A Rs 251 smart phone!!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Ya bro nothing personal . I am an analyst who love smartphone . secondly " HOPE IS BEST THING YOU CAN GIVE TO OTHERS "
Bro. kidding with you.
Well keeping aside kidding,brother would you care to explain me and all of us,how the smartphone Freedom 251 could be sold at a price of Rs.251/- along with the specs. as provided??
When other companies and hardware traders besides tech. experts has repeatedly commented in TV and media that the cost could not come down below Rs.2,250/-(approx.) despite selling it at a total LOSS,isn't it an impossibility for the said smartphone to be sold at such imaginary and absurd price?

Wanted to know if you have relevant info.

Innocent Lies

Broken In
I wonder if you can sell a smartphone which you can't use without filling in your card details.

Then if you put ads & popups to buy stuff right in the UI with link to your store. Accidental clicks=revenue. That's the only way I see it working.

Ofcourse then people will buy 1K worth hardware @ 251 then root/format/freaking anything it to use it as they want.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Sorry, no offense but from the language and way Mr. Tango007 is discussing about this phone.. clearly he / she is paid forum poster to uplift the tainted image .. kind of damage control for company.

src; Years of experience with forums..

Btw, I will be happy to see if they really delivers such phone on such price, ultimately it will be customer who will benefit, they will just set new benchmark for price to feature thing.. no hatred against company.

But the way did things, looks like a kid got 1 million rupee, thought to make them 100 million out of it, jumped into an idea which looked good on papers.. rest you all know.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Latest Update :
Freedom 251 is still alive and kicking; deliveries to start in May: Report – Tech

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Is it really possible to get a smart phone only for Rs. 251?

Maybe on eBay/OLX/Quiker ! :D

Seriously, I don't think so. June is here and there is still none who have claimed he/she got the phone.
Even if one does get, it would be a cheap Chinese handset delivered at a heavy loss and it would be sent by the Company just to keep the promoters out of jail.

There are lot of regulations regarding the materials used in electronics (conflict free minerals/ metals/ materials, SAR value etc).
Then there is the process of sourcing all the components, then assembly, testing, packing and the distribution. Lets not forget marketing and the margin on each device.
Now, it is only common sense to conclude the obvious.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Recently there's tide of such con phone manufacturers like Docoss x1 @ 888 or the even cheaper Namotel @ Rs. 99. Now as per reviews and videos I think some will get only the Docoss X1.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Freedom 251: 2 lakh units to be shipped via state-wise lucky draw between 30 June to 5 July – Tech

ajay jangid

Broken In
The conveyance of the world's least expensive smartphone, Freedom 251, got deferred by a week. Prior the telephone should go on special from 30th June, now the conveyance will at long last start from July 6. According to the Founder and CEO Mohit Goel, Ringing Bells, they are attempting to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi for picking up his backing under the Make In India activity. The organization is prepared with about 2 lakh units.

icebags

Technomancer
they practically have no other choice, but the ship the fone at least to a reasonable quantity. either deliver it, or face jail sentence. :silly_NF:

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
they just need a donation of 50,000 crore rupees from government. :rofl:

Freedom 251 Delivery to Begin Friday, First Phase to Include 5,000 Units | NDTV Gadgets360.com

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Freedom 251 first look: Misleading specs on the box; but at Rs 251, you won't get a better phone – Tech

Top Bottom