About Sony Ericcson K700 i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hi,
I wanted to buy Sony Eric K 700i. Any one with experience with the phone? I just want to know if there are any known issues with it.
I am a sony fan and would like to know what you feel about the phone. Any suggestions or alternates? I am medical college student and ....... :roll:

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Here is the honest answer. I have experience witht his phone and here are my views.
Its good phone and thats about it. Camera is ok. Body is flimsy, i did not expected such poor built quality from such expensive phone. Has good memory built in but its not expandable. So you wont be able to carry too much data or songs at a time on it. Its uses some unknown OS which dosent have any applications for it as against nokia S60 phones like 6600/7610 etc.
Style is personal choice so I wont comment on it. Buttons on K700 have very very plastic feel, they are almost same as t230 which i really didnt like. Interface is clean and nice.
You would rather buy 6600. Both phones have great screen, 6600 has expandable memory upto 1GB through MMC card. Its cheaper and quicker to get serviced in future. I had SE t610 and it took me 3 months to get my piece repaired from sony :rolleyes:
With 6600 you will be able to use countless applications available for it to make it as good as any PDA. There are lots of tools available for 6600 which will help medical student like you.

G

gxsaurav

I M using a K500i mwhich is much like K700i is built quality & OS wise

I would say, write all the requirments U need in a phone & then decide, that would be easy

The OS is fast, I mean, my K500i OS is fasr so the k700i would also be fast, my requirments were fulfilled by K500i so I skipped K700i, so better check the requirments.

Although the OS of my phone sometimes, hangs, when I give a lot of commands altogether, but this ended with a firmware upgrade

sharma_deepak

Right off the assembly line
BUY a SYMBIAN phone instead!!

I am not against buying Sony Ericssion but I prefer everyone to buy a SYMBIAN phone because of its customisability and load of internet support. WHY?? you will buy the phone and will like like playing with it by installing softwares and either you will find JAVA ones which honestly cant do anything if u havent seen my N-Gage QD or buy it from sony ericssion but the software they provide can be counted on my fingers. So instead think of Nokia 6600 or 765 or my N-gage QD. Think of it slugger. 8)

aadipa

Padawan
gxsaurav said:
Although the OS of my phone sometimes, hangs, when I give a lot of commands altogether, but this ended with a firmware upgrade

gx i have same phone... how u upgraded the firmware ??

funkymonkey

Journeyman
take it to SE service station and get firmware upgraded. As far as I know only Siemens phone allow users to upgrade firmware. All rest has to be done by professionals.

G

gxsaurav

Ya, go to the service centre, they have some special cable, which only they have, besides it's less dangerous when a Pro Service guys does it, I can blame it on them if anything goes wrong

hikapil

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me that can I install all Applications in SE K700 that are supported in NK 6600.

I Prefer it due to its memory, big screen and radio over 6600.

Please reply.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
K700i is not a symbian phone, so i guess u cant install apps that comes with nokia. :)

Now i can see many users buying SE phones and not able to use it like nokia ones... one fellow asked abt IR remote control, another one asked how to expand memory and now this fellow....

But there may be a seperate apps only for SE phones.

hikapil

Journeyman
K700

You mean that if i purchase K700, i won't use it for IR remote.

One more thing, It support .sis applications or not.

What would U prefer, 6600 or K700, lease guide me drgrudge.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
lol...if you ask dr G he'll obviously say Nokia :p However in this case I would have to agree that the Nokia 6600 is a better phone. Since it has a symbian based OS it will support most of what the other phones support

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: K700

hikapil said:
You mean that if i purchase K700, i won't use it for IR remote.
Yes, u cant use it for that purpose. And there are several other interesting apps that u cant use it in your K700i.

hikapil said:
What would U prefer, 6600 or K700, lease guide me drgrudge.
Hmm, now i can say it all depends on your needs.

CASE FOR going 6600:
* 6600 costs rs. 14.5k only, K700i will cost you rs. 17-17.5k
* symbain os , series 60 phone.
* a large screen
* expandable memory

CASE against going for 6600:
* All masala stuff :twisted: , like mp3 player, FM radio wont be available.
But there is option. Ultra mp3 plays mp3 and we can buy a FM for rs. 40.
* good camera resolution, or atleast better than 6600.
* 65k colors

And if u need masala stuff and want to go for nokia then go for 6260 (u can read the review of the same by searching the forums), it costs as much as k700i costs (or even less) and it's a symbian phone as well.

Man no idea abt the .sis file. :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Re: K700

hikapil said:
One more thing, It support .sis applications or not.

.sis files are Symbian Application files.. Just like .exe files for Windows..

And ofcourse u cant run 'em on k700i, since its not a Symbian phone..

hikapil

Journeyman
Thanks

Thankyou very much to you for the great help to me by answering my queries.

Specially thanks to drgrudge, SmoothCriminal, icecoolz

What i conclude is this:

Camera: 6600 is also good, but K700 wins as it has flash also.
FM radio: K700 Wins.
Ringtones: K700 Support Mp3, But 6600, i can play Wav as ringtones.
OS & Applications: Here 6600 wins and win by great difference and cover at least 2-3 small drwabacks of Its.

Memory: 6600 Wins as it is expandable, and bundled with 32 MB at start. If i have missed something please point out

drgrudge: I will ask for the price of Nokia 6260 and then opt between 6600 and 6260. according to my budget.

Thanks again for all your views.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well.. yup.. 6600 has a Real One Player installed in it..

using 6600, u can play 3GP, MP3, MP4, mpeg, rm etc.. but lemme tell u.. the sound quality isnt great..

There are loads of sw available for Symbian phones.. u even have sw for editing images and scuh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom