Acer 4520 Gemstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandan4u

Right off the assembly line
*global.acer.com/products/notebook/as4520.htm

Any users of this laptop? I would like to have first hand report about it. It is very cheap compared to the power pack features in it. With AMD I always fee `should I or Should I(Intel)'.My use will be medium,mainly working on internet,photoshop,excel etc.I am not going to move the machine much so no issue about battery but I need Wi-fi & bluetooth.Can you guide me,with which other laptop this can be compared with?I have compaq with me now & I am happy with it but now it is 3 years old & I find it bit slow.Pl. advise soon.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, the Aspire 4520 is available in India. Comes with Turion X2 TL-56, 1GB DDR2 RAM, WiFi, Bluetooth and the regular notebook jazz. And a 160GB HDD too! All this for 35k. Mumbai dealers bundle other freebies like pendrives, mouse, carry bag in the same price :)

But the new Gemstone design of these new Acer notebooks - you will either love it or hate it. Online pics you see don't reveal the true picture. So, make sure you have a look before buying it. The specs are nice, price is too.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
thatz good.. im also lukin for it.. btw what is the audio and graphics solution present in it?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i saw this lappy at croma it looked very good value for money and if my memory serves me right it has a nvidia some 7000 series grafix adapter

infohardik

Broken In
guys i already bought this model a week ago.
its great!! audio looks

BUT do not even consider running Vista 64 bit Drivers not provided even XP drivers not provided but the XP 32 bit drivers u can get it from Acers Tech support tats AshTech Infotech , Mahalakshmi Mumbai i got the drivers of XP XP64 n few drivers of Vista 64.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
but i didnt like its looks... so "finally" (yeah no more sharing of inspiron6400 and mac book) goin wid hp pavilion dv6502au...
btw watz the wei of 4520

aku

Gonna make it BiG
nope.. it isnt

i really dun think so.. cuz the hp dv6502au is havin 2.2*.. (dun kno y!!!.. ahh.. its from the gamin index.. may be)

its really gettin tough for me to decide which 1 to take.. man!!!

any1.. please answerrrrrrr...... wat sud i do....

*am i missing something?

Last edited:

aku

Gonna make it BiG
i dun have a prob shellin out uptill 43k... but need a gud wei score... im really confused...

jus wanna know.. is dv6502au for 43k a good buy? just need to know.. should i go for it...?

@infohardik.. whats the wei of ur machine?

Last edited:

aviheee

hey guys i m planning to buy acer 4520...plz advice...do i get it or is there a better deal at a similar price...
i m concerned about 1 thing only...AMD processor......it gets heated up isnt it...
what about the graphics card......and the drivers stuff....r they available..??

girishadat

Hi. I just bought this laptop. In first two days i didn't feel any heating issue, even after moderate usage for about 7 to 9 hours. I'll post in this thread after checking with some temperature measuring software.
Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.