A phone similar to sony ericsson K750i

Mangal Singh

Right off the assembly line
I had this phone with a good camera and the music quality with the MegaBass equalizer and the handsfree was way to awesome. I Just want to buy a new phone with these two qualities everything else is secondary.

This legendry phone had a
1. Dedicated camera button for its awesome 2MP camera.
2. Music buttons that i can feel from outside my jeans pocket and change the volume and track.
3. Awesome bundled handsfree that made me hear every track on my playlist.
4. A built in remote control feature for PowerPoint presentations.
It was a best buy phone on DIGIT june(month i'm not sure) 2005.
Nokia lumia and Sony Xperia phones, i don't know about the quality of the bundled handsfree and if they provide the same Bass quality. Which phone should i buy. my budget is under 15K (maximum)

bhvm

Journeyman
hello there. yes those phones are legendary. I currently have Samsung note but I miss the mega bass, keypad and oh those looks!! I have a Sony w610 perfectly fine in case you're interested. it satisfies ALL your above points. I don't think you can buy them new now.

ashs1

Padawan
i had the SE w580i ( shake to change song. :p) which i replaced very recently with the Xperia L.

To OP : so your main needs are good camera & music quality ??? any preferences for OS ( windows/Android) ??

Under 15k, Lumia 720 has a awesome camera ( no idea about music quality )..Xperia L has a decent camera, but mediocre handsfree..You can always enhance the sound quality by tweaking settings in various music player apps.

OP
M

Mangal Singh

i had the SE w580i ( shake to change song. :p) which i replaced very recently with the Xperia L.

To OP : so your main needs are good camera & music quality ??? any preferences for OS ( windows/Android) ??

Under 15k, Lumia 720 has a awesome camera ( no idea about music quality )..Xperia L has a decent camera, but mediocre handsfree..You can always enhance the sound quality by tweaking settings in various music player apps.

Thanks to all for replying. No preference for the OS just a phone with good handsfree music quality with good bass and a good camera, any phone with these two features.

OP
M

Mangal Singh

Aren't there any phone from sony nokia and samsung with a good handsfree music quality with good thumpy bass as that was on k750i and other walkman phones with good camera quality.

Hrishi

Aren't there any phone from sony nokia and samsung with a good handsfree music quality with good thumpy bass as that was on k750i and other walkman phones with good camera quality.

Look for smartphones with Dedicated DAC like wolfson ...etx.
Last good one I remember was samsung galaxy s with wolfson dac.
With a vodoo patch it had an unbeatable sound quality.

Afaik , camera is concerned lumia wins hands down.
Buy a pair of decent IEMs and a Amp. And you should be good to go.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
lol nostalgia..just buy any smart phone with good build quality, iphone 5s or some android device may be and then and search for megbass apps, music player
and buy good ear phones such as sennheiser

bhvm

Journeyman
sennheiser ie8 are gods if you can afford. Otherwise creative EP630 or EP830 are great. Else look for skullcandy Titan Metal series.

OP
M

Mangal Singh

lol nostalgia..just buy any smart phone with good build quality, iphone 5s or some android device may be and then and search for megbass apps, music player
and buy good ear phones such as sennheiser

That is the problem, the bundled earphones are not good in the newcomers while in SE phones they were nice, i need not to buy them separately. I phone 5s! by budget is strict 15 K, yesterday bought my friend a samsung galaxy core, the music quality was nothing compared to the sony walkman series phones.

OP
M

Mangal Singh

Bought Samsung Galaxy Core for 12490/- the camera quality and music quality with mega-bass is awesome, missing the side keys for changing the song, K750i i miss you allrounder !

ashs1

Padawan
i don't wanna sound depressing but you could've have done a bit more research before zeroing on Galaxy core..it appears to be pricey :O
But, if it satisfies your camera & music needs, its good !! :)

Congrats !! If possible, pls post you review on Galaxy core. :) :)

Top Bottom