a small prob with the optical mouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaap_anujan

Broken In
hi!!!!i recently bought a microsoft compact 500 mouse.but while moving the mouse sometimes the pointer jumps from one part of the screen to other.why does this happen?????????????
can i also know the conditions for an optical mouse to work perfectly(for e.g.-type of mousepad etc).

choudang

Padawan
it was happend to me earlier.. what i did.... just uninstalled the prev mouse driver and did a fresh installtion of the mouse driver. now its fine.....

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Maybe it's the driver. But mostly, optical mouse devices hate hair strands. Check your mouse pad or the underside of the mouse for stufff.

ishaan

Padawan
u dont need 2 use a mousepad wid optical unless ur table is of glass or some other reflective material.

i got a wooden table so i dont use one n its perfect

abhijitroy

Broken In
I, too, am facing a problem with optical mouse. I've Cordless Wheel Mouse of Compaq-Logitech. On single click it doesn't react and double click it just selects like single click. My sys is Win XP (SP2). Has anybody any clue to solve this problem. Needless to say, I've uninstalled/reinstalled/updated the mouse driver a number of times.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz my microsoft wheel mouse optical is also facing the same problem .. its not a driver issue as i have tried reinstalling it many times ..i was using it on a wooden surface earlier but now use a mousepad and the jumping has become less frequent.. i did not face the problem with my old logitech optical mouse though.

anilvc31

Right off the assembly line
I am going to buy a new mouse in 2 days. My budget is 800-900. A friend has suggested some 'microsoft **** 1.1' model. he knows it and uses it.
what do u guys say?
TO BE OR NOT TO BE ?

any other model in this catagory?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft 4 star 1.1 mouse? Don't go for that. If ur budget is 900, then go for the logitech or microsoft laser gaming mouse. They are excellent.

KoRn

In the zone
alaap_anujan said:
hi!!!!i recently bought a microsoft compact 500 mouse.but while moving the mouse sometimes the pointer jumps from one part of the screen to other.why does this happen?????????????
can i also know the conditions for an optical mouse to work perfectly(for e.g.-type of mousepad etc).

hey i got da same prob 2 but there is no driver needed i just plug in the mouse through the usb port and it works so where do i get the drivers like the specific url. :oops:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Maybe you guys need to lower your mouse sensitivity settings and increase sampling rate for the mouse port.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Does the pointer jump when u open a new application/forms (like properties, etc...)

Then i think Snap To is enabled in ur CPL's Mouse Properties (3rd tab)

If it is enabled, disable it...

siriusb said:
Maybe you guys need to lower your mouse sensitivity settings and increase sampling rate for the mouse port.

No, it's not that. I've just built a new rig, same mouse, same jumping problem. I got the Keyboard and Mouse combo for QAR 70 (approx INR 900). I've downloaded and installed Intellipoint v5.2 from the Microsoft website. Haven't observed jumping pointer since. Will keep fingers crossed.

-Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom