A Reliable Wireless Internet Provider

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi,
I'm looking for a wireless internet service provider.
It should meet the following requirements :

1. Support online tutoring sessions for longer duration with no lags. Latency should not be an issue.
2. Offer a constant speed not less than 70 KB/s. It should not be influenced greatly by number of users accessing the service.
3. Be reliable
4. Offer Unlimited Usage

Budget :- Around Rs 1200 Per Month.
PS : I live in Aurangabad.

Last edited:

am·nesiac

Broken In
I am using EVDO Data Card for Internet Service with Roaming, from BSNL. It is woking Excellent for me! It is Wireless Broadband! EVDO Data Card can give Internet acess speed upto 2.4 Mbps.

Salient features are:

Free Internet usage limit: UNLIMITED
Cost of card ( purchased outright): Rs.2500 (inclusive of Sale Tax)
Fixed monthly chrages: Rs.750.00
Speed: Upto 2.4 Mbps
Regsistration charges: Nil
Activation charges: Rs. 500
Prices are with effect from 01-05-2010
Service Tax, as applicable, will be extra

ENJOY!

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I too vote for BSNL. My brother purchased Reliance stick at home (Bhopal). Download speed sucked big time. I got him BSNL and the difference was felt by everyone...instantly!

pauldmps

Banned
If the OP has BSNL CDMA (not GSM) coverage at his place, than EVDO is the best thing to go for. And monthly charges would be Rs. 999 & not Rs. 750.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
AFAIK, all telecom companies use same towers (do not know in much detail) for both GSM and CDMA signals.

Actually I once asked a Reliance customer executive in web world about their GSM coverage. He told me so. Though you can't trust the brains of these people.

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I'm thinking of Getting Reliance NetConnect Rs 1599 and one of their unlimited plans with FUP. Should I take reliance or go for bsnl evdo? Budget no bar.

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
An update : I got Reliance Net Connect Broadband + and its amazing! Latency is as low as 60ms to Indian Sites.
I get around 250-320KB/s Download Speed.
It's simply amazing!

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Unlimited 950 - 3.1 mbps upto 5GB thereafter 144kbps with Unlimited usage.
Costs Rs 750 (Rs 200/Discount per month for lifetime on any plan)

Gonna upgrade it to 3.1 mbps upto 15GB and 144kbps after that (Unlimited) which costs around Rs 1200/- next month :)

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
^I thought of the same but 18KB/s Download Rate is not that bad as it may seem. There is almost no noticeable latency for surfing so it won't make a huge difference anyways :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You wont beleive this but one of my cousins have Photo-on+

and the top dowload speed they get it 6 kbps. Beleive it or not, my 2g gprs connection(Vodafone live) gets speeds more than that

Top Bottom