about Squid

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Ok the computer i use now a days ..is working under Company's proxy and is managed by squid/2.5.STABLE4 ...but the problem is i cant install or use the Daily Necessities of Life ;) like Ymsnger, Flashget ...even words Like MP3 are Blocked in Google .. :( ..so can any one help me out how to install n manage the softs so that work for me..coz even Avast Free is not Updating... i tryed every thing but cant connect my ymsngr....did fiddled with settings...Proxy..Firewall..no firewall..but no use.....also am stuck with IE ..coz no other Browser is connecting (Tryed Green Browser which works on IE engine..)

Note : I am not asking you to tell me the ways to Hack In ...(i can manage it my self .. ;) ) i just wanted to know what settings should i keep so that softs like Ymsnger/Flashget etc will work...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Use e-messenger.net instead of IM clients. There was a post on how to use BT clients using proxy in tut section. You may want to try that.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
saroman: Altho it is possible to work around these settings, please understand the legal implecations of the above. If you are behind a corp server then in all probability they have a AV solution themselves and hence you dont need AVast and so on. And words like mp3 are banned means it is the policy of the company to do so. Do understand the legal implications of doing the above.

Any information provided to bypass in terms of tools/settings you need it all points to hacking activities. Do think abt it as to why these things are in place.....

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
well icecoolz ...There is no Av as such here....and The company told to Install it locally..so i came up with a Free Solution......also there are no Legal Implementations as such here ...the thing is pple here dont know a Damn thing about Computers to b frank.....i am the Only Computer literate person here ...so guess its not a problem..also i have found the Solution to the Problem.....all i had to do is get the Proxy IP..to get the things working......and i Did...now my opera/Flashget Work fine.....i wil have to d/l Ymsnger again to chk if it works or not..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom