Accidentally corrupted simlock 3110c

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I have a problem here guys. I have a one and a half year old 3110 classic which was accidentally simlocked(maybe its corrupted)(its a long story..) and when i press the power button, it does switch on and takes me to the standby screen(which shows "No sim card inserted", obviously). But if i listen to music or play games, it automatically turns off after about 3 mins!! Ive tried all sim unlocking software, etc, but to no avail.

Now I'm thinking of exchanging it with a new cellphone. Could you guys help me on how to exchange it without the store salesman suspecting anything? Thanks!

Btw if there are other workarounds available(like software to revive the phone) than just exchanging the phone do tell me.

azzu

AJJU
^ did you try to update the Software of the phone , If not
go to nearest Nokia care the'll do it for around rs 250 /- (may be less ) if it doesnt work
then i suspect there may be a Hardware problem

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Ive tried software update about 10 times.....no effect. By the way software updates do not change the simlock code by any way........so please any suggestions guys......help me!!!!!! Any way I can get past the store salesman???? I hope its not illegal to ask such stuff here!

Tamoghno

Padawan
if you have the bill then u can always ask nokia care . but best would be to go to mobile repairing shops and ask them .

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Call your mobile service provider's support and request for the SIM lock no. They will ask your name, your mobile no. etc and also the number on the SIM card. If the details you give are genuine, they will give you the no. for SIM lock and you can unlock it. And for the restarting issue, it is prevalent with 3110. Guess there is no reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom