools > Settings > Phone > Active Standby > Active Standby Apps.

OP
xsreality

xsreality

Broken In
Tech.Masti said:
cool, will it works with 3230??
hmm...i m not really sure..i hvnt tested on it..i m sure of only 6630...y dont u try it and reply with ur views.:)

QwertyManiac said:
Pardon me but isn't this the same as the Active Standby that comes inbuilt?

Tools > Settings > Phone > Active Standby > On. ?

It displays calendar entries for the day and the next but not as many options like the random ones you say .. But it comes along. At-least I see it on my 3230 and 6681 phones.

yes 6680 and 6681 come with in-built "active standby". these phones dont need this software..though it has more features but default app is way better in terms of memory and other general use..
it lists app with drive also...so all default softwares are on Z drive..(ROM) while 3rd party softwares are on C:/E: (phone mem/mmc).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Tech.Masti said:
cool, will it works with 3230??

I tried it on my 3230.It worked fine.But when I start camera or other apps like games,it gives me a message memory full.Is there anyway to remedy this?Tell me.
Other than that I liked the app.Can we replace the icons?How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom