A newbie's guide to Overclocking a Athlon XP CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
well ur first answer answered my query anyways. So thanks. Right now if I try to tweak my graphics card even a lil bit its super sensitive...maybe a problem with my OS...will test and let u know...

Pro OC'er yes....me is a newbie to OC so any advice is info to me :)

skate056

Right off the assembly line
AMD processor for MSI KT4Ultra

Hi,
Just wanted to get some information for upgrading my PC.
Right now I am using a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ on a MSI KT4Ultra motherboard (VIA KT400 chipset). I just want to upgrade to a faster processor. Any suggestions(with price) about compatible processors available in the market?
Thanks,
Saket

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Re: AMD processor for MSI KT4Ultra

skate056 said:
Hi,
Right now I am using a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ on a MSI KT4Ultra motherboard (VIA KT400 chipset). I just want to upgrade to a faster processor. Any suggestions(with price) about compatible processors available in the market?
Thanks,
Saket

I guess you havent realised the hidden potential in your CPU. :wink:

sunmysore

Journeyman
Re: AMD processor for MSI KT4Ultra

skate056 said:
Hi,
Thanks,
Saket

hmm...if you have the right core, it can be oced by about 800MHz :twisted:

hey, anyone can tell me how to over clock my 2600+ cpu! i i have used all the fsb to run it to its mentioned speed that is 2083Mhz.my board(a7v8x-mx)(asus) gives till 166Mhz.i got it using dsw switch on the board.but,no fsb left i think.
calculations,
[166Mhz*12.5(freq.multiple)]=2083mhz.

sunmysore

Journeyman
Are those stock speeds????? or do you have a 2000+????

try the "frequency/voltage" option in the BIOS, increase ur FSB there :)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
2600+ Barton ? That cpu is unlocked. Anyways ur mobo is the bottle neck. It doesnt support fsb increases. So I dont think it will support much in terms of OCing. Also remem you can only do so much on stock cooling solutions else u will end up frying ur mobo and ur cpu.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
sunmysore said:
Are those stock speeds????? or do you have a 2000+????

try the "frequency/voltage" option in the BIOS, increase ur FSB there :)

Asus A7V8X-MX doesnt allow FSB tweaking from BIOS it has DIP switches. :wink:

saROMan

QA Juggler
well my Bro has a AMD 2000+ XP @1250GHZ, Asus A7v266-MX mobo..but its FSB..Clock Multiplyer...etc features are disabled.....any idea how i can enable them to increse FSB ??

[flAsh]

In the zone
need info on overclocking, cooling., modding any type of athlon existing on earth??
check out
*amdboard.com/ocspecial.html

mamba

In the zone
u guys OCing ........ hmmmmmmmmm
CHEK THIS VID OUT , watch the processor jump a FEW feet in the air , leavin a hole behind !!!!!!!!!!!!!
*www.glebeci.ca/users/matt/video/Scene_1_AMD_Duron_Vaporizing_final_divx_lq1.avi
m sure will have some effect on u :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[flAsh]

In the zone
mamba said:
u guys OCing ........ hmmmmmmmmm
CHEK THIS VID OUT , watch the processor jump a FEW feet in the air , leavin a hole behind !!!!!!!!!!!!!
*www.glebeci.ca/users/matt/video/Scene_1_AMD_Duron_Vaporizing_final_divx_lq1.avi
m sure will have some effect on u :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was sumthing unbelieveable. wow the processor shud take part in high jumping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

indro

In the zone
You will find the settings in the BIOS multiplier settings , its quite easy to find it in the MSI motherboards , But everything is BIOS dependent.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok ill be frank.. i haven tried OCing till now.. i have a PIV 1.5 GHZ,, fresh diagnoise showed that my processer is running at 1503 Mhz... i would like to over clock it.. also it says multiplier supported are 13.0x,14.0x....,24.0x

till how much can i over clock it.. i have MS-6529 Mobo (from MSI) and 256 MBram.. can sum1 help me over clock my cpu..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom