Aaaaahhhh..... my Outlook 2003 is not working!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnab2kool

On the net
Hello,

I am using Windows XP with SP2 and I have installed Outlook 2003 for sending/receiving emails. I have accounts in Hotmail and Yahoo. I want to receive send emails from this 2 accounts using Outlook. I have tried to configure both my acounts but its doesnt works.

My friend told me to configure the Incoming and Outgoing mail server. Incoming shud be POP3 and Outgoing shud be SMTP. But whats the address of this 2 for the Hotmail and Yahoo? I dont know and I am stuck.

Can anyone please help me how to make my Outlook working completely my mentioning the steps from the start to the end.

Thank you.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I would try to explain it, but it would be easier if you Googled it! you might need to configure your firewall, unless you are using win firewall.

OP
arnab2kool

arnab2kool

On the net
Liggy said:
I would try to explain it, but it would be easier if you Googled it! you might need to configure your firewall, unless you are using win firewall.

Googled it. Dint helped me. The POP3 and SMTP they provided on the example doesnt works. I have disabled the Win Firewall. Using the Zonealarm Firewall, and I have given access right for internet to Outlook. Doesnt helps still.

Thank you.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
arnab2kool said:
Hello,

My friend told me to configure the Incoming and Outgoing mail server. Incoming shud be POP3 and Outgoing shud be SMTP. But whats the address of this 2 for the Hotmail and Yahoo? I dont know and I am stuck.

Thank you.

For yahoo India
Pop server=pop.mail.yahoo.co.in
SMTP/outgoing server= smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in

Replace co.in with com for Yahoo US account.

Dont know about hotmail

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Ohhh I remember this issue, I remmeber why I didn't like Yahoo, ( why I rarely check my mail) You need Yahoo! plus or something stuipd like that. see there is yahoo mail that everyone has cuz it is free, then there is their payus money for a bigger better yahoo mail. so unless you have the paus version, as far as I know you can't set up yahoo through outlook, but you should be able to with hotmail, Gmail . Unless someone can forsure verify I am wrong?
does hotmail work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom