Ace or K-lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
there r two codec packs available, one is Ace mega codec pack and the other is k-lite mega codec pack.... which is better among both.....

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i've been using k-lite for the last 2yrs and haven't come across any format that hasn't played in k-lite :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I usually disapprove Codec Packs. A better option is to install the codecs seperately. But you can go for K-Lite if you do not want all that trouble.

BTW, i dont know how many of you are aware, but QuickTime alternative is Warez or Cracked, whatever you wanna call it.

Open the Quicktime Applet from Control Panel after installin the alternatives. Quicktime pro is enabled using an unlocking key, which i believe it not legal way of doing so.
Correct me if anyone feels otherwise.

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
xbonez said:
i've been using k-lite for the last 2yrs and haven't come across any format that hasn't played in k-lite :)

try to play wmv files.... becoz its not playing in my com:(

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
xbonez said:
played a wmv clip. works perfectly

try reinstalling the k-lite codec pack. it should help

i uninstalled and then reinstalled latest k-lite codec pack but still i cannot play wmv files.... dont know wat is the problem?????:(

Possible

Custom User Title
vish786 said:
sorry for postin in wrong section,........... but k-lite does not play wmv files in my com dude:rolleyes:

Uhh, you don't need any additional codecs to play WMV, Windows Media Player has them inbuilt :rolleyes:

CyCo

In the zone
klite ROCKS !! (during install choose lots of stuff .. u get the best deal)

wmv plays perfectly ..

@vish786
select lots of stuff while installing .. maybe that will help . .

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i generally choose everything while installing codec packs coz they don't consume too much space.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
+1 for K-Lite.

Using it for a year now. Haven't got any problem yet.
Are there any other codec packs available.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ACE Mega codec pack is better, quality of avi files feels better compared to Klite Mega codec pack.

But here are the cons of ACE Mega codec pack:
1) One of the dll provided is a debug version. (try running dxdiag and see the dlls)
2) You cant play FEAR with ACE mega codec installed.

Only thing good about Klite Mega codec pack is that it has got much good developer support and updates comes as n when they are released.

Personally i dont like any codec pack but like to install these three codec separately.
1) Xvid
2) QuickTime Altenative
3) Real Alternative

As for player
1) VLC plays everything (built in codecs)
2) any other player will do after installing above mentioned codecs.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
T159 said:
Xvid

1) VLC plays everything (built in codecs)
2) any other player will do after installing above mentioned codecs.
My VLC doesn't play .flv files. What can be done?

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
janitha said:
My VLC doesn't play .flv files. What can be done?

a separate flv player is available on the net for playing flv files, its a freeware u can download it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom